This movie is the best animated movie I've seen since Toy Story 3. It's unbelievably self-awarely hilarious, in an even-funnier-for-grown-ups-but-kids-will-laugh-too kind of way; yet also manages to have some serious emotional impact. I don't want to go in to too many details, because it will ruin the awesome cameos and major plot developments. But....go see it. There's no excuse not to.

Literally my only complaint: "Lord Business"?!? REALLLY Lego?
You know, the other day I was watching the news as my mom turned the channels and I heard, on "Hardball with Chris Matthews", that Hollywood purposely made the bad guy look an awful lot like Mitt Romney. Smile Can you believe that? Apparently the same thing happened with this Satanic figure from "Son of God"- they removed it because it looked like Obama.

I have heard some really good stuff about this movie and can't wait to see it. But I have to say, these politicians are paranoid. Smile
It is awesome, believe me. Because...
everthing is awesome! Smile
Angelstorm9x3 wrote:
You know, the other day I was watching the news as my mom turned the channels and I heard, on "Hardball with Chris Matthews", that Hollywood purposely made the bad guy look an awful lot like Mitt Romney. Smile Can you believe that?

News tends to be extremely biased when it comes to political messages. Chris is a Democrat and was probably making the connection as a political jab.

As for can I believe it? I can believe he's using this as a political weapon but I don't believe Dr. Business was intentionally made to look like Mitt.
But of course, people see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear... and if that includes making a block look like Romney, well, nothing we can really do to stop that.
Besides this topic, these are the only things I have heard about this movie (I have not seen it)
My teachers: It's AWESOME
My peers: It's HORRIBLE
My cousin: It has no plot whatsoever
For the record, it's still at a 96% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_lego_movie/

The plot was perfectly coherent.
Holy cow, 96%? Are lego movies normally this good?
numero_one wrote:
Holy cow, 96%? Are lego movies normally this good?

No. There have been many Lego Films this is thee Lego Movie. While all Lego Movies are kid oriented, this is the first real movie. Perhaps elfprince or another member can describe the differences better than I.
This movie definitely set a new high in terms of quality. A lot of Lego's previous movies have been pretty decent, but are also released direct to DVD instead of in theaters. The first 2 Bionicle films are pretty enjoyable.
Shockingly good movie. I fell in love with it the first time I saw it, and I definitely wasn't expecting to. The ending of the film was very odd to me at first but ultimately it surprised me at how much heart it contained

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours