lafferjm wrote:
how is that a clue are you saying if I transfer it to my calc it will do everything it can to optimize it and make it smaller.

No. I am saying that you should use that to generate code to post onto the forum, it's neater and it will save you time.
WTF? I posted code up on the page, and now it is gone! Mad Crying

I hope the program is still in the trash can of my computer...
Confused Crying How did that happen? I didn't delete any posts...
I don't know, but it was really nice looking code too... Crying

If I still have it on my comp, I will see about reposting it. Otherwise, I will see about remaking and posting...
Alrighty. What was it?
I shall try to repost it here shortly...
BASIC Code wrote:
:ClrHome
:ClrDraw
:AxesOff
:62YMax
:0Ymin
:94Xmax
:0Xmin
:15A
:1W
:Horizontal(50
:Text(1,20,"WELCOME TO RWK
:Text(15,35,"START
:Text(30,35,"HELP
:Text(45,35,"QUIT
:While W=1
:Text(A,28,">
:getKeyK
:If K
:Text(A,28,"
:A-(((K=25)(A>15)15)-((K=34)(A<45)15))A
:If K=105:Delvar W
:End
:If A=15:Goto
:If A=30:Goto H
:If A=45:Goto Q
Generated by SourceCoder, © 2005 Cemetech

There we go...
Nice, quite 1337.
Opps, I forgot that I had added some stuff to it afterwards, so he could integrate it directly into his game, with out having to figure out how it worked...
Optimizations:
>> While W=1 > While W
>> Remove outer grouping paren for A-(...+...)-->A
I did it to isolate the equation, because on one occasion, I kept getting wierd errors out of it. The extra 2 bytes is well worth the lack of problems. Wink

And as to the While W=1, it is because While W means While W>0, which in my Pokemon game, I use 2 or more While loops, the first starting at or near the top, and the second for the key press. This way, I can just jump back in the first, reload any images or text, and it will automatically go back to the key press routine. Smile

I really should write some stuff up on that...
thats the strategy Ive been using in all my menus. Output( is nice for that too.
I have been thinking about the theory of it for a while, but I have never bothered to implement it until Pokemon, as I am desperate not to use any Lbl commands. I still need to confirm there are none in the game currently...
instead of using the Goto's at the end, just use put the code inside an If statement
elfprince13 wrote:
thats the strategy Ive been using in all my menus. Output( is nice for that too.

That's pretty much exactly how I do all of my menus.
Anyone think they can trim the code down even more from what is what I posted, keeping to the original code as close as possible? Smile
Other than making a sub( statement out of the menu items, no.
Well good. Very Happy

Now where is he?? Confused
Heh, good question... Sad
sorry about that i cant be on till friday but thanx for thatt code i will gladly try it

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours