This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Robot War => Your Projects
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Jun 2005 01:40:43 am    Post subject:

After reading feedback from the v3.0 demo, I decided to retool the battle system to make it more interactive. So I'm experimenting with timed attacks. Basically they let you choose how effective your melee attacks are moments before they land.

Just like in the demo, your robot pops in the air briefly before it casts an attack. If you can press the arrow key the moment it hits the ground, your attack will be upgraded. Your margin for error is randomized, but you can do this every time after tons of practice. Each arrow key has a different effect...

Anyway, the old system was getting a little boring in my option, but I think this will set things in whole new direction. Here's an animation of the DOWN bonus being used. (The movie is too fast, but you can see how you "hammer" the ground if you are successful). More updates later...

Last edited by Guest on 22 Jun 2005 01:43:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Solitaire710

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 22 Jun 2005 11:16:19 am    Post subject:

*Blinks*

Wow.......You woundl't mind my putting this up in a brief article on Calc WebZine?
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Jun 2005 11:59:33 am    Post subject:

This looks really cool! I posted about it on my blog too!
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Jun 2005 12:05:00 am    Post subject:

No problemo! I'm hoping if we can get the word out, more people will be able to help with the porting. I'll provide some more anims as soon as I get Calc Capture working right.
Solitaire710

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 25 Jun 2005 10:41:39 am    Post subject:

Cool......I'll get an articloe up on this over at CWZ's and I'll post another with new screenshots when you get calccapture working Smile
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 26 Jun 2005 05:00:57 pm    Post subject:

Wow I saw the screenshot in Solitaire news at Omnimaga and I must say this is really impressive! I havent read everything but I like how you managed how to do hardcore animations with 8x8 sprites and the game has features none other TI RPG has yet, in other word great job and I hope you'll be able to find a way to not cut down too many features to make a TI-83+ version (maybe and APP?) Smile
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 Jun 2005 03:41:06 am    Post subject:

Yep, most likely all the program writeback code will be removed and we'll try it as an APP. Right now the size for the full (linked) version is 25,835 and as soon as it's down to 25,170 -25,000 I'll release it. Anyway, the project's been going since June 2003, so I'm ready to finally put it behind me.

If not for the size problems I could release it today and everything except the timed attacks would be bug-free. But lately I've been doing a lot of fine-tuning. One tough thing to do is adding difficulty. It has to be a tough game but not an unfair game. The last demo (v3.0.0) had at least two "cheap shot" points where you'd lose several times until you lucked out. Needless to say, those events were retooled. The improvents to areas outside Cape City are to numerous to list. Even with the 2nd ending removed now, it should take the fastest gamers no less than a good 7 hours to uncover every secret--and that's blazing!.

Since I've been a little slow with screenshots lately, I'm working a complete Player's Guide that will explain the game from top to bottom and help get the word out! Cool
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement