This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Dragon OS => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Dragon OS

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 01 Feb 2004 12:41:01 pm    Post subject:

i plan to make a media player that will support songs
the file extension will be .dmp
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 01 Feb 2004 01:17:38 pm    Post subject:

Wow really??? That's an awesome feature! You can call it TI-Tunes. Like iTunes on Mac, only for the TI...
Btw will .dmp take up a lot of space? Because if so then theres almost no point in having a media player that can play half of a song or something. Except on the SE, which has more RAM.

Edit: Errr ok maybe it's not such a great name. If you say it without sounding out T-I individually, the name doesn't look right...like titunes.

Last edited by Guest on 01 Feb 2004 05:30:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 01 Feb 2004 06:01:41 pm    Post subject:

Dragon Media Player (.dmp)
im not sure how much space they will take up. you will probably get some compression on it, as it wont be able to play 256 different notes
shadowing
Powered by 64

Calc Guru

Posted: 01 Feb 2004 11:05:23 pm    Post subject:

Would it be easy to convert .wav, etc. files into .dmp?
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 01 Feb 2004 11:13:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
im not sure how much space they will take up. you will probably get some compression on it, as it wont be able to play 256 different notes

Ok so it can only do 255? Are you saying that I can put songs by my favorite bands on .dmp, or are you saying that I can enter some notes on my computer and my calc will spit out notes for simple songs???
shadowing
Powered by 64

Calc Guru

Posted: 01 Feb 2004 11:15:02 pm    Post subject:

I want to play songs on it. Will it be capable of supporting huge byte songs well, or ugly?
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 02 Feb 2004 09:33:34 pm    Post subject:

All calculator sound technology is pretty crappy right now. But, the technology is improving and should be pretty good in 10 years or so (by then there'll be a calc with a speaker and really good sound already, so it will be mostly a wasted effort. But it's still fun to try Wink ).
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 02 Feb 2004 11:20:29 pm    Post subject:

i have heard a file on my calc that was to the point that i could understand what the guy said! it had some static, but i could here the words :)

i have files that will convert a .wav file into a whole bunch of .db notes that can be played by DMP. DMP will only play like 20-40 notes (about middle of bass clef to top of treble clef). this means where as normally it would take 8 bits (1 byte) per note, i can shorten it to 7 bits. that may not seem like much, but on a big song, it adds up. if i have only 32 notes, then i can get it down to 6 bits per note. i might have it so that you can write a song with more notes/less compression or less notes/more compression. and if i get bored, i will make DMP play small movies (probably not full screen, may be half. 768 bytes @ 2fps is a lot of mem

Last edited by Guest on 02 Feb 2004 11:22:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 03 Feb 2004 08:21:00 am    Post subject:

heh, sounds pretty cool...

do you use wav2db for making songs?
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 03 Feb 2004 09:13:58 am    Post subject:

*wink* yeah, that was what i was intending to use
Keith Pierce

Advanced Member

Posted: 03 Feb 2004 01:03:34 pm    Post subject:

Hey will this be a app or no? Becuase i think if it is a app it will be easier for the users so that there would be ram in it and its not taken my this shell!
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 03 Feb 2004 03:54:00 pm    Post subject:

well, in the other topic:
Darth Android wrote:
well, i plan to move dragonOS to an app, so i dont eat the user's mem

hmm. i guess that doesnt say if i did. well, it IS and app now Smile
i started cmpletely over except the sprite routine and the splash screen (even that has some changes), and its coming along nicely.
Keith Pierce

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 Feb 2004 08:06:58 am    Post subject:

thats cool now what about some of the system flags? Will it be like mirageOS or will it be like CrunchyOS! Will this be able to have different interfaces and will we be able to put in our own background?
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 04 Feb 2004 08:00:19 pm    Post subject:

This is the wrong topic to have this discussion. Please move it to the "DragonOS, expanding to better suit your needs" topic.

Last edited by Guest on 04 Feb 2004 08:01:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
shadowing