Just a small thing... I logged on, and as a server Co-Owner, I always try to check the plugin list when I log on to a new server so I can get a rough idea as to what I can or cannot do. I noticed that you have both "SignColours" and "Essentials." I would just suggest that you get rid of SignColours and just enable colored signs in the Essentials config.
Are the parameters for coloring signs the same for both plugins?

I'm also going to formally rename and make this topic the Minecraft Suggestions thread.
Quote:
Are the parameters for coloring signs the same for both plugins?

I'd assume so. With Essentials, if you want white text, you'd type "&fText" on a line.

Quote:
I'm also going to formally rename and make this topic the Minecraft Suggestions thread.

mmk.
they are the same, it is used in minecraft internally too.
[cough]
here's a suggestion: stop killing us (that means you, peredur)
[/cough]
Asian wrote:
here's a suggestion: stop killing us (that means you, peredur)

The server is PvP, you can form Nations with other cities and "create" diplomacies. If you are in a Nation with Peredurs' home city I suggest you talk to your cities owner and members and consider breaking away from the Nation or something else.

If the user is killing you in your city then your permissions are wonky. If it's in theirs or another city then you should probably avoid that city or go with a crew.

If you feel like there is abuse let me know privately and I'll assess the situation while in-game.
Hey Comic, I have a proposition for you. I would love to build a server spawn world that could be used to also go into other worlds like a minigame world, or a creative world. I would also make the custom terrain for the spawn and if you allowed it I would create the per-world permissions file (that you would then review before adding to the server). I can do alot of different types of building styles, but would prefer to do a medieval style spawn. If you want to assess my work go Here to check a small server spawn I did, or Here for another good build of mine!
I don't see the benefit of having a central spawn world with branching worlds; our current world is active and flourishing and we shouldn't change it too dramatically. It's not ideal to have more than one world. If more of our members and players show interest in a multi-world server it'll be considered for the next time we reset the server and proper testing* can be done.

*I'd have to take the server into whitelist mode to ensure the new permissions files worked and thorough testing could take a day or three depending on schedules of the testers.
Ok thanks, it was just an idea anyways.
comicIDIOT wrote:
I don't see the benefit of having a central spawn world with branching worlds; our current world is active and flourishing and we shouldn't change it too dramatically. It's not ideal to have more than one world. If more of our members and players show interest in a multi-world server it'll be considered for the next time we reset the server and proper testing* can be done.

*I'd have to take the server into whitelist mode to ensure the new permissions files worked and thorough testing could take a day or three depending on schedules of the testers.
I'm very much inclined to agree. At the moment we have about 30 active users, probably 3-10 of whom are online on any given weekend or evening. We have a flourishing set of nations and towns and a complex political structure. While this fills one world well with structures and movement, I think that trying to spread over more worlds would be too much dilution at this point. People hardly visit the Museum World; I think adding any additional worlds would just make those worlds be ignored or even worse, divide the current playerbase between the worlds.
Just from experience with my server, people dont really tend to visit museum worlds. We have a creative, a survival, and a museum world, and the order of use is survival, creative, and THEN museum. (We also have an RPG world in the works but that's a little skewed due to the amount of work being put into it). Both the survival and creative are quite active, being used about a rate of 60/40. Now that's not to say that what cemetech wants is a hub, but from my experience its a fun thing to have.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours