I don't see anything wrong with the fanboyism, when moderate. All three calculator companies have both pros and cons, and good-natured teasing about it is fine, IMHO. When it gets out of hand I don't condone it, but I think there are only a few community members that are actually that extreme.
Lionel Debroux wrote:
Wouldn't this add to the unwelcome fanboyism displayed by some portions of the Casio, HP and TI communities ?
On MoHPC, several weeks ago, a couple pricks diminished TI users, labeling us "kids". Needless to say, they displayed their complete arrogance and incompetence, as the fact is that so far, people known from the TI community are far ahead of people from the HP community wrt. lower-level tinkering. We showed several facts, and never heard about it again.

I don't see why you didn't just ignore them
Lionel Debroux wrote:
Wouldn't this add to the unwelcome fanboyism displayed by some portions of the Casio, HP and TI communities ?
On MoHPC, several weeks ago, a couple pricks diminished TI users, labeling us "kids". Needless to say, they displayed their complete arrogance and incompetence, as the fact is that so far, people known from the TI community are far ahead of people from the HP community wrt. lower-level tinkering. We showed several facts, and never heard about it again.

I guess that stopping the weird comments was a good move for them, since they got a larger variety of programmers lately. I think the comments towards TI users and games were due to how three TI forums started budging on their thunder after the HP Prime got announced, but they know very well that if they single out certain group of HP Prime fans that there are three other options available (Cemetech, for example).

That said, isn't this topic intended to be about a story with calculator community references? If so, then I don't see anything wrong in including calculator fanboyism in it. You could even exagerate things or simply make a parody of the three calculator communities.
DJ_O wrote:
That said, isn't this topic intended to be about a story with calculator community references? If so, then I don't see anything wrong in including calculator fanboyism in it. You could even exagerate things or simply make a parody of the three calculator communities.
This seems like a good idea. I currently have been unable to work on the project without a good CGI animation program, so I am still all ears.
Update!
A basic framework for the movie.
1) Opening crawl and blockade runner.
2) Luke finds droids on the planet and finds Ben.
3) Blastoff from Mos Eisley.
4) Destruction of Alderann.
5) Death Star shenanigans.
6) Assault on Death Star.
Yeah, these are actual movie names, but that's so it is easier for me to work with.
Woah an update from a galaxy pretty far away!
The opening crawl is in the process of being rendered in Blender!
ordelore wrote:
Woah an update from a galaxy pretty far away!
The opening crawl is in the process of being rendered in Blender!
I'm glad to hear you're still having fun with this project. Have fun.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Xh_cpT9xSTVi1rZ1dVNTlxRUE/edit?usp=sharing
Smile
It's that time!
I need top, bottom, and side views of these calculators. Also, I need an idea for the Millennium Falcon. These names are a mix of both actual Star Wars and the Calc Wars movie.

Current Roles:
People

Ben Kenobi: TI-86
Chewbacca/Masio Prizc: Casio Prizm
Luke Skywalker: TI 84 Plus Silver Edition
Darth Vader: Ultimate Calculator 1
Stormtroopers: TI 15
Luke Programmer: TI-84+ Silver
Han Goto: TI-73 Explorer
Princess Label Organa: TI-84+
Grand Moff Tarkin: TI-Nspire CAS
C-3PO: BAII PLUS Professional
R2-D2: BAII PLUS
Rebel Star Fighters: TI 15 Explorer (Some Blue, Some Red)
Imperial Fighters: TI 108

Spaceships

Rebel Spaceships: TI-36X Pro
Imperial Star Destroyers: TI 92+
Death Star: TI-84+ CSE
Millenium Falcon: ?
X-Wing: TI-30XS
Y-Wing: TI-30 X iis
TIE Fighter: TI-1795 SV
Hint on movie structuring: Han shoots first.
New idea from my idealess head:
Put the calculator models into Kerbal Space Program and use that as a sort of rendering engine.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Omnimaga sucks

I 99% disagree with that Razz

For the Falcon, have a shot of a pile of upside down calculators! (TI84+CE's Preferrably)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours