This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 26 Jul 2003 10:07:37 pm    Post subject:

so who all is helping with this? and who is leading this?

i'll help and/or lead
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 27 Jul 2003 07:17:55 am    Post subject:

Remember that Pxl-test( uses y,x not x,y, so if C represented the x position of the bullet your code wouldn't work properly.

47->C //x pos
31->D //y pos
If Pxl-test(D,C
Then
//code
End

All the statements starting with pxl- use y,x instead of x,y the statements with pt- use x,y.

Quote:
I will send the pics to wiz tomarrow so he can upload them here. (or maybe later to night)

Did you mean me? I haven't recieved anything yet.

Last edited by Guest on 27 Jul 2003 07:47:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Twiztid33

Posted: 27 Jul 2003 02:16:46 pm    Post subject:

hey guys im back from a few days getting everything caught up but im back and im ready to talk about the game, i like all your ideas, we need title maps and places to go and stuff and the battles should be fast and we should be able to go from place to place like doing missions, and there should be a few main guys to choose from like i said in an earlier post, so anyone got any other ideas how we can get this game started
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 27 Jul 2003 02:26:05 pm    Post subject:

I just remember making a little race game, might be usefull for driving around town, can even get it to work with multiple screens. If you make the screens load fast you wouldn't have to use pics for speed.

I only had one problem with it but didn't give it much thought, clearing the car properly, it was one pixel which can be steered by pressing the arrow keys but since it used cos( and sin( it didn't always erase all the pixels and if it did I ended up with a really light car (could only see it with brightness at max). I remember getting it to work properly but I'm not completely sure how, I'll try some things out this evening.

Last edited by Guest on 27 Jul 2003 02:26:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Neostar

Posted: 27 Jul 2003 04:15:54 pm    Post subject:

I'm gonna download some mission explainations of GTA Vice City and start writing dialouge for the characters, maybe even come up with some character names. Try uploading some of the stuff that's already so I can see what it looks like. I want to make some maps or screens out...
Twiztid33

Posted: 27 Jul 2003 07:54:24 pm    Post subject:

go right ahead, im so happy that most of you are helping out, heres what we need

someone to make Maps
make cars that can do the missions
fight sequences

anything else like title maps/screeens would be great
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 27 Jul 2003 09:03:37 pm    Post subject:

i drew a working car yesterday, along with the gun, but a few problems...

The car only goes one direction right now

The bullets uses pt-on, not pxl-on, so is there a way to do plx-test with a pt? or is there a way to do pt-test?(i don't think so but...)

should it change it to pxls?

as for the cars, i made a semi-truck and a car, what other generic vechiles do you want? I was thinking of a "special" car would be missing a pxl, so it is hard to see which ones are rare/special...
Twiztid33

Posted: 27 Jul 2003 09:37:15 pm    Post subject:

yea it should be in pixels, im getting a chatroom so that we can all talk about the game, so that we can get this game im production
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 Jul 2003 03:50:43 am    Post subject:

JesusFreak wrote:
The bullets uses pt-on, not pxl-on, so is there a way to do plx-test with a pt? or is there a way to do pt-test?(i don't think so but...)

Pxl-test(63-Ypos,Xpos

Quote:
should I change it to pxls?

Yes.

Here are the two pics JesusFreak send to me:

Before you go any further you need to establish who's working on it:
Twiztid
JesusFreak
Neostar

I suggest one of you does the walking engine, one does the battle system and one does the driving engine.

Here's a little drive engine that only uses 2 pixels for the car (you only see 1 though Sad ) :

ClrDraw
1->Xmin
1->Ymin
95->Xmax
63->Ymax
Radial
47->A //starting x pos
31->B //starting y pos
0->H //starting heading
Repeat Q or K=22 or K=45
getKey->K
H+15((K=26)-(K=24->H
Pt-Off(C,D
A->C
B->D
A+Sin(H->A
B+Cos(H->B
//pixeltest -> Q
//I tried Pxl-Test(Int(63-B-(D-B )),Int(A-(C-A->Q but it sometimes crashes the car against C,D
Pt-On(A,B
End

Last edited by Guest on 28 Jul 2003 03:51:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Neostar

Posted: 28 Jul 2003 09:44:33 am    Post subject:

I want to do the walking or battle engine, it doesn't really matter. But I would pefer the battle engine, so I could work on more than one aspect: enemy shooting and enemy running away when almost dead. But walking would be good too because then I could make the personwalk into buildings that are there and add eggs. I love doing that... cheat codes that no one knows about until they beat the game... Smile
Twiztid33

Posted: 28 Jul 2003 01:05:43 pm    Post subject:

i can do little basic things if someone teaches me i can try to make one of the engines but i can do like menus and stuff, and neostar you can make the battle engine and jesusfreak will you make the walking engine,
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 28 Jul 2003 01:49:17 pm    Post subject:

kewl, i could do the walking, map but i need to know,

I could use by map creator, but it loads in 24 seconds (if darth finished, it will load in less than that)

I could hard code the screens, but someone needs to draw then and send them to me.

How big should the sprites be,(the bigger the faster they load, but the less you can do with them)?

how big should the character be? (whatXwhat)

i also started the moving cars, i can finish them soon
Twiztid33

Posted: 28 Jul 2003 02:01:55 pm    Post subject:

use whatever you need to use

the characters should be like 4x4
sprites should be a normal size, i want the game to load fast

good luck and send me some pics of the cars at the email jacksnikes@aol.com

im out
Neostar

Posted: 29 Jul 2003 09:41:47 am    Post subject:

Just one question: Should the battles be on the same screen as the map or warp to another screen, kinda like a turn based game, but, not turn based? I'm gonna do that for a DBZ game I'm making, where the enemy attacks whenevr he wants or sees an opening, and won't stop until you either shoot back or run. SHould I do that? If so, I'm gonna need some pics of the characters.
Neostar

Posted: 29 Jul 2003 10:18:40 am    Post subject:

And now I've downloadeed some mission walk throughs, so I can see how exactly the game plays.
Twiztid33

Posted: 29 Jul 2003 11:53:14 am    Post subject:

cool, so now we can really get this game going, how long will it take to get a beta version of the game out.
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 29 Jul 2003 05:41:56 pm    Post subject:

Battle Question: It would be best to be on the same screen, but we aren't ging to do that for now, the worp thingy is okay, and sounds unike, as for the character pic, it is very basic, just a wied X right now (4X4 is very small)

Beta: Lucky if a month from now (that in cludes optimizing and puttin geverything into a list etc.) We could do a 9 screen Beta Version by then.

As for now, I am working on the sprite, 9 Building ones(10X10 and are all parts of a building, not a complete one, but i think i will make each one a different building or a forth of one)
There are 8 side way sprites, but i may be just using 4 (the 8 look better than 4)
And Two street sprites
I am adding: grass pic, tree pic, rock pic, etc.

I was thinking, I could hard code a screen (like the one a page back) and save it to a file, then we could bring up that screen, save as pic1, so that way the game would run very fast, but i don't know how much faster than the sprite

Now for the sprites, every time you move we could check a few things and just redraw that sprite, but that is more complicated and might be more code than just hard coding all the screens. or we could jsut save it to pic1 and recall pic 1 everytime which would work fast too i think

If we do hard code it, we need an artist who has played the game (i have, but my drawing are not too good (look back to the other page)), i could be i don't think they are too good. Also for hardcoding, it needs less 1 pt-on( or pxl-On( to help it load fast.

Which do you guys think is best?
Twiztid33

Posted: 29 Jul 2003 09:19:16 pm    Post subject:

i have played the game, but i dunno how to draw a sprite or whatever but you could look online for gta vice city stuff, i dunno and your right the characters should be either 8x8 or 10x10 i think 8x8 would be good but thats just my opinion, make sure to check out my site, its in my signature, and tell me what you think of it
Neostar

Posted: 30 Jul 2003 08:42:45 am    Post subject:

hmm... I was screwing around with the pics I got from the last page and drew a stupid little car and a mini person and a helicopter, and a boat... I was also screwing around with a driving engine which turned out to be crap because I wasn't thinking when I made it because I used pxl-on and pxl-off the way I didn't mean too. Anyone have any idea how to make This better. I was bored and I didn't feel like getting a headache while making Sniper 2...

Oh yeah, and the site is okay, just neeed to add the page and everything but the template is cool, oh and make the banner more clear.
Twiztid33

Posted: 30 Jul 2003 10:06:13 am    Post subject:

nice pics, im glad you like the site, i am putting a few of the pages up tonight after i get home but i need some screen shots of the game to make the screen shots page, so if anyone has screenshots that they made for the game email them to me and ill put them on the gta vc site i made,

Email Me The Screen Shots
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 4 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement