This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Website subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Provide United-TI with Feedback. => Website
Sfar

Posted: 30 May 2003 07:10:32 am    Post subject:

Will you guys (JBirk or someone) please disable the flood control feature of this forum...It is really annoying trying to post to several different topics and not being able to for 30 seconds...here is the error: Flood control is enabled on this board, please wait 30 seconds before replying or posting a new topic
David
The XORcist!

Advanced Member

Posted: 30 May 2003 01:59:52 pm    Post subject:

We won't turn it off completely, but we might decrease the time by a few seconds.
Sfar

Posted: 30 May 2003 08:36:29 pm    Post subject:

Thanks!
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 31 May 2003 01:10:33 am    Post subject:

Okay, I changed it from 30 to 20. I am assuming that it will take 20 seconds to read all posts and make a relevant replay; however, I may be wrong because it often only takes me 15 seconds.

As for UTI-Moderators, and UTI-Staff, we get to avoid all flood control.

If posts stay on topic and remain complete e.g. few one word answers, we can decrease the flood control time even more.

If you think it needs to be reduced more, ask.

BTW, I also lowered the search flood control because I know that it can be tough to search and get it correct every time; besides, we have a fast server, so I predict no problems.
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Jun 2003 10:32:28 am    Post subject:

Well I don't know if we'll have the same occurance on this board but often on YaBB (at cirrus) when you made a post then tried to stop it because you knew you forgot something you ran into the flood control thing when you tried to post again. I think it was at 15 seconds.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 02 Jun 2003 01:25:31 am    Post subject:

Yes,

However, the flood control does not start until a post is made.

In otherwords, once the browser sends the data and the SQL tables are updated, the last post section of the memers row is updated to the current time.

Once a post is sent, it cannot be taken back, but it cannot be deleted.

I serriously doubt this forum unlocks a users flood control statas because he or she deletes a post.

Still, any reasonable post will take at least 20 seconds.
Sfar

Posted: 04 Jun 2003 08:16:13 am    Post subject:

Well you have to take into consideration the speed of typers, the speed of readers, the speed of page download(I have DSL...wicked fast!) and many other things such as the length of the post. I can read 5 or 6 short (4 or 5 replys) posts and reply in under a minute.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 04 Jun 2003 09:01:07 am    Post subject:

I can read an entire topic in about 20 seconds.

Still, it takes me a minute to think of a reply and another to type it.

I guess I can change the floodcontrol to 15; sience, there is no spam.
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 Jun 2003 01:35:41 pm    Post subject:

I think 15 seconds is best. That way if you make a mistake when you post and go back to fix it and it takes 10 seconds you don't get that Flood control message.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 04 Jun 2003 01:43:29 pm    Post subject:

ya, 10 to 15 seconds would be a little better i think as well... it is a pretty cool feature though!
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 04 Jun 2003 03:14:19 pm    Post subject:

I changed it to 15 seconds.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement