This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Sonic => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Sonic

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
CDI

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Jan 2006 01:57:30 pm    Post subject:

Maybe (I know I'm not one of the listed but...) you could add the ability to mess around with the bounds? do you can see if they react well to a floor&wall&celing combo (like in the real game when you loose rings in a space that is 1 sonic tall and had a dead end)?
threefingeredguy

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 Jan 2006 02:49:06 am    Post subject:

When was the last time anyone saw Raiser?
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Jan 2006 03:04:12 am    Post subject:

The server last saw him on the first day of November, and his most recent
post (explaining why he is "missing in action") was just the day before. Neutral
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Mar 2006 01:06:58 am    Post subject:

Trouble in Gotham, Batman. I did a scroll test today with the new tilemapper and the top rate is about half of the current tilemapper. Looks like we'll have to mod our current code and just get it to handle a larger tileset. Not sure how this would affect 83+ so I might need someone to compare the two mappers within the next week or so.
Lyricalwolf

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 11 May 2006 01:33:55 am    Post subject:

Ok I'd like to help a bit sonce raiser hasnt been on for awhile!
AlienCC is porting it to the 85/86 series if im correct and id like to adjust the sprites to fit the new dimensions of the 85/86. I've read through this thread and i was wondering if someone could give me a full sprite sheet with all the sprites so i can resize them.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 May 2006 11:28:04 am    Post subject:

Our current sprites are on the opening page of this topic and I think both our titlescreens are still somewhere in the "progress" thread. For now, it's only the titlescreens that need expanding; so that would either involve using a wider font, adding empty space (good for compression), or some similar adjustment.

Compressability is less of a concern for TI-86 because of the huge RAM. If we could add more graphics or even a background, that would be cool. Whatever the graphics guys are up for.

All the other graphics can probably stay 16x16 so all calc versions can use identical hit detection. Our tilemapper is made for both screen sizes and the sprite routine can probably be adjusted okay.

Last edited by Guest on 11 May 2006 11:53:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Lyricalwolf

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 11 May 2006 06:04:01 pm    Post subject:

Well that make it much easier lol...so it will just display more of the game onscreen at once while the sprites are the same size.
Hey, what program do u guys use to make the backgrounds and stuff. Graphix studio? and where can i download it?
Also, i ask this because i do not have a 85/86 myself and that program seems nice so...... thnx Rolling Eyes
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 May 2006 08:52:56 pm    Post subject:

Yeah. You can snag a copy here in ticalc's windows category. It also goes by Calc GS in some circles. It's really the cure-all tilemapper. For our purposes, to get our 64x96 screen up to 64x128, so can import it from the clipboard. Graph Studio handles all the greyscale and other tedious tasks.

Last edited by Guest on 11 May 2006 08:53:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lyricalwolf

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 12 May 2006 12:30:34 am    Post subject:

can Calc GS export the file to anything other than a .gst extension?
I mean a pic format for the computer...like .bmp or something
programmer_to_be
Jesus is my Lord and Saviour.

Elite

Posted: 12 May 2006 07:47:20 am    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
Yeah.  You can snag a copy here in ticalc's windows category.  It also goes by Calc GS in some circles.  It's really the cure-all tilemapper.  For our purposes, to get our 64x96 screen up to 64x128, so can import it from the clipboard.  Graph Studio handles all the greyscale and other tedious tasks.
[post="79041"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Can you use that for the TI-84+? I would like to use that big-time!
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 May 2006 08:29:02 am    Post subject:

To import, you have to use File->Import and choose "bitmap," "clipboard," or whatever that 3rd choice is. You can export it to pure binary or the ".db" form that all calcs from TI-73 to TI-86 use. And that works for monochrome and greyscale.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Feb 2007 11:41:07 am    Post subject:

Okay, as you may remember I did a Genesis level map search a couple years ago to get an idea of level size. Now that the physics engine is being overhauled, we have an opening for someone to create tiles and tilemaps for the Sonic levels.

Currently, we need Green Hill tiles based on the attached GIF ( GHZ1_sectioned.gif). Here are a few tiles Raiser contributed:
[attachment=1327:attachment]

This part is a straight-forward process. We just need concept tile designs for all the objects shown in the Genesis level. We mostly have all of these tiles, but a few map objects- spikes, lamp posts, and waterfalls, to name a few are incomplete. If anyone has graphics to contribute, just reply with a GIF, JPG, or similar format with your sprites innit.

Last edited by Guest on 19 Feb 2007 11:43:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 5 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement