This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Xeda112358

Posted: 06 Feb 2012 08:32:19 pm    Post subject:

I made this program earlier today. It uses some of the new Grammer commands to work as a music player Smile The readme details the file structure, too. I am not knowledgeable about music, so I am not even sure if I assigned the notes properly, but you can choose notes, octaves, and duration, so have fun!
rankinc

Posted: 06 Feb 2012 08:57:19 pm    Post subject:

Haha yes ... Music geek here so if you could tell me some of the inner workings of this I can tell you how true to music theory it is. Also where could one get headphones for the calc. or by chance if this program was used on a calc. emulator would I be able to hear the music?
Xeda112358

Posted: 06 Feb 2012 09:25:18 pm    Post subject:

Well, in short, I apparently am lacking in a few key parts >.> And you can listen to it in WabbitEmu if you want (there is a thing that lets you turn sound on or off). Anyways, Grammer has a command that lets you input a note, octave, and duration. I got the values for the frequency->notes and octave from a chart using a similar routine, so I am pretty sure I got that much right (as well as the duration). However, apparently there is something called Tempo that I need to factor in as well .___. Plus, since this interprets the code at this point (I haven't written the code to compile), it slows things down a bit so 64th notes sound a bit crappy. Anyways, what it does:

read a byte. If it is a letter, check for if it is flat or sharp, then return a value (I got the values from another musicly inclined person). Then it moves to the next byte to see if a new octave is specified or a dot. If those are encountered, I take the current speed (like 1/4th or whatever) and multiply it by 1.5 and then the note is played. Also, if a number is encountered (except when setting a new speed), that will specify the octave. the speed is in 64ths, so if you set it to 3, it will play at three times longer than the fastest it can play.
rankinc

Posted: 06 Feb 2012 09:49:06 pm    Post subject:

Any capability for chords?
Xeda112358

Posted: 06 Feb 2012 10:03:30 pm    Post subject:

No, I don't think so. That might be possible using some number theory plus music theory, though Wink However, I leave that up to people that actually know what they are doing XD
tiuser1010

Posted: 13 Feb 2012 05:58:08 pm    Post subject:

jeez you've been working, HARD. Man what don't you do. Music, Basic Sprites and Fire effects. Respect, you got it from me.
Xeda112358

Posted: 13 Feb 2012 09:03:06 pm    Post subject:

hah, thanks XD I have tons of other projects that I should still post sometime >.> I have a particle effects program! I should post that o.o
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement