Check out the wordcount next to each person's name on topics
<----

Also look at your profile, and at the bottom of the forum index. woot! I <3 having 116,000+ words posted.
Wow my ratio of words to posts is rediculously high. I have about half as many words posted as Kerm with less than a tenth of the posts. Perhaps I should shorten my posts Confused
I have 21155 words and an average of 20.8 words/posts

I dont see anything new at the bottom of the page though
Wow we write a lot of words. In retrospect, I can't believe those of us in my school get stressed out whenever we have to write a five paragraph essay.
Kerm, you have 10 times the number of posts i do, yet only two times the number of words....spammer :p
Now we need a writing/grammar subforum, for complaining about spelling errors, grammatical errors, wordcount bragging, and the like. Smile
Kuro wrote:
Now we need a writing/grammar subforum, for complaining about spelling errors, grammatical errors, wordcount bragging, and the like. Smile

There already is one. Its called the Cemetech Forums Laughing
Kllrnohj wrote:
Kuro wrote:

There already is one. Its called the Cemetech Forums Laughing

You realize that quotes get included in the wordcount, right? I barely ever quote, but you quote in nearly every post. Hence your wordcount. Very Happy
So who has the highest word to post ratio? Mine's 80.66. Can anyone beat that?
this is kind of cool, but I bet it took a while to get the number set. Also, Kerm posts are adjusted to include the number of posts at the old IF, but the words are not here. Also, during the hack, a lot of words were lost.
Oh snap, Rivereye's right. I adjusted my postcount up 3,500 to account for the old board, same for TI-Freak8x. And I lost ~2,000 posts when the board went down last July 1st.
I'm just the kind of guy who thinks of these kinds of things. Also, I think I think I am near the bottom of words per post
Actually, you're higher than me, since I've lost so many posts along the way. Maybe I can artificially inflate my wordcount by finding the average?
Don't even think about it! Laughing

EDIT: Wow, I think I'm probably the lowest with 13.47 words/post. Surprised
Dan and I's profiles now reflect the extra posts from the old IF board. If anyone else wants me to do that for their account, let me know. I still can't get back the missing stuff from the loss though, so everyone's postcount is lowish. Sad
I thought it maintained the postcount?
Post count is maintained even though the posts were lost, but it's not able to count words in the lost posts. Therefore, those contribute to the denominator of the fraction but not the numerator, and therefore your wordcount per post average plummets. Bah.
Chipmaster wrote:
So who has the highest word to post ratio? Mine's 80.66. Can anyone beat that?

I've only got around 61 words per post. I also quote a lot...
KermMartian wrote:
Dan and I's profiles now reflect the extra posts from the old IF board. If anyone else wants me to do that for their account, let me know. I still can't get back the missing stuff from the loss though, so everyone's postcount is lowish. Sad

I remember doing that to my entire board. of course, my board only has 68 members.....and it only had 30 when I merged the databases.
rivereye wrote:
Also, I think I think I am near the bottom of words per post

I wouldn't even begin to doubt that; you inflate your word count by continually refusing to use contractions. "I am" is two words, while "I'm" is only one!

Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours