Thanks Kerm. Also is it possible to have one menu option lead to another Menu I cant seem to get my menus to work. I rest my Ram and Still nothing Im not sure whats going on ill post code tomorrow if it is possile to have one menu option lead to another menu.
Yes, menu items can lead to other menus.
For example,

Code:
:Lbl P
:Menu("YOUR TITLE","NEXT MENU",N
:Lbl N
:Menu("NEXT MENU","GO BACK",P,"EXIT",X
:Lbl X

Each submenu should be a separate Lbl...Menu( block.
Never mind fixed and Thanks for help CVSoft I figured it out it was because I had a space in a weird place. Ok new question I can have 9 menu options in a menu but when I set up my Menu my last two options show up as ? marks and I getting errors from clicking on them. If any one knows why that happens, how come that happens? its same on the other menu I tested
I'd have to say that's a bug in the OS, as the CSE OS is modified heavily from the monochrome OSes, and those only had support for 7 elements in a menu. Honestly, you're much better off creating your own menus to use then relying on the Menu( command. Smile
Ok thanks for the help. How should I go about creating my own Menus?
tifreak8x wrote:
I'd have to say that's a bug in the OS, as the CSE OS is modified heavily from the monochrome OSes, and those only had support for 7 elements in a menu. Honestly, you're much better off creating your own menus to use then relying on the Menu( command. Smile
I reported that bug to TI among the several bugs I and we as a group collected, but unfortunately they haven't had the chance to work on an OS update yet, to my knowledge.
Ok ill just work around that for know and figure something out when the new updates out. When it comes out should I get it or just get Doors when its updated or does it need that 4.1 OS firmware to function properly? Also is there a way to have a game unarchive when you run it from a menu then re-archive when you finish because it wont let me run an archived program from a Menu? or at least manually archive it again.
You could use DoorsCSE's libraries to unarchive and archive programs.

also, it would require an OS update, DoorsCSE has nothing to do with those kind of issues that we've found. I'm sure Kerm would be tickled pink if he could implement those fixes into DCSE to be spread around, would make more people want it. :p
Haha ok, I got that so theirs no way of the program to do it itself it has to be manually? Also how do I go about creating my own Menus you mentioned something about it.

Code:
Lbl 1
ClrHome
Disp "COOKIES:"
For(N,0,X,1)
Output(5,13,N)
Repeat D
getKey->D
If D=22
Goto 3
End
Output(6,1,"Text
Pause
DelVar DDelVar XDelVar NDelVar C
Stop
Lbl 3
Stop

Heres whats going on Im trying to be able to have the getKey stop the program early but I know whats going on just cant correct it. Here's origional code before trying to add get key.

Code:
Lbl 1
ClrHome
For(N,0,X,1)
Output(5,13,N)
Pause
End
Output(6,1,"Text
Pause
Stop

The program just adds 1 every time the user hits enter but since theirs a Pause and that let's it add up but, I cant figure out a way to put the getKey in and have it work. It also lets the user pick X or its set to 99999999 as default. Any help is appreciated thanks. I also thought of using getKey for enter and some how getting it to add one till it reaches X (N=X).
You could add:

Code:

getkey->K
if K=21 (that's the 2nd button)
X->N

That jus will set n to x thus terminating the loop.
And if you want N then set it to another variable before setting it to X. Hopes that helps a little.

So the final code might look similar to this:

Code:

ClrHome
For(N,0,X
Output(5,13,N
Repeat D
getKey->D
If D=22
X->N
End
End
Output(6,1,"Text
Pause 

But I'm not entirely sure what your goàl is, so go ahead and tweak it to your function.

Oh and hint.. It's generally good to not use goto functions inside of loops.. This leads to memory loss (allocated memory for the loop doesn't get freed), and won't be able for use until a memorÿ reset. Jus a tip
@zeldaking: Okay got it thanks for the help, added the code but it ends right after the user hits enter and its just supposed to add 1 to the number displayed when the user hits enter. The key works thanks for that and I also had tried putting the DelVars and the stop and such after the mode key before I tried using the Goto. Just thought that Goto would make it look a little neater thanks for the tip and help.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours