This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Sep 2004 11:15:16 am    Post subject:

While i was on vacation in France, i saw a special TI-82 in the calculator section of those huge supermarkets called hypermarkets : the TI-82 stat. It was blue, and had STAT!! really big on the package. They also sold regular TI-82s next to it.

Has anyone heard of this before? What's the difference with the regular ti-82? Is it like a 82 Silver edition?

Last edited by Guest on 19 Sep 2004 11:30:14 am; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Sep 2004 12:02:51 pm    Post subject:

I think it's something french. Everything I found on it was in french, so...
Quote:
j'hesite entre ti 82 Stat et ti 83 plus
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Sep 2004 12:44:28 pm    Post subject:

yeah, haven't seen it in Holland, though the only calcs i've seen in Holland are the 83 and the 83+.

and you posted the same message twice...
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 19 Sep 2004 12:48:07 pm    Post subject:

his double post was probably an accident, like if you hit the add reply button and it takes too long, i know i've hit it again because i was impatient.

if all you can find is in french and you cant read french, have google translate it for you
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Sep 2004 12:54:58 pm    Post subject:

I can read french, I'm very nearly fluent in reading it... but none of the results say anything useful.

If the person said that can't choose between TI-82 Stat and 83+ (and someone actually recommends him the TI-82) I'd guess it's a good calc.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Sep 2004 01:00:54 pm    Post subject:

Doesn't anyone know if it has any special functions?

The name stat edition probably indicates it has more statistics abilities, so i think it can have lists with custom names and more than 99 elements. Or maybe it's optimized for use with the CBL/CBR, with a built in CBL/CBR app or so. That are just guesses though...

Or maybe it just has a fancy color and a faster processor. More RAM maybe.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Sep 2004 02:55:22 pm    Post subject:

STAT Edition? I've never heard of it. Maybe it being advertised as a new statician's tool...and more probability functions or plotting options. I checked with ti.com's site and they don't seem to mention it at all. Do you remember the price difference between the calc models, leofox?
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Sep 2004 02:59:19 pm    Post subject:

no, i haven't looked at the price. I think the stat thing was more expensive Razz
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Sep 2004 03:18:10 pm    Post subject:

I think it's a french ripoff that has nothing to do with TI.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement