Face it, there are 500 different pokemon games out there, 70 percent text based, 5 percent ASCII based, and 25 percent incomplete. Good for whoever made the basic programs, but what people really want is an assembly game. I dont know anything about assembly, but i have already designed some tiles, and optimized the text box for an 83+. If cemetech completed this project, cemetech would instantly inflate with usage. Pokemon is just something everyone has wanted, now why doesn't someone make it?
you want an ASM version of pokemon? program it
BrandonB wrote:
I dont know anything about assembly, but I have already designed some tiles, and optimized the text box for an 83+.

Do you even read posts? You might want to if you want to sound like you have the slightest bit of sense Laughing
Someone at MaxCoderz is making Pokemon as an app.
BrandonB wrote:
Do you even read posts? You might want to if you want to sound like you have the slightest bit of sense Laughing

Yes, I read your post twice, and fully grasped that you didn't know ASM, but that doesn't mean you can't learn it and program it yourself rather than just whining for it.
Please Kllrnohj. Don't drive everyone off. I have far too many projects atm, but if another one of you ASM programmers have some free time, go for it.
Kllrnohj wrote:
BrandonB wrote:

Yes, I read your post twice, and fully grasped that you didn't know ASM, but that doesn't mean you can't learn it and program it yourself rather than just whining for it.

Then why did you make such a rude comment? I have been trying, but to no avail, to learn asm. So the question arrises? Are you:
Slow,
Simple,
or just plain Stupid? Dont worry Kerm, People don't drive me away that easily.
BrandonB: Then let me suggest some ways to learn ASM.
1. Download the Doors CS SDK - it sets everything up, so you don't need to bother messing around with TASM. Just follow the instructions. You can get it here:
http://www.cemetech.net/programs/archives.php?mode=file&path=/beta/sdk.zip
2. For a tutorial, the best one is ASM in 28 Days. You can download it at ticalc.org:
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/268/26877.html
Thx Kerm. I was using one from a guy by the last name of Chai(forgot first name) and it is pretty good. I am going to try to make something simple for ASM soon and i'll try to make it doorscs.
Cool. Try nostub first; if you can get that working, then go for DCS.
BrandonB wrote:
Then why did you make such a rude comment? I have been trying, but to no avail, to learn asm. So the question arrises? Are you:
Slow,
Simple,
or just plain Stupid? Dont worry Kerm, People don't drive me away that easily.

Because you asked for it in such a rude way. I am neither slow, simple, nor stupid.
BrandonB wrote:
Face it, there are 500 different pokemon games out there, 70 percent text based, 5 percent ASCII based, and 25 percent incomplete. Good for whoever made the basic programs, but what people really want is an assembly game. I dont know anything about assembly, but I have already designed some tiles, and optimized the text box for an 83+. If cemetech completed this project, cemetech would instantly inflate with usage. Pokemon is just something everyone has wanted, now why doesn't someone make it?

That didn't sound particularly rude to me...which part of it did you find rude?
KermMartian wrote:
That didn't sound particularly rude to me...which part of it did you find rude?

hmm...basically the last couple of sentences. It has the "I want something but don't want to do it myself so someone do it for me" tone

I still say if he wants it he should do it himself, and ask for help as he needs it, rather than just complaign that it doesn't exist yet and someone should do it.
I don't mind if people publish ideas for projects that they're not going to do themselves. I only mind if they get annoyed if other people don't immediately drop everything to start it, and his tone didn't seem to imply that.
BrandonB wrote:
Face it, there are 500 different pokemon games out there, 70 percent text based, 5 percent ASCII based, and 25 percent incomplete. Good for whoever made the basic programs, but what people really want is an assembly game. I dont know anything about assembly, but I have already designed some tiles, and optimized the text box for an 83+. If cemetech completed this project, cemetech would instantly inflate with usage. Pokemon is just something everyone has wanted, now why doesn't someone make it?

Programming this in asm would be quite a chore. I know it is trying to make the game in as much pure BASIC as I can, as I am making a port of RED and BLUE...
Yeah, this is bad enough in BASIC, imagine it in ASM. Razz
lol, well, the hardest part is getting all the data (maps, trainers, NPC's, GYM's, Pokemon Stats, etc) to where it will be easily entered. The maps are for the most part set up just to be entered as I rip them, the rest of it... Well, they are not so ready... Razz
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, this is bad enough in BASIC, imagine it in ASM. Razz

yeah, thats why i'm trying to make ASM routines in C for the SDCC compiler Wink
Ohhh, that's what you needed those routines for! Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
Ohhh, that's what you needed those routines for! Very Happy

yeah, well, the ans one is so that i can make the circle routine call-able from BASIC (its a near-instant circle, a bazillion times faster than the TI-OS routine or the so called "fast-circ" ones that just enable the "fast circ" flag)

I've got...

Code:
void PixelOn(unsigned char X, unsigned char Y);
void PixelOff(unsigned char X, unsigned char Y);
void PixelChange(unsigned char X, unsigned char Y);
unsigned char abs(char num);
void circle(unsigned char CenterX, unsigned char CenterY, unsigned char R);
void line(unsigned char X1, unsigned char Y1, unsigned char X1, unsigned char Y1);

...so far in terms of graphics (the abs func is used by the circle routine) in addition to the ones that came with tisdcc (not many)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours