This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Fate by Fire: The Sword of Neisius => Your Projects
Pascal

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 11 Jun 2003 05:17:00 pm    Post subject:

ok, the progress:
Graphics artists still working hard on game media (sprites battlescenes ect.) Justin and I coaching the artists telling them what to make and how, Justin figuring tilemap and main game engine. (who knows what else he is programming in his lab!) and I am programing a beta stage of the GUI and story line.

Prologue
still need to write one and consult Justin on the paramiters to abide by. I am still highly considering a trailer (which would be out quite a while before the game or demo was complete) Ill try to make a prologue though.
Pascal

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 11 Jun 2003 07:32:58 pm    Post subject:

OK, it has been decided that we are going to make a prologue. When it will be completed and the cntent of the prologue is still undecided.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 12 Jun 2003 11:36:37 am    Post subject:

if we give justin a year or two, ill bet we'll all be playing halo on our calcs or something
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 12 Jun 2003 12:00:12 pm    Post subject:

That's a fun game, but I don't think it would work, because of the number/size of pixels on the screen. Unless he can modify a calculator to have another (bigger) screen. THat would be great. Come to think of it, a second little screen would be nice too.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 12 Jun 2003 12:03:25 pm    Post subject:

ya, it needs a higher resolution... they could've fit at least 24 pixels in each 1! it needs to be like a computer screen! (color and all) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 12 Jun 2003 12:13:56 pm    Post subject:

Maby if we wrote a game, we could create our own routine to send the image, but we would need to connect the wire somehow, because I don't think the linkport is fast enough. And if we had a big screen, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of a calculator game, because A laptop would be just as easy? Maby a calculator-sized screen. Then my pockets would weigh the same. The linkport would also need to be free to know what the other players were doing.
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Jun 2003 09:34:40 pm    Post subject:

Well I thought I'd show you a sample of what the battle engine may look like. This is without stats and enemies but none the less it is in a league of it's own when it comes ot ti83+ graphics.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 12 Jun 2003 09:52:24 pm    Post subject:

that, my friend, is insane! does it really look that good on calculator? i have a quick question... will it be forgiving, unlike 'The Verdante Forest'? it was a very hard game to use because u have to be in just the right spot to go up the stairs, and over the bridges...
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Jun 2003 11:06:14 pm    Post subject:

Well I'm not sure whether to go with tile scrolling or smooth scrolling. Tile scrolling would be easiest yet smooth scrolling might look better. Yet I think I would do 2 pixels at a time instead of only one.
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 Jun 2003 12:26:17 am    Post subject:

Also here's the main character walking.
Pascal

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 13 Jun 2003 03:08:53 am    Post subject:

-Finals will disable my programming/development for a week or so., but after I will be more active hopefully.

To the halo question, halo would never work on the calculatr not becasue of the screen, but more the processing power needed. An optimized ray caster engine on the 83+ (suach as in gemini) Is the ultimate limit to 83+ gaming in terms of graphics. And in that set up, a little more detail Could be placed in the screen, but isnt becasse it wold slow gameplay. There for, the processing will cut out before the scree resolution in almost every case, unless you had a video clip playing on your calculator. (no calculations need to be done [raycasting])

To answer the link port, it wouldnt be fast enough either. I conducted a test a while back, where one calculator sent pictures to another calculator. The other calculator displayed the pictures. The idea was to see if the link transfer was quick enough so that the animation owuld be fairly smooth. It was impressive, but not enough. THe pictures transfered through the link roughly at .75 fps. However, one msut take into account that a. the routine was written in basic, b, the transfer was entire pictures, where as a game woudl jsut transfer small drawing instructions. The fact it was written im basic does not slow it down that much, as most of the time it is the link transfer going on, not a calculating program. Now that I think of it, I bet it would work...

-mod note
If the subject persists in another post or two, I will create a new thread focused on this subject, as this thread is designated for FBF only.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 13 Jun 2003 12:11:00 pm    Post subject:

ya, create the new post... but with FBF, that screen is awesome too! how do u guys do such a good job? if i made a game, it wouldn't look half as good! and 2 pixels would be perfect, seeing as how if ur 2 pixels over, then it wouldn't even need to look forgiving, u would have to be right on for it to even look right... and the 16x16 char helps... The Verdante Forest was a 32x16 or something like that!
Glen
Prokul Interactive

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 14 Jun 2003 01:15:04 pm    Post subject:

nice, good job Justin!, sorry i wasnt able to help!!!!

sigh! i wanna learn asm!
Job the GameQuitter

Posted: 14 Jun 2003 01:48:34 pm    Post subject:

No, you just think you do, secretly you're waaay to lazy Razz. Like most of us.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 14 Jun 2003 01:54:01 pm    Post subject:

lol, Glen, i think u would do very well in asm! from what i hear, u r a very respectable programmer Wink ... try 83pa28d tutorial for learning asm... also called TI-83+ ASM in 28 days...
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 25 Jun 2003 12:38:47 am    Post subject:

are you done yet?
Job the GameQuitter

Posted: 25 Jun 2003 07:08:02 am    Post subject:

I'm not on their team, but I'm sure the answer is NO. Think about it: if you were making a game like this, wouldn't you want to bring it out as soon as you finished it? Cool
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Jun 2003 08:58:57 am    Post subject:

The answer to that question is, NO. It will probably take a while for it to be finished. Justin and Pascal have a lot more coding work to be done,and the graphics team has a lot of work left.

Last edited by Guest on 25 Jun 2003 08:59:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Jun 2003 09:52:54 am    Post subject:

This game is far from done. We have much work to do before even a demo is released. Patience is going to be key here because this is a massive project.
Pascal

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 25 Jun 2003 11:27:49 am    Post subject:

Though now that school is out, I can help a little more. Last week was completely dominated by finals.

Last edited by Guest on 25 Jun 2003 11:28:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 9 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement