After finding several topics about how 'bad' the nspires were (are they good now since TI has opened up?), I decided to make a 'Star Wars' spoof titled TI Wars. I have hashed together an early version of the opening crawl. Updates to follow as I work on this.

Episode TI

A NEW HOPE

It is a period of civil war. Cemetech Calculators, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Nspire Empire.

During the battle, Cemetech spies managed to steal secret plans to the Nspire's ultimate weapon, the TI-84+ C SILVER EDITION, an armored space calculator with enough power to destroy an entire Calculator Forum.

Pursued by the Nspire's sinister agents, Princess Leia races home to Cemetech aboard her Calculator, custodian of the stolen plans that can save her people and restore freedom to the galaxy....

Note to moderators and admins: feel free to move this topic if it doesn't seem to belong in this section of the forum.
Continuing with the TI Wars project, I started working on the opening crawl but came up with a problem: I need a person from Cemetech (preferably) to take the place of Princess Leia. Any of our female members will do.
here is the early opening crawl: http://starwars.com/play/online-activities/crawl-creator/index.jsp?cs=kzuk2au98w
Ashbad wrote:
Bad Idea
One-word and one-emoticon posts are not welcome on Cemetech. We value quality posts over quantity posts, and if you don't have anything constructive (positive or negative) to say, don't say anything. For example, I can't tell if you're disapproving of the project or disagreeing that the TI-Nspire is a poor device for programming.
anyway, since the contest's hardest part is now over, I have been able to get more work done on filming. I terms of filming, I have only the very first scene filmed with blue screen. I think that I will use a TI-86's model for Ben Kenobi and my TI-89 Titanium for the Imperial Star Destroyers, and my TI-84 Plus SE for the Rebel Spaceships.
All development has been moved to my website under my blog.
https://sites.google.com/site/ordelore8x/
Teaser trailer coming out today. Ill add the youtube link later.
Omnimaga sucks
Did you blurt that out in this particular topic just because Kerm wrote
Quote:
We value quality posts over quantity posts, and if you don't have anything constructive (positive or negative) to say, don't say anything
?
I know you can do better, nikky Wink
ordelore wrote:
Teaser trailer coming out today. Ill add the youtube link later.
Interesting, I'll be sure to check it out to get a better idea of what this project entails.
Trailer here on Cemetech first!
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7Xh_cpT9xSTY2NOX0xSaVhFaWs/edit?usp=sharing
All images are taken straight from google images.
I checked it out. I thought it was very good. Is this trailer going to be involved with some type of other project or were you just looking to explore you creativity skills by making a trailer? Just interested in knowing if this project is finished or if it is leading to the development of some type of game to go with it? If not that's okay you did a really great job with the trailer!!
This indeed IS a trailer for an actual movie, and will also have a Special Edition to spoof the newer Star Wars.

No more sound because of an accidental copyright infringement even though I used midis that were based on the original Star Wars tracks.
*bump*
Well, I would like to see if anyone has any pictures of these calculators. they would need to have the top, bottom, and all four sides.
TI-92
TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition
TI-73 Explorer
TI-84 Plus
Casio Prizm
TI-82
Ultimate Calculator 2
TI-86
TI-85
Please delete this post, please. It was a mistaken double post.
Haha this is pretty cool Smile.

This would make a cool calculator game. On a side note its a shame that there arent any decent starwars themed games out there.
tr1p1ea wrote:
Haha this is pretty cool Smile.

This would make a cool calculator game. On a side note its a shame that there arent any decent starwars themed games out there.

Weren't you the one working on a deathstar trench run with Solid Frame? Razz Also....shameless plug of my Phoenix reskin.
*bored bump*
I am offically done with Blender's UI. This means that I need a new 3D modeling software. I might use Google Sketchup, but I don't know how to get its animation working. Also, all software must be FREE.
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/291/29120.html Mildly interesting. Obviously it's not a competing/similar thing though.
Hmmm.... Maybe we can make a project to make a game with this storyline for PRIZM, fx9860, HP Prime, and the various TI-calcs?

I could help with the casio versions.

We could have HP, TI, and Casio as 3 factions.
Quote:
We could have HP, TI, and Casio as 3 factions.

Wouldn't this add to the unwelcome fanboyism displayed by some portions of the Casio, HP and TI communities ?
On MoHPC, several weeks ago, a couple pricks diminished TI users, labeling us "kids". Needless to say, they displayed their complete arrogance and incompetence, as the fact is that so far, people known from the TI community are far ahead of people from the HP community wrt. lower-level tinkering. We showed several facts, and never heard about it again.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours