Works for me... Smile
Care to give me some ideas about content, management, organization, etc?
I shall get back to you on that. First we have to get more content up.
Fair enough. Tell me any pages that you need me to create, or I'll try to come up with something on my own.
Are we going to have more topics on 1337 programming tips? I think one tip that should be shared is the rand(x delay. It's better than a for loop delay and not as many people know about it.
That sounds like a plan. Dan, want to do that? Or shall I, since I suggested it?
Oh well, I guess nobody's going to see this, but. . .

If you want a good movement routine using the arrows:

getKey->K
X-(K=24)+(K=26)->X
Y-(K=25)+(K=34)->Y
c.sprinkle wrote:
Oh well, I guess nobody's going to see this, but. . .

If you want a good movement routine using the arrows:

getKey->K
X-(K=24)+(K=26)->X
Y-(K=25)+(K=34)->Y
Take off the ending parentheses and you'll have smaller code. Also, using Y for a variable on the graphscreen is highly discouraged because of the TI-OS's propensity to reset Y to zero. Have you checked out the 1337 Guide?

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/authors/60/6077.html
I have, and I don't use the X and Y, but they were the easiest to use in an example. I just forgot about the parentheses. I also put up some code on the Wolf Pack page. You made the DCS Libs, so maybe you can help. Thanks.
I saw this optimized code somewhere, I don't remember exactly where:

Code:
X+sum(ΔList(K={24,26->X
Y+sum(ΔList(K={25,34->Y
calc84maniac wrote:
I saw this optimized code somewhere, I don't remember exactly where:

Code:
X+sum(ΔList(K={24,26->X
Y+sum(ΔList(K={25,34->Y
That's genius! Very nice. Smile That saves two bytes per line (16 vs 14); I'd be interested to test the speed and see if it's worth it.
Actually, I think this one is 15 bytes per line because there is a two-byte token involved. But I think you get even more savings if you need to multiply the offset value by something
calc84maniac wrote:
Actually, I think this one is 15 bytes per line because there is a two-byte token involved. But I think you get even more savings if you need to multiply the offset value by something
Hmm, I'd believe that. Still nice to see people thinking outside the box on the standard optimizations, though. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours