This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Sonic => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Sonic

» Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Feb 2006 08:25:43 pm    Post subject:

Big changes are coming for the game physics. I started generalizing the collision detect to work for all 16 angles and so far this process is about halfway done. The school's getting an early spring break this year, so I'll hopefully have the adjustments done in two weeks or later. It should work regardless of direction of travel at that point.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 Mar 2007 09:58:37 am    Post subject:

Whew! 13 months since this topic has been updated! 1-year bump for the win!

The surface physics engine have been 100% remodeled on paper. All it needs is 1 or 2 good days of coding to implement in the game and testing for special conditions, effects of rounding errors, etc. Unless I get seriously sidetracked, we should know by monday if this build will work.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 05 Mar 2008 06:42:25 pm    Post subject:

1-year bump for the win!

Well, I don't know if it's been mentioned in February but one thing we're trying to do with the physics is extend X/Y velocities to a 16bit system instead of 8bit. This is having a mix of good and bad effects on development. On the plus side, we'll get more realistic physics out of it. The cost is that we'll have to overhaul some of our trig routines.

Since the change is kind of major, I'm treating it as a side-project. If it looks to be worth the trouble, we'll drop the 8-bit builds. Otherwise, we'll keep it 8-bit.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 05 Mar 2008 07:44:46 pm    Post subject:

what sort of performance hit are you expecting in tradeoff for the added realism?
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 05 Mar 2008 09:12:18 pm    Post subject:

It should be marginal. A few of our routines were already 16-bit and our new stuff is code unrolled.
TI-newb

Posted: 09 Feb 2009 11:46:06 pm    Post subject:

11 Month Jump Ftw~

Im reading all the posts, and it's been very interesting, except i don't understand most of the things you guys talk about. but keep up the good work.
darkstone knight

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 Feb 2009 02:45:11 am    Post subject:

i rather have digitan working on robot war than sonic Rolling Eyes

on topic:
Quote:
trig routines

what trig routines? Very Happy
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement