This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Sonic => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Sonic

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
voodoo721

Posted: 05 Oct 2005 09:50:53 pm    Post subject:

Thats cool. Sonic is the only game that I want for the calculator that there ISNT one of. That and icy tower, but thats a different story.
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 05 Oct 2005 10:11:19 pm    Post subject:

If you have an 89, they have an awesome Sonic out.
voodoo721

Posted: 06 Oct 2005 06:51:25 pm    Post subject:

nope, all i got is an 84+
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Oct 2005 07:14:29 pm    Post subject:

I was reading the discussion on the SMA news item (from way back) and its seems people are running into a lot of crashes on that program. Something having to do with the graphics I think. You can still get the game, but I think that group retired or something because I couldn't reach them last year.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 31 Oct 2005 12:04:13 am    Post subject:

Say, did we ever do a sprite for Sonic pushing a wall/brick?
Raiser

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 31 Oct 2005 09:17:29 pm    Post subject:

Hey. I'm sorry for my absence as of late, I've been quite busy with starting college and everything. Hopefully, I'll be able to find the time to get some more graphics done once my midterms are over.

Anyway, as far as a Sonic pushing sprite goes, I don't think I ever made one. I'll see what I can do. Also, I've made some level tiles, though I never got around to releasing them. Some of them were slightly larger than 8x8, so I wanted to see how the game would handle the levels before I committed to using them.

Anyway, I'm still around, but I'm rather hard-pressed for time.

Edit: It's kind of funny, DigiTan. Your grass tiles turned out almost exactly the same as mine! I guess great minds think alike.

The flowers and totem poles are prominent examples of what I was talking about with tiles being larger than 8x8. What I did, however, was spanned them accross 2 tiles in width. In the case of the flowers, half the flower is on one tile, and half is on the other. In the case of the totem poles, just one of the sides and the "wings" are on seperate tiles. I'll change everything as needed according to what the game can and cannot handle.

I also like the way you did the walls of the platform, DigiTan. It gives it a sort of 3D look, much like the loop I made. ([s]Though I made a promise not to reveal that just yet.[/s]) Ah, what the heck, I'm feeling generous. Besides, it's been a couple of months since then, and I'm sure you guys will need it now:

Last edited by Guest on 31 Oct 2005 09:39:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
MissingIntellect

Posted: 31 Oct 2005 10:56:45 pm    Post subject:

Raiser wrote:
I also like the way you did the walls of the platform, DigiTan.  It gives it a sort of 3D look, much like the loop I made. ([s]Though I made a promise not to reveal that just yet.[/s])  Ah, what the heck, I'm feeling generous.  Besides, it's been a couple of months since then, and I'm sure you guys will need it now:
[post="60144"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Whoa, that looks great! :ohmy: To be honest, at one time I didn't think Sonic on the TI-82/83(+) was a good idea, but your great graphics for the project proved me wrong. More impressive work! Very Happy
katmaster

Posted: 01 Nov 2005 12:39:43 am    Post subject:

MissingIntellect wrote:
Raiser wrote:
I also like the way you did the walls of the platform, DigiTan.  It gives it a sort of 3D look, much like the loop I made. ([s]Though I made a promise not to reveal that just yet.[/s])  Ah, what the heck, I'm feeling generous.  Besides, it's been a couple of months since then, and I'm sure you guys will need it now:
[post="60144"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Whoa, that looks great! :ohmy: To be honest, at one time I didn't think Sonic on the TI-82/83(+) was a good idea, but your great graphics for the project proved me wrong. More impressive work! Very Happy
[post="60153"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! purty, very purty Smile
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Nov 2005 03:25:04 pm    Post subject:

I just got the grass from one of the earlier mockups. Our big restriction on tiles is going to be surfaces. The loops require about 13% of our tile capacity so we'll probably only be able to afford maybe two loop variations. Since the game only had 2, this isn't a big problem after all.

Last edited by Guest on 01 Nov 2005 03:25:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Jan 2006 04:48:35 pm    Post subject:

Small update here for the graphics. I started a test program to estimate how many objects the graphics & physics engines could support. If we play our cards right, we can have the game adjust the frame skipping to make the game to run at a constant speed now matter how many enemies are present.

I'll probably have a finished version ready for projects.unitedti sometime around M.L.K day. This is pretty preliminary, but here's the gist of it.

Adding objects

Objects Limit
kalan_vod

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 Jan 2006 06:09:25 pm    Post subject:

OMG! That looks aswsome and runs fast!
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Jan 2006 06:35:25 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, this was done with no frame-skipping, so the screen refresh rate is way higher than it needs to be. It doesn't factor in the tilemapping but it still looks like we can go nuts on the graphics. Like with 30+ rings flying around the screen.

Last edited by Guest on 11 Jan 2006 06:36:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 12 Jan 2006 04:27:21 pm    Post subject:

That is extremely cool DigiTan! I bet you could make some cool physics demo's with that engine Smile.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Jan 2006 04:49:44 pm    Post subject:

voodoo721 wrote:
Thats cool.  Sonic is the only game that I want for the calculator that there ISNT one of.  That and icy tower, but thats a different story.
[post="57934"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If you have BubbleBobble for the 83+ series as an app, its built in. You have to hit "I" at the title screen or something

tr1p1ea wrote:
That is extremely cool DigiTan! I bet you could make some cool physics demo's with that engine Smile.
[post="66733"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

which reminds me. How is progress in general coming on sonic?
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Jan 2006 05:26:36 pm    Post subject:

The physics progress has been a little slow until about a week ago, when I started reworking the surfaces code. Also, after I get this sprite limit stuff done, I wanted to try something that might solve our map buffer size problem.
CDI

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 Jan 2006 03:57:47 pm    Post subject:

Remember that on the MasterSystem when you lost rings the game slowed down immensly... (You HAVE played the master system one riight? I'll try and get some maps for you... they're a bit simplier since it was 8bit and not 16)
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Jan 2006 04:15:00 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, even Sonic & Knuckles on genesis slowed to a crawl if you dropped more than 20 or 30 rings. I guess if it becomes a problem for us we could advertise it as "bullet time." Sort of one of those: "that's not a bug, it's a feature" situations. Very Happy
CDI

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 Jan 2006 12:20:20 pm    Post subject:

thar ya go!

NEW for Sonic 1.2

Bullet Time Ring Gathering After a Loss!!!

or BTRGAL for short!
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Jan 2006 05:43:39 pm    Post subject:

Now that's what I call advertisement. Very Happy

I got the 'flying dots' prog just about done. You add/remove dots with the right/left keys and increase/decrease the frame skip with up/down. This is last call for features before I upload it, so if Madskillz, Raiser, or any one else would like to see something added, let me know.
Madskillz

Posted: 14 Jan 2006 07:45:37 pm    Post subject:

heh, as usual, awesome digi. MLK day is when the coding for me starts back up. I dont know of anything else to add, but I will probably think of something later on. :biggrin:
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 5 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement