This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Xeda112358

Posted: 06 Feb 2012 11:11:12 am    Post subject:

For all you BASIC programmers looking for a really neat effect to play with, here is something for you. This small assembly program (208 bytes) will let you set your screen or pictures on fire! As an example, you can check out my avatar (the screenies below). The program can be downloaded here.

My avatar (there are some particle effects included, too):

Have fun!
rankinc

Posted: 06 Feb 2012 05:16:54 pm    Post subject:

Logical question ... How did you do this and what magic do I need to unlock in order to do this in different forms?
Xeda112358

Posted: 06 Feb 2012 07:26:30 pm    Post subject:

It is actually pretty simple: You shift each pixel up and give it a 1/x chance of dying (that program uses 1/8 ). If you are using a color screen, you can have it go in several levels (cycling through color). You can assign red=4, darkorange=3, orange=2, yellow=1, black=0. If the pixel is not black, give it a 1/4 chance of decrementing to the next color. Magical, yes? I think I showed you my particle engine before, too, right?

EDIT: Also, after each frame, I OR the picture back onto the screen so that it keeps burning. If you are doing white fire, you will want to do the opposite of OR which in Z80 assembly is cpl \ and (hl) (invert the bytes from the picture and then use AND logic on the screen data).

Last edited by Guest on 06 Feb 2012 07:29:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement