Im a bit of a noob in these matters, I forgot the password to my casio prizm calculator. There is no way to reset the calculator without resetting the password.
Though I can use the calc just fine, I want to reset the password, can this be done?

Thanks
If you mean the password that is set in the user name setting screen, there is an add-in named Password that allows you to retrieve it. Unfortunately, I don't remember where it can be downloaded.
Thanks for the quick reply.
Yes the password set in the user name setting screen.
Well if you do remember, let me know?
A friend knew my password, so he changed my username to something derogatory. I need to fix that Razz

Thanks
After searching a little bit, I found this. It seems to be the add-in I'm thinking of.
http://ourl.ca/10062
Worked like a charm, thank you so so much JosJuice
You rock.
Great, glad to hear that this worked out! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further Casio Prizm questions.
i have read what you guys have already posted and im really glad you got yours fixed
im in the same situation as you were, but i can't view the images the on the link
I need help in this matter as well, the photos have since been deleted on the link you posted.

Please advise.
What photos? I linked to the download of the add-in that can be used to retrieve the password. There are no relevant images there as far as I know.
@JosJuice,

Could you tell step by step what did you do,
When I connect my FX-CG20 to the computer, all I get is 1 single folder.
I copy pasted the G3 file from the zip in there, what next? I'm stuck there!

Thanks in Advanced!
You must paste the g3a file in the calculator *out of any folder*
Then disconnect the calculator and open the new Main Menu icon. The password will be at the bottom.
I see that option, but when I select it on the calculator, nothing shows up and it tells me to press menu, then it just goes back to the menu.
adigeed wrote:
I see that option, but when I select it on the calculator, nothing shows up and it tells me to press menu, then it just goes back to the menu.

That wasn't expected! Can you take some pictures of the message you see?

and

Well, that's because there are no Casio BASIC programs, but it's no problem as you can still see the password on the bottom. It appears to be "ON".

By the way, you can delete the g3a you put in there once you don't need it anymore.
Thanks a lot!
I was quite troubled because someone managed to change my username to something pretty derogatory!
I have the same problem, I have forgot the password to my prizm calculator.
The link that JosJuice posted a while ago has been deleted. So I wonder if there is any person that have the add-in?
FiWeZ wrote:
I have the same problem, I have forgot the password to my prizm calculator.
The link that JosJuice posted a while ago has been deleted. So I wonder if there is any person that have the add-in?
I have repaired the link; you should be able to fetch that program now. I am also considering uploading it to the Cemetech Archives for safekeeping.
There is a better way now if you have OS 1.04 or 2.00 installed:

- Turn the calculator off
- Press [F2]+[Cursor_Up]+[AC/ON]
- When the pop-up appears, press [9]

This will delete any user name setting instantly.
That's excellent to know, TeamFX! Do you know of any other secret key combinations like that in the Prizm OS?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours