This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. UTI Members Chat => General Open Topic
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 Jul 2003 08:50:56 pm    Post subject:

Well I think we should all come up with ideas for layout, or else make sample layouts and upload them so we can all see it, and pretty soon we will vote on one.

Sound Good?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Jul 2003 09:21:35 pm    Post subject:

Sounds good, I'll see what I can come up with, probably not much since I'm not having much luck with my own site, but who knows.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 25 Jul 2003 03:01:29 am    Post subject:

We are going to have a layout ready in a few days.

We will then gather input, make changes, and start the actual coding.

BTW, PHP, Perl, and MySQL will be the most difficult part of the site.
Glen
Prokul Interactive

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 25 Jul 2003 04:11:31 am    Post subject:

i know some BASIC HTML
Twiztid33

Posted: 25 Jul 2003 10:24:52 am    Post subject:

we could use my old extreme ti games layout or get one from

Free Web Templates

im not good at html but i will help in any way possible
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Jul 2003 09:48:34 pm    Post subject:

Well Im awesome at php

My entire site is based on PHP. I have no experience with perl, and as far as MySQL I have experience with it but dont ask for my help ill be to afraid i would mess up something lol.
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 29 Jul 2003 05:53:07 am    Post subject:

Many of you have read my previous posts about Zabotage which I'm designing to be a very fast, themeable engine with a solid set of user level permissions, and a killer auth system (special thanks to JBirk for the suggesions and help).

Tonight I installed version 0.01 to replace the downtime message on my homepage I need to finish up the admin code for adding-editing-archiving-deleting articles. Next on the list after that is adding the download section, along with the admin side for it, followed by administration of user accounts. We are looking at 2 weeks max for the bulk of that work to be done.

Just to give you an idea of how themeable Zabotage is, Unlit is skinning the development tree while spacecraft is skinning my homepage. I wanted to keep spacecraft similar in style to Unlit for my own website even though Zabotage allows much more flexibility.

I would not have a problem with Zabotage or a modded version of it being used for the UTI homepage if that is what everyone wants, just let me know what you think, and if you want me to make a custom theme for UTI and use on the development tree for a few days.

--AlienCC
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 29 Jul 2003 08:21:51 am    Post subject:

i vote for zabotage!!
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 30 Jul 2003 01:51:11 pm    Post subject:

You got my vote. I wanted to help with the site but some people *cough*JBirk*cough* say they have it under control themselves. I'm good with layout (at least that's what everyone says) and I'm sure I could help in some way. Let me know.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement