This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. NimbusOS => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> NimbusOS

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 06 Jan 2004 07:05:12 pm    Post subject:

Yeah that is still a possible flaw. My batteries are still low because I can't find new ones, and the Nimbus indicator still says full. Scroll about halfway up this forum to see my original post with info about the bug.

EDIT: Go one page back.

Last edited by Guest on 06 Jan 2004 07:06:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 07 Jan 2004 04:24:46 am    Post subject:

The indicator shoudl work perfectly

We used bcall(_chk_batt_low

TI wrote that call and placed it in TIOS's system, so I guess we can shift the blame to TI.

Try exiting NimbusOS
turning off and on your calc in tios

If TIOS says batt low, NimbusOS should figure it out too.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 07 Jan 2004 08:24:38 am    Post subject:

Yes, i was just going to reply that it is TI's fault, not Nimbus's, but then you beat me to the punch :P

actually, i have had the TIOS tell me my batts were low, and i left them in (knowing they werent) and didnt get the message again! Razz
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 07 Jan 2004 02:01:52 pm    Post subject:

My best gess is that a hardware port is checked and a few bits are checked. I cannot think of any other way an assembly program could querry the hardware.

If we knew what the port and bits were, we wouldn't have to wait for TIOS to update it.
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 07 Jan 2004 04:10:27 pm    Post subject:

I'm glad to at least know it's TI's fault if there's a problem. It means I know why the problem happened.
Spyderbyte

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Jan 2004 04:13:51 pm    Post subject:

JesusFreak wrote:
i was just wondering why it won't let me put Nimbus beta on my calc., it always does a critical error and shuts down the prgm.

Um I ran into that too, if you're using TI-Connect, uninstall it then go to the education.ti website and dload version 1.13. That solved the problem for me. :D

Spyderbyte
Alan

Posted: 08 Jan 2004 08:51:37 pm    Post subject:

I like the app, but i have a few suggestions:

-scrolling is too slow
-make the dissolve from apps menu optional
-splash screen has 2nd line of text dissapear too fast
-maybe try adding a * to the side of a program in the list to show it as archived and put the programs icon image in the arcive icon place(i think only mirage progs have images)

i didnt experience the scroll up bug, until i scrolled all the way down and saw the apps calcsys and remote in the prgm list. i hid remote and then could scroll up and see 2 unnamed prgms with the same sizes as calcsys and remote before. i unhid the unnamed prgm with the same size as remote and it went back to no scroll up bug but the scroll down bug showing the 2 apps. i could also unarchive calcsys, unarchiving an app is weird, and it took a long time to garbage collect when i archived it again.

Great job everyone on the beta!
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 08 Jan 2004 09:45:22 pm    Post subject:

Another suggestion:

If all programs are unhidded and you press up from the top program, the APP does nothing. How about making it so you go all the way to the bottom?
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 08 Jan 2004 10:04:58 pm    Post subject:

Scrolling is too slow.

Yeah, it is a bit slow, but it is faster than MirageOS, and there is no sorting delay.

I agree that the disolve effect takes too long. I will see about doing something about that. Perhaps I will get rid of that.

There is an icon that looks like a folder that is either open, or has an A on it. That icon indicates wheater or not the program is archived; therefore, we do not need to put a * next to it.

Nimbus OS does not detect other applications, so I doubt it unarchived calcsys. As for a long garbage collect, I can't say much for that. If you run archived programs, NimbusOS will run them directly from the archive without unarchiving them.

It does this by making a temporary program. If the program changes any bytes, writes back, NimbusOS will unarchive the program to save the changes. However, if changes are not made, NimbusOS does not have to unarchive it.

In other words, NimbusOS almost completly prevents the need to GarbageCollect frequently. It works similar to MirageOS in that respect.

Jedd, I have never hidden all programs and used NimbusOS; I will try that.

BTW, I have beta 5.1 on my hard drive. I will upload it tonight. It resolves the strange hidden program bug.
tweekers

Posted: 10 Sep 2004 10:25:53 pm    Post subject:

can I get an estimate of when this comes out...
I mean school is 2 years away from being out Razz
would be a bummer not to have this during school you know
shadowing