This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Dragon OS => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Dragon OS

» Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 21 Jan 2004 01:47:31 pm    Post subject:

say it here, tell me what you want. keep in mind this will be just a shell, whether you install the calc/word processing/spreadsheet programs will be up to you.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 21 Jan 2004 03:14:54 pm    Post subject:

maybe a good start menu? i dunno...
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 21 Jan 2004 03:21:43 pm    Post subject:

-Ability to run Apps from the OS
-Able to go to home screen and execute math problems like you would in the normal TI-OS, then return to DOS with some sort of hotkey
-Adjustable mouse speed

I'll post more if I think of them.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 22 Jan 2004 09:14:09 am    Post subject:

ok, so far:
AppLaunch
Quit
Keyhook
Variable mouse speed
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Jan 2004 10:26:37 am    Post subject:

Awesome task-switching
Stability (yes, it's a feature Smile)
Quick Launch keys
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 22 Jan 2004 10:46:27 am    Post subject:

Control Panel (but only the stuff that makes sense)
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Jan 2004 05:31:43 pm    Post subject:

Could you make a clock for future TI-84 users? I bet there'll be some bcall called _NZIf84Plus or something.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 23 Jan 2004 09:12:31 am    Post subject:

Arcane Wizard wrote:
Awesome task-switching
Stability (yes, it's a feature Smile)
Quick Launch keys

satbility will depend on the programs you run. if you run a asm program that crashes your calc, i cant prevent that.

Quick Launch keys = key hooks, yes?

TS will be hard, because i will have to save the internal state of every program running...i guess i could do it.

Last edited by Guest on 23 Jan 2004 09:16:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Jan 2004 12:35:28 pm    Post subject:

Darth Android wrote:
satbility will depend on the programs you run. if you run a asm program that crashes your calc, i cant prevent that.

I know, but I was kind of referring to the os itself, no random crashes and stuff.

Quote:
Quick Launch keys = key hooks, yes?
I don't know, if it's like when you press S it pops up the start menu or run a program that has S set as it's quick launch key, then yes.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 23 Jan 2004 12:44:44 pm    Post subject:

oh. well, os stability will be the #1 feature.
i thought you ment quicklaunch from teh ti os home screen. sure. why not
shadowing
Powered by 64

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Jan 2004 05:22:31 pm    Post subject:

-Ability to run Mirage OS, Ion, and Crunchy OS progs.
-Support of other external GUIs
-Cool Pic Screensaver/background
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 29 Jan 2004 09:24:14 pm    Post subject:

shadowing wrote:
-Support of other external GUIs

The whole point of DOS is that it's a GUI. If you want to use something else, then use something else. Everything in DOS is installed by the user; it simply provides a place for you to do that.
shadowing wrote:
-Ability to run Mirage OS, Ion, and Crunchy OS progs.
-Cool Pic Screensaver/background

This is stuff you would have to install yourself. Even if it comes pre-installed, it's still seperate from DOS. This thread is for features that are internal to DOS. Please try to keep it that way. You may want to suggest this in a topic for DOS software bundles or maybe for people interested in making stuff for the DOS platform (hint to Darth for more threads in this area).

Last edited by Guest on 29 Jan 2004 09:32:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
shadowing
Powered by 64

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Jan 2004 11:48:40 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, didn't know. Don't know a lot. Just suggesting. Any ways, new ideas.
-Don't let the mouse go too fast.
-Allow Mouse shape to be changed.
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 30 Jan 2004 12:39:16 am    Post subject:

I disagree with the mouse-shape idea. Too many unimportant options would get annoying. Other stuff:

-Any chance you could edit BASIC programs directly from the OS?
-The obvious: (un)archive, (un)lock, (un)hide
-MirageOS can delete programs, I like that. But is there any way you can have a "garbage can" type thing where it doesnt actually delete it but it's still there? I assume it would have to use some sort of compression program. I know this is nearly impossible with the amount of RAM a calc has, but I'm just dreaming here...
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 Jan 2004 08:28:44 am    Post subject:

copy and paste basic code/notes/text/stuff. Kind of like windows' clipboard.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 30 Jan 2004 10:35:54 pm    Post subject:

ok, well. like, consider mirage programs like .zip archives. if you want to use zip archives, you have to install the program. windows cant read zip archives by itself.
i highly doubt there will be a basic editor, i may make one.
mouse speed will be in pixels moved per draw of the cursor: 1,2,4,8 (8 is almost insane, may not include)
for the recycle bin, i will probably just hide the progs, so they wont show up on the program menu (the program menu will only disp normal progs, hidden ones will be put in the recycle bin)
im making my own _VPut (and _VPuts) routine so that the font can be changed. you will also be able to change the mouse cursor and icons (8x8)
dos executable programs will get their own icon (8x8), and im still working on a header

you will be able to set dos into a TSE mode (Task Switching Enviroment), but that will only let you run about 2-3 progs that are dos and have TSE enabled in the header. this will also restrict some area of safemem for register storage

dos will have an interupt, form which a program will be able to load 3 more (what ever the max # of tse programs that can be run) interrups, which will be parsed after the dos one is.

i will probably install standard emulation of basic and proabably mirage/ion, as dragonos will have its own library (mainly to make sure task switching/interrupt loading is handled correctly)

apps will be able to be launched, but i will need a home hook to return to dos (it wont normally)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

if someone has the standard linking protocol, and /or the silent linking protocol, send them to me so i can try to include them in dos

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--==
Jedd wrote:
I disagree with the mouse-shape idea. Too many unimportant options would get annoying.

it's you calc, not mine. Options are a big thing for me, i like to make programs mine. the first thing i do when i get a program is go see what i can do in the options. if you dont want to mess with this, dont open the control panel.
an app must take up the entire flash page. why not use the memory, instead of wasting it?

*takes big breath*
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 30 Jan 2004 11:11:55 pm    Post subject:

dang, and i typed that in the fast reply box!

when you run basic or apps, dos will literally shut down, run teh app/program, then restart
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
i got the vputs subroutine working....yay. i just have to have it dectect the font files and change a pointer, then it will load custom small fonts
shadowing