This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Xeda112358

Posted: 13 Feb 2012 09:14:18 pm    Post subject:

As a BASIC programmer, how would you like to do something like this:
[attachment=3543:Particle Example 0.gif]
Pretty neat, right? Well as you can see, this little (384 bytes) assembly program will let you play with particle effects. There are 4 commands available so far:

0 -resets the particle buffer
1 -Cycle the particles once
{2,y,x-Adds a particle to the particle buffer (holds up to 383 particles, uses no user RAM)
99 -This will display the graph screen (needed after cycling if you want to see the screen)

You can download the program and as well the readme here :)

(As a note, this is based on the particle engine found in Grammer.)

Last edited by Guest on 13 Feb 2012 09:14:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
jammasterz

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 05 Mar 2012 06:30:12 pm    Post subject:

You are genious!
I cant even think how it can be made, and you made it in asm and on a calc!
Xeda112358

Posted: 06 Mar 2012 09:48:12 am    Post subject:

Very Happy I am actually rewriting this at the moment to see if I can get it to be even faster and maybe add a few particle options. Basically, for those particles, it does this:

It sets up AppBackUpScreen for the particle buffer. It places the first two bytes as the number of particles running, so it starts with zero. When you add a particle, this gets incremented and the next byte in the buffer becomes an X coordinate and the next byte is a Y coordinate. I add a simple check to make sure it doesn't overflow the buffer. To cycle through the particles, It goes through the (X,Y) coordinates and tests the pixel below. If it is free, drop down to that, update the particle buffer. If not, choose at random left or right. If it cannot move left or right, it stays where it is.

With Grammer, I let the user create custom buffers to handle thousands of particles, but that does lag a bit once you get to that many Laughing That is why I want to rewrite this to see if I can get a code that doesn't lag so much at a few thousand particles Very Happy
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement