This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Sonic => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Sonic

» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
james

Posted: 01 Jul 2003 02:36:04 pm    Post subject:

I finally convinced jbirk to give us a section for the combined project,thx jbirk
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 01 Jul 2003 02:36:42 pm    Post subject:

COOL! who, exactly, r the mods?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Jul 2003 03:24:32 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Sonic
A project that involves most of United-TI.
Forum Led by: james
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 01 Jul 2003 04:43:25 pm    Post subject:

is it like the classic sonic for sega (or going to be?)
james

Posted: 01 Jul 2003 06:09:54 pm    Post subject:

Okay i was just thinking...
Do we want the game to be a classic sonic from the sega or do we want it to be an orginal idea.If an orginal idea,than post a story...
Sniper Of The Night wanted to be in charge of the story,so..forget what i just said
orginal or new story?
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 01 Jul 2003 09:47:31 pm    Post subject:

do like an evil sonic thing that ends up to be just a dream
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 01 Jul 2003 11:37:04 pm    Post subject:

Should I add any other moderators?
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 09:51:37 am    Post subject:

yes and no
yes b/c more means it will be more clean
no b/c that might be too many
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 10:22:26 am    Post subject:

I think you should add one more.
John Barrus

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 10:44:13 am    Post subject:

I think we should make it a totally new Sonic (not related to sega's). I, for one, have never really played Sega's Sonic, so I wouldn't know much about it.

A new, original storyline and different gameplay would probably appeal to most gamers, I think.

So who all is in on the project? Let's get goin'!
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 12:02:28 pm    Post subject:

I'm in, and agree that it should be different. I vote either John Barrus or Arcane Wizard as the second mod(the non-staff who seem most interested and least clueless, because UTI staff are already busy with other stuff). And I think that people should post ideas for the story that Sniper of the Night can work with, but let him have the final task of creating the story, and the final decision over what Ideas to use. Complete stories however, should not be posted. At the same time, I feel we should try to figure out some details, such as perspective(most likely overhead), and what sonic can do/the controlls for each thing, which don't really relate to the story very much.
james

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 01:12:39 pm    Post subject:

With sonic i want to keep the orginal engine and idea going. The classic fast paced side scroller where u try to to get as many rings as possible and beat the board in the shortest amont of time. Sonic,as far as the controls,its just the directional buttons and jump. Thats all the moves that i think sonic has,although,he encouters many technology advances in his journey.Such as the force field and super speed shoes. But other than the story we need to decided something,grey scale or not? I think grey scale would add that extra touch that will make the viewer go wow Very Happy
But i am also very concered with the speed that we are going to loss,The speed is what defines sonic! If we decided to keep the orginal black and white graphics, i think that the game will get boring fast. Also if we decided to make the game greyscale,then we would loss alot of space..Not as many levels Sad I think the most we would be able to have for Sonic would be like....3...maybee.I think that a new story would be kewl,but this will also slow down the progress of the game.
Who knows how to program in greyscale? Has any one done Greyscale graphics before...if so than tell me about the massive size and spped loss
John Barrus

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 01:19:28 pm    Post subject:

We can have external levels so it won't take up space in the code, Plus it allows for different level sets and storylines. Greyscale would be cool, but... As you said Sonic is based on speed.

I don't think a storyline would slow down progress. It provides the basis for the game and it will keep the user interested as the story progresses. It is also a good way to hype the game up for release (but of course the game has to be half-way decent to hype it up)

8x8 sprites would be impossible. 12x12 could be done, 16x16 is really pushing it.
james

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 01:30:43 pm    Post subject:

I totaly agree,but this game is going to be awesome,it will hype itself up.External levels would be awesome and also the story wont take to long to think up. 12 x12 will work,we dont want to make the character too big or to small,also he is large on the screen if u have played the game(hopefully all of u have)Also the main graphics(greyscale) will be in the backround,so when it scrolls and sonic is speeding through,u can see the amazing looking grapchics all the time.(throughout the level)
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 01:42:55 pm    Post subject:

i think it should LOOK like the orig. sonic (side veiw, screen scrolls as sonic moves...) cause that looked good...
John Barrus

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 01:43:55 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't be opposed if Sniper started working on a storyline. I'm gonna get an emulator to get a feel for Sonic. I'll also look into greyscale options. Who else is in?

Last edited by Guest on 02 Jul 2003 01:45:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 01:44:31 pm    Post subject:

Everyone,please,if you have any idea's for what I should make for the story line,please tell me. As earlier said,just idea's,not whole stories. I'm brainstorming right now,but it always helps to have some input. Thanks in adance. As soon as I get a good idea,I'll start writing tthe story and sending it to al people involved in the project.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 01:46:54 pm    Post subject:

John, if u find a good emu. and rom image, will u post a link? (so the rest of us can get a feel too!)
John Barrus

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 01:48:34 pm    Post subject:

Maybe have Sonic's pals (or whoever they are) kidnapped or something.
Of course, there has to be a final boss to beat at the end of the game, so there's got to be an arch-villian in there somewhere. :)

Sure, I'll post a link once I find an emu

Last edited by Guest on 02 Jul 2003 01:49:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 01:51:07 pm    Post subject:

We could always just use Robotnick,like it usually has. Also,is this going to be like the classic games(sega) or like the new ones(on Gamecube)?

Go here for an emulator(sega) and here for a rom.

Last edited by Guest on 02 Jul 2003 02:00:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 8 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement