This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Deep Thought

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 23 Feb 2012 07:18:26 pm    Post subject:

It's been a while since I've gone on here... I look at the Project Ideas board and see that Thunderbolt started nine of the last ten topics XD

Fruit Ninja is a port of the famous iPhone game. It's not finished yet, but it's already mostly playable—I just added points and drop counts today.

With so many rotating sprites, it's definitely my heaviest program in terms of graphics. Unfortunately, I'm not really a graphics guy, so those sprites (all 16x16 monochrome, of watermelon, orange, pineapple, strawberry, and bomb) took me a tremendous amount of time. I still need to make 128 more rotating sprites of each of the fruits sliced in half, so if anyone would like to help, please tell me!

Download

Last edited by Guest on 25 Feb 2012 12:57:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xeda112358

Posted: 24 Feb 2012 08:30:09 am    Post subject:

Oh dear, good luck with this! I am not all that great with spriting, but if I see something I can do and I have time/drive I'll try to help. It looks really cool, especially with the rotating sprites Shock So do you try to destroy the fruit, but not the bombs?
tiuser1010

Posted: 24 Feb 2012 05:15:10 pm    Post subject:

Yeah those rotating sprites! Very cool. So you hard-coded the sprite rather than a rotating sprite routine. That must be a heavy amount of memory!

Keep it up, great job!
Deep Thought

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 24 Feb 2012 08:29:34 pm    Post subject:

tiuser1010 wrote:
Yeah those rotating sprites! Very cool. So you hard-coded the sprite rather than a rotating sprite routine.
A routine for 3D rotating sprites with decent graphics would have been pretty impossible XD
tiuser1010 wrote:
That must be a heavy amount of memory!
That's true. Each fruit has eight rotating sprites, each of which is 16x16, or 32 bytes. So far, that's 1,280 bytes, about a third of the entire program size.
tiuser1010 wrote:
Keep it up, great job!
Thanks!
Xeda112358

Posted: 06 Mar 2012 10:25:14 am    Post subject:

Hmm, so at about 3800 bytes... what do you think the final features and game will look like? And do you think it will have size issues? I know Axe Fusion has recently been introduced, so have you thought about going that route?
Deep Thought

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 06 Mar 2012 03:43:50 pm    Post subject:

ThunderBolt wrote:
Hmm, so at about 3800 bytes... what do you think the final features and game will look like? And do you think it will have size issues? I know Axe Fusion has recently been introduced, so have you thought about going that route?
The main game engine is just about complete, so I don't see the final program being much larger than it is now. I think I might put in two of the three original modes—Classic for sure, and either Zen (easier to add but not as fun to play) or Arcade (harder to implement and probably with much fewer features than the original game).

By the way, I've started working on those sliced sprites, and after watching more videos of the iPhone game (and playing it quite a bit too), I noticed that the sliced fruit sprites don't actually rotate as much as the whole fruits. (That actually makes sense, too, since anything you slice has to stay in the same orientation while you slice it all the way through, which would make a fruit stop rotating). So I've decided that these sprites don't actually need to be animated and rotating, which would make the sprite work a lot easier to finish.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement