OMG! i got the ans as list to work right!

Anyway, here's the program (source is included)

http://kllrnohj.com/calc/node/24

Please help me test it....(i strongly recommend you do this on an emulator first)

crap, for some reason i'm getting wierd errors. Some of the circles work perfectly, some give all sorts of wierd errors and crash the calc. I'm really tired right now, i'll look thru the source later for problems, but I'd like help debugging please.... it appears to be a radius thing, i'll look into it later....
w00t! I believe I have fixed the bug that was plagueing it.

Please help me test it to make sure its all working! (post if it works or doesn't work and what values you tested please!)
Hmm, Kerm made something like this quite a while ago...
I did, but his is much more original. Kudos to Kllrnohj for this. Are you going to release it on ticalc.org?
KermMartian wrote:
I did, but his is much more original. Kudos to Kllrnohj for this. Are you going to release it on ticalc.org?

once its more tested....last time i "released" it i found a bug that caused the calc to crash, lol (which shouldn't happen now, as i've added redundant error checking to prevent any crash)

@tifreak: this isn't the age-old IY flag enable that draws the circle in 4 parts. This truly is a dang-near instant circle (using a bresenham's circle algorithm). Try it and you'll rapidly see why its different Wink
I tried this and it changed my life! You can get yours if you call now at the low, low price of absolutely free. If you call now, we'll even throw in a Cemetech forum membership absolutely free!
K, I shall look once I get home. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
I tried this and it changed my life! You can get yours if you call now at the low, low price of absolutely free. If you call now, we'll even throw in a Cemetech forum membership absolutely free!

Source included. Wink (both the C and the outputted assembly if you are one of THOSE people Razz )
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Source included. Wink (both the C and the outputted assembly if you are one of THOSE people Razz )

What, one of those people who like to steal...err...borrow source code for their own purposes?
KermMartian wrote:
What, one of those people who like to steal...err...borrow source code for their own purposes?

No, the "if you are one of THOSE people" was aimed at the included ASM source Wink (I was dissing Z80 ASM, jeez...)
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

No, the "if you are own of THOSE people" was aimed at the included ASM source Wink (I was dissing Z80 ASM, jeez...)

Confused I'm "one of those people" then...nothing wrong with some good ol' low-level ASM...
Kllrnohj wrote:
No, the "if you are own of THOSE people" was aimed at the included ASM source Wink (I was dissing Z80 ASM, jeez...)
I find that misspelled insults are very funny. Your program looks awesome, I will have to try it out later when I boot back into Windows.
I own those people. Razz This is still going to be a routine for SDCC though, correct, Kllrnohj?
KermMartian wrote:
I own those people. Razz This is still going to be a routine for SDCC though, correct, Kllrnohj?

it already is a routine for SDCC. The "main" fucntion is all function calls. There is the GetAns function (takes a pointer to a VatEntry struct), the convToChar function (setup to take a VatEntry pointer and an index since this is the list's version), the circle() function, and the dispBuffer() function.

Its all functioned out, and can easily be used in another program
I meant are you ALSO going to release it as part of the SDCC routines? It sounds like you are.
version 1.2 - greatly reduced size (now 900bytes - not small by any means, but I shaved off over 500 bytes)

Has anyone found any bugs? If not, I'm going to upload it to ticalc.org....
None yet. See if you can get the filesize down more.
KermMartian wrote:
None yet. See if you can get the filesize down more.

aw...do i HAVE to?? Razz

the only way i can think of to cut out another large chunk of space would be to write the whole thing in pure ASM - which kinda defeats the point of using SDCC in the first place

And it actually wouldn't be that hard to redo in ASM now, as i think i actually understand whats going on now....but i prolly won't anyways (unless people actually like this, then i'll seperate out the SDCC libraries and redo instcirc in pure asm and call it version 2.0)
You should do that. Or just take a look at the ASM source and cut out all the extraneous pushes and pops.
KermMartian wrote:
You should do that. Or just take a look at the ASM source and cut out all the extraneous pushes and pops.

meh, like i said, if people actually LIKE it i will...

anywho's, wtf is wrong with ticalc? i log in, and its like, 'hey! account verification by e-mail needed', and i was like gah, this is annoying, but whatever. so i do it, get the e-mail (and a new password - is ticalc stupid or something? what the hell is wrong with them). anway, i log in using the new password, and it asks for account e-mail verification again! SOOO, not knowing what else to do, i did it again, and wouldn't ya know it, it doesn't work this time either....

stupid site

EDIT: Uploaded - awaiting approval

Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours