This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Dragon OS => Your Projects
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 09 May 2004 02:56:48 am    Post subject:

please visit http://nwps.ws/~dragonfire/forums/index.ph...st=0&#entry2017 and tell me and the rest of the dev team what you want to see in DragonOS.

PS: There's an admin posistion open if any one wants it.
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 01 Jun 2004 01:59:21 pm    Post subject:

Darth Android wrote:
PS: There's an admin posistion open if any one wants it.

OO! Pick me! Pick me! Wink </SarcasmWithANotSoHiddenTruth>
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 08 Jun 2004 06:13:30 pm    Post subject:

um... it was a contest at my site....and teh contest closed due to lack of interest...
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 09 Jun 2004 08:17:34 pm    Post subject:

Oh... Sad
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 25 Aug 2004 11:56:23 pm    Post subject:

UPDATE!

YAYS:
got most of the file structure design is done, still have a few things that need work

easy linking

NEW:
i plan for DOS to be command line, based for the most part off of *nix
users will download a gui to the calc that will hook into the the shell and takeover after installation (this allows for not only the user to change the gui, but it allows DOS to get on the net faster)

Link port(s) will be commanded via "drivers" for the different protocols, escpecially since teh 84+'s usb port will allow (with a simple adapter of course) a host of devices to connect. simply plug in the device, select a driver, and then the device should work.

lock status: programs can be "locked" (no read/write) or "read-only" (just what it says, read but no write). a program like a text editor will not be able to remove these flags, they will have to be removed by teh user via command line or via the gui (the gui will be the only program that can change these flags)

Dont want to search through the VAT or directory structure? simply send a command to the shell and read the output buffer to preform operations and commands (ex. for a game , search for level files with "LS *.LVL" or "LS GAMENAME.*"

keep in mind that this is designed to be a gaming platform, not a math platform (ironic, isnt it?). dont worry, it'll do calculations and y= graphing, but if you really need much more, TI has made a wonder operating system called TI-OS Wink
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 01 Sep 2004 07:28:16 pm    Post subject:

Oh man, so pumped, and can't wait Very Happy
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 02 Sep 2004 08:30:24 pm    Post subject:

well then, as one of teh official programmers, would you like to start helping me and iambi out, as soon iambi will be unable to help for a long time (hurricane francis is due to hit tomorrow)?
tweekers

Posted: 10 Sep 2004 10:28:12 pm    Post subject:

this will be so dang cool Smile
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 11 Sep 2004 07:42:15 pm    Post subject:

Just tell me what to do, Darth, and I want to help... Just make sure it's within my abilities Laughing. IRC, or MSN me (MSN, more often, I am on [Yoda style! Razz])
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 13 Sep 2004 10:56:42 pm    Post subject:

WOW! This looks so amazing. I'm expecially interested in that GUI thing you mentioned. Any chance there will be a GUI editor for people who haven't found the time yet to learn ASM? (me >.<) I've still got those concept PICs I drew, and I'd love to see them used in a GUI for DragonOS 8)

BTW, are you on IRC right now? I'd like to get on and chat while I can, been so long man Smile

Last edited by Guest on 13 Sep 2004 10:57:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 13 Sep 2004 11:20:21 pm    Post subject:

well, i need rom call routines. i also found a way to make rom calls MUCH, MUCH faster. however, you must do more on your (the programmer's) part if you switch pages in and out of the $4000-$7FFF address range.
in short, i did away with teh rst 28h / .dw xxxx and replaced it with a call xxxx

call is 17 t states

the rst 28h would have to do the following:
save hl and other vars used to the stack
manipulate sp to find the return address
return address->some register
go to the return address and find the lut address specified for the requested rom call (the .dw xxxx part)
move it to a register
restore sp
move teh lut offset to a reg that is rarely used (IY?)

adm., right now i need a routine that displays 768 bytes at screen_data and copies it to the lcd - use a bit cpuspeed,(IY + hardware) to check for fast mode on a 83+se and delay appropriately: 1 (nz) is fast mode, 0 (z) is regular mode. note that this will always be 0 on a 83+

for anyone else that wants to help:
let me know before you start a routine - if i have 3 of 1 routine and none of another, then 2 ppl didnt help the project too much. here are some other routines i need made. note that you can check hardware version with a bit se,(IY + hardware) - 1/nz is 83+se. 0/z is 83+:

link send routine - sends byte in register a over link port in standard tiso protocol. returns nz if successful, z if send failed

link get routine - get a byte over the link port in standard tios protocol. a = returned byte and z is failed, nz if sucessfull. will be called in an interrupt routine upon link activity detection

8*8 unaligned OR sprite routine -
hl = start of 8 bytes that is the sprite
d is xcoord
e is y coord
needs to clip and must be super fast. size is no object
if bit buffer,(IY+display) = 0 then it needs to write directly to the screen. else it needs to write to teh 768 bytes at screen_data
author also needs to provide a XOR and AND version as well

line routine -
when a is:
1 - draws a line from b,c to d,e
2 - clears a line from b,c to d,e
3 - xors a line from b,c to d,e

note to anyone working on these routines -
write just like you would for tios
if you must use saferam, use saferam_1. try to use the stack when ever possible
use as few bcalls as possible. try to stick to simple math ones like _HTimesL and _DivHLbyA

Last edited by Guest on 13 Sep 2004 11:31:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
sgm

Calc Guru

Posted: 14 Sep 2004 05:51:58 pm    Post subject:

Darth Android wrote:
well, i need rom call routines.

CSX is licensed under BSD. You can take whatever you want and rob me blind if you feel like it.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 14 Sep 2004 08:54:49 pm    Post subject:

i may use some of the routines. but not without credit where credit is due.
i would also like to inform people that there are several polls at my site reguarding DragonOS to get community input.

Last edited by Guest on 14 Sep 2004 08:55:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 04 Oct 2004 06:00:54 pm    Post subject:

Darth Android wrote:
adm., right now i need a routine that displays 768 bytes at screen_data and copies it to the lcd - use a bit cpuspeed,(IY + hardware) to check for fast mode on a 83+se and delay appropriately: 1 (nz) is fast mode, 0 (z) is regular mode. note that this will always be 0 on a 83+

ok, here's my advice (how I would/will do it) :
just use FastCopy... before, check the bit, if it's set, then call something to turn off high speed for a sec, then at the end, turn it back on if the bit is set... sound ok? Razz
Darth Android wrote:
link send routine - sends byte in register a over link port in standard tiso protocol. returns nz if successful, z if send failed

link get routine - get a byte over the link port in standard tios protocol. a = returned byte and z is failed, nz if sucessfull. will be called in an interrupt routine upon link activity detection
I'd suggest checking out MV's TachyonLink (look on ticalc)
Darth Android wrote:
8*8 unaligned OR sprite routine -
hl = start of 8 bytes that is the sprite
d is xcoord
e is y coord
needs to clip and must be super fast. size is no object
if bit buffer,(IY+display) = 0 then it needs to write directly to the screen. else it needs to write to teh 768 bytes at screen_data
author also needs to provide a XOR and AND version as well
sigma made tbdsrp routines... look them up Smile very fast, and they clip! I love them things to death :P

That's all my input (for now, Muahahaha!) Laughing
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement