This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Twiztid33

Posted: 16 Jul 2003 09:32:12 pm    Post subject:

i really wannah see this game made into something better than the ones that are on ticalc.org , this game will be like the game for the ps2 but it will not have as many graphics,

What Should Be Included
-Bosses
-Missions
-Other Cities
-The Cars that are used
-The Guns that are used
-People
and anything else all of you would like to add, i really want this game to be made so i can finally have a game that is in the ticalc.org index of programs, so if anyone wants to help please do so, so i can finally learn some basic stuff
JacobdeHaan

Posted: 17 Jul 2003 01:34:11 am    Post subject:

Wow! Now that sounds like a big, huge project.
A few questions:
-Are you planning on doing it in ASM?
-Will it follow the same storyline (Tommy Vercetti, same missions...) or just the same GTA idea?
-I don't even know if it would be possible: Will you base it on the same map in the game?
Obviously, VC is such a huge game you probably can't do all of this, but attempting to follow the storyline, and main weapons and vehicles would be very cool (motorcycles and helicoptors if possible).
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Jul 2003 08:28:20 am    Post subject:

How do you want the graphics? Also, keep in mind one of the strongest points of GTA:VC is that you can steal a car/motorcycle and just drive around town.
Twiztid33

Posted: 17 Jul 2003 09:54:06 am    Post subject:

i have no experience in asm so we should do it in basic at first then make it into asm after a while since i only have a little experience in making games, we definently need to make this game so it is not to huge but good enough for the avid ti game player, i would like to base it on the vice city game but have new missions and just not the ones that are given in the game, i want to see this work out, this would be a great game for the ti83+ i dont know about the maps just yet, maybe we could add them in when we might transfer it to asm
JacobdeHaan

Posted: 19 Jul 2003 03:38:05 am    Post subject:

Sounds cool, my only request is that there have to be motorcycles and helicopters (maybe?) That sounds like a complex project for BASIC, good luck!
Twiztid33

Posted: 23 Jul 2003 02:02:06 pm    Post subject:

yeah it would, but if enuff people helped it wouldnt take long at all
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 23 Jul 2003 04:42:42 pm    Post subject:

i might want to help, i knwo basic (wow!) also check out my map editor, loader, i could make tiles for GTA is you were doing it on the graph screen. but how would you do the battles, killing ppl?
Twiztid33

Posted: 23 Jul 2003 06:32:19 pm    Post subject:

i would appreciate your help, and with the battles i think we could just do like they do in the other games just make basic little fights, like all text based, nothing huge just normal stuff
Neostar

Posted: 24 Jul 2003 11:11:52 am    Post subject:

A team project... not my style, but I want to help, the battling, I can help with. For the map, Do what I'm doing with several games I'm working on use a list for each possible thing to be done.

100->dim(LGTA
something like...
If LGTA(35)=1
Pxl-On(X,Y)
Pxl-On(X,Y)

if List element-0
not there
list element-1
standing there

something like that... but I know how to do it, it's weird to explain.
But yeah, I definately want to help on this, although I've never played GTA: Vice City but I'm ready to wrte a new mission. Let me know what you need to be done and I'm willing to help.
I consider myself one of the best TI-BASIC programmers ever, I'm all for making games people think are impossible... (time to plug) I'm making a Yu-Gi-Oh game in basic which will use al the rules of the TCG...
Twiztid33

Posted: 24 Jul 2003 10:25:37 pm    Post subject:

Heres are a few things for the game
Things you can buy to get your self higher in the game
a strip bar, print works, ice cream seller, Golfo studio, a car dealership,etc

Cars
any cars you wannah put in here

Missions
for anyone who has played this game knows what the missions are

Fighting
we should be able to do fights, basic or a little graphical but not to much

you should be able to choose a few different characters not just tommy vacetti even though he is the main guy
Neostar

Posted: 25 Jul 2003 10:51:31 am    Post subject:

What format is it gonna be done in "Dealer" drug wars format, Map, tile screen used as map with moving to certain areas like the Dealer format but graphical with locations shown, or each tile being a possible location, actually moving, like an RPG?

Let me know that I'll write you some code.
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Jul 2003 01:54:13 pm    Post subject:

Please tell me you'll have my favorite thing in the game(drive by's)! Also,I'll help in anyway you need(except graphics). I'll be going on an 8 hour car trip in a couple days,and I'll need something to keep me sane!
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 26 Jul 2003 12:39:19 am    Post subject:

If we can get someone's Basic map loader (check out thisisbrian's topic i think) that does it quick, he says 5 seconds but i don't know, the one darth is finishing is about 20 seconds and could be done quicker i think.

Also you could do bullets flying on the screen while your character moves very easly, i tried this out in a sample game i made and it works very well.

Lets say LGun(1 is the bullet, when 0 he hasn't fired, when 1 he has fired you would do
Lbl 1 \\(too late to think or optimize)
walking code \\(i know it is very bad, but it is late, someone else can change it if they want)
Getkey->Ans
If Ans=25
Then
A+1->A
1->LGun(2)
Pt-off(A,B
End
(other code here)
Pt-on(A,B \\or vice versa
Goto 1
End \\ now used i know

If LGun(1)=1
Then
A->C
B->D
If LGun(2)=1 \\ LGun(2) is what direction he is facing, 1 for up, 2 for down, 3 for left, 4 for right, this ischange by what direction button is pressed
Then
C+1->C
Pt-On(C,D
End
(other three here)
End
1->Y
End
If Y:goto 1 \\help prevent memory error

if anyone knows what i mean then good else just say you don't
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 26 Jul 2003 12:44:22 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Heres are a few things for the game
Things you can buy to get your self higher in the game
a strip bar, print works, ice cream seller, Golfo studio, a car dealership,etc

Cars
any cars you wannah put in here

Missions
for anyone who has played this game knows what the missions are

Fighting
we should be able to do fights, basic or a little graphical but not to much

you should be able to choose a few different characters not just tommy vacetti even though he is the main guy

Theve out cars, missions, and other characters for now, we need working stuff before those. (pics, dialog, character info, anything like that could be done but don't need to be coded)

b/c we need a tile map to get working and fighting, other wize al else will be for waste.

i can help with anything you need help with (yet again i was ditch on the rpg we were making, they just stop showing up! gurrr!!)
Neostar

Posted: 26 Jul 2003 04:34:31 pm    Post subject:

okay, that's good, I understand it. But what about the sprite of the character? And is the map gonna have like... a background? Where's the map?

-Fighting should be done fast paced. Like a turn based screen, but it's not turn based, the opponent should just punch or kick whenever as long as you're not punching or kicking or whatever. To make it seem more real.
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 26 Jul 2003 06:02:00 pm    Post subject:

okay i started with some pics, the first one is of a city, with a road and sidewalk.

I also started the battle engine, it is "live" as in you can shoot bullets rightnow, but you are allowed only one in each direction, i could make it two but need more time, i will also be addin g a knife, but i need a character first. I will send the pics to wiz tomarrow so he can upload them here. (or maybe later to night)
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 26 Jul 2003 07:40:02 pm    Post subject:

about the bullets, so they don't keep going when they hit a wall, you do a pxl-test but do i do

If pxl-test(C+1,D)=1 where the bullet will be going
Then
Stop the bullet code here
End

or what?
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 26 Jul 2003 08:43:02 pm    Post subject:

If pxl-test(C+1,D
Then
Stop the bullet code here
End

should work, i added optomization Smile
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 26 Jul 2003 08:53:29 pm    Post subject:

no =1 is needed
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 26 Jul 2003 09:06:19 pm    Post subject:

shouldnt be... unless uve hacked ur calc with Assembly... that would be bad...

the way pxl-Test( is designed is so that u dont need =1...
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 4 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement