Alsome mod, now we can really see who really posts the most.
jon wrote:

Smile Thanks, that's the idea. I look forward to seeing what the ostcount-to-wordcount ratios turn out to be.
KermMartian wrote:
jon wrote:

Smile Thanks, that's the idea. I look forward to seeing what the ostcount-to-wordcount ratios turn out to be.

Do you mean how it changes over time? Because if you are looking forward to seeing what the post to wordcount ratio is, just get your calculator out and do it right now. Or better yet, if you can make it so it shows our word and post counts, you can make it show us the average right?
Click on the profile button in anyone's post. It already has the average there. I meant it would be interesting to see if the average really does relate to post quality, as my hypothesis goes.
KermMartian wrote:
You realize that quotes get included in the wordcount, right? I barely ever quote, but you quote in nearly every post. Hence your wordcount. Very Happy

True, but I only quote the relevant part so that people know what I am talking about. I don't quote multi-level's deep like many other people do, and I tend to cut out irrelevant parts of the quote to cut down on space.

I know you have the average wordcount in the profile, but could you also add it under the word count under each person's name so that you can just glance over at their wordcount rather than going to their profile?
KermMartian wrote:
Click on the profile button in anyone's post. It already has the average there. I meant it would be interesting to see if the average really does relate to post quality, as my hypothesis goes.
So I have the best posts! W00t Very Happy

Kllrnohj wrote:
I know you have the average wordcount in the profile, but could you also add it under the word count under each person's name so that you can just glance over at their wordcount rather than going to their profile?
I agree. It would be much better to have it at a glance Good Idea
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
You realize that quotes get included in the wordcount, right? I barely ever quote, but you quote in nearly every post. Hence your wordcount. Very Happy

True, but I only quote the relevant part so that people know what I am talking about. I don't quote multi-level's deep like many other people do, and I tend to cut out irrelevant parts of the quote to cut down on space.

I tend to do the same. I definitely try to avoid multiquote cascades, anyway.

Kllrnohj wrote:

Yeah, that sounds like an excellent idea. I'll get right on it, after I work on SourceCoder for a while.
KermMartian wrote:
I tend to do the same. I definitely try to avoid multiquote cascades, anyway.

And yet, ironically enough, you did a 2 layer deep quote there anyway Laughing

Two more idea's:

Average Posts Per Day

Average Word Length
Average posts per day is easy. The second one will be much harder though - I'd have to remove code, quotes, and URLs. I'll consider it.
KermMartian wrote:
Average posts per day is easy. The second one will be much harder though - I'd have to remove code, quotes, and URLs. I'll consider it.

not really. just count the number of characters in a post and divide it by the number of words in that post. Then you don't have to re-write anything (sure it'll only be a rough estimate, but who really cares?)
Hmmm, that's an interesting idea. I bet that it wouldn't be that hard...
Kllrnohj wrote:
Average Posts Per Day

This comes with phpBB...it's already there.
Average posts per day for the whole board exists, not per user.

Edit: check that, I'm completely wrong. Look at the [profile] page more closely.
Yeah I have noticed that before. Also, you could include the percentage of overall posts as well (which is also in the profile page).
awesome mod! (that oughta shorten my average a little bit)
Except for that extra phrase you added at the end. Laughing
I need to add a posts/day for the whole forum graph now.
lol... (is this better? will this lower my average? i sure hope it will, god knows i wanna get my average down to 1 word per post)
alex10819 wrote:
awesome mod! (that oughta shorten my average a little bit)
You actually increased it very slightly with the appendage (your average is 9.93 words per post).
That would take an awefully large number of one-word posts to do though. I say it would be an exercise in futility. Smile
I think he increased it .03 in the last two posts because I noticed he was at 9.90 before them, and he is now at 9.93 Smile I don't think it is possible for me to keep up my average so I guess it will slowly sink into nothing. Gradually falling from reach. It was a transient moment, me and that average. Never the twain shall meet again. That should help keep it up there. Laughing

Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours