This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Sonic => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Sonic

» Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Sep 2005 10:16:09 am    Post subject:

I think he means gold rings or whatever they're called in sonic.
0oruneo0

Posted: 29 Sep 2005 05:21:37 pm    Post subject:

spengo wrote:
Coins? In a Sonic game? Neutral  [post="57368"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Rings.

Last edited by Guest on 29 Sep 2005 07:52:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Sep 2005 09:01:39 pm    Post subject:

I guess I should mention it now; we hardcore Sonic fans hate it when they are called coins. Razz But I get the point.

Maybe since this would be an emerald game, we could have the emerald way at the top of the level, and have the forcefield that chases you up the maze--assuming we're doing the glowing sphere stage.

Last edited by Guest on 29 Sep 2005 10:29:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
spengo

Posted: 29 Sep 2005 10:12:02 pm    Post subject:

0oruneo0 wrote:
spengo wrote:
Coins? In a Sonic game? Neutral  [post="57368"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Rings. [post="57432"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I know he meant rings, but as DigiTan said...

Anyways, were you talking about the 3D tube from sonic 2? That's one where you have to collect rings, and although it's much easier with 2 players it is definitely doable with one. Wink

Last edited by Guest on 30 Sep 2005 09:36:45 am; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Sep 2005 10:29:00 pm    Post subject:

I've been thinking long and hard about that one. I think it would come down to how good we could get the depth to look. Sonic 2 on the genesis made some really good use of sprite scaling and nice artwork to give good depth so you could tell how far away the rings and bombs were easy.

On the flip side, I found the tunnel on Sonic Advance 1 (or was it 2? :confused: ) very confusing because I kept missing powerups it looked like I would hit. That was more of a resolution problem than programming, IMHO so it raises some conserns over wheter a calc with mega-sized pixels could do much better. But Lotus Turbo Challenge looked very good on TI-82 and like I said, we're all brainstorming for now, so its a possibility. I'm not in charge of that area of the project, so we'll see if Madskillz, shadowing, and Raiser have any input on that...
spengo

Posted: 29 Sep 2005 10:54:14 pm    Post subject:

Well, I didn't really like the sonic advance games anyways. They were too easy. Razz Doing it like lotus turbo challenge would be cool, but it may take up a lot of memory. This is for the 83+/84+ right? You don't get much RAM on those calcs. Sad
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Sep 2005 11:05:42 pm    Post subject:

Yes, I guess I got a little carried away: RAM is our #1 limit. We would have to pull off some insane optimization to get 3D to work. 'Not saying it's impossible, but unlikely and very difficult. The 82 version is a little less problematic because there is 27kB to work with, but we want the extra room for levels mainly.

Last edited by Guest on 29 Sep 2005 11:06:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 17 Feb 2006 09:51:09 pm    Post subject:

My favorite lvl is Speed Highway!
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Feb 2006 12:03:57 am    Post subject:

My favorite 2D level is Stardust Speedway from Sonic CD (gotta love those speedway levels). Maybe we should include lots of speedway objects in the tilesets.
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 18 Feb 2006 11:53:49 am    Post subject:

A randomly generated speed lvl for maximum playability? Just a thought.

Edit: by playability I mean you'd be able to play that lvl over and over.

Last edited by Guest on 18 Feb 2006 04:25:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 05 Dec 2006 06:57:30 pm    Post subject:

Whatif u had a game where sonic was kinda like sliding down a hill and there wer rings to collect and obsatcles to duck or jump. Not really traditionally sonic but..
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 05 Dec 2006 09:19:35 pm    Post subject:

Not traditional Sonic, but there was a sonic level like that in the Dreamcast game.
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 21 Jun 2007 10:44:45 pm    Post subject:

Digitan: i was looking at an earlier post and i noticed you were looking to see if anyone knew a good way to do the orb thing. if i'm right you mean the sphirical world that looks 3d where you have to collect the blue orbs and jump over the red ones?

if that's the case you may want to look at mode7 techniques, they use some scaling of sprites, but if you notice the orb level had a checkerboard floor. so you may be able to pull something off at a reasonable frame rate, as for the actual physics and things like that i have no clue, but that could be an acceptable solution to your "make it look good" problem. Although i dont know how to use mode7 to create a sphirical looking plane. only flat, so you may have to compromise if you really want this in the game.

Just some thoughts, i'm waiting on an email and have nothing better to do so i thought i'd put in my two cents worth.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Jun 2007 02:26:02 am    Post subject:

It's not a bad idea. I don't mind saying I don't know anything about mode 7, but I saw some cool screens between Maxcoderz and Revsoft that looked very impressive. We can probably get a few people to help out and organize a mode 7 team. It would make a fine addition to the 83+ version.
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 22 Jun 2007 08:29:56 am    Post subject:

Cool deal, i really like that bonus game and it would be real cool if you guys figured something out to make it work.
SonicBoom95

Posted: 31 Jan 2008 02:46:42 pm    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
Heh, I guess that much is true.  I showed my buddy (biggest Sonic fan ever) some of this stuff and he's totally amped about it.  You can never get enough Sonic.

...unless you get seizures but that's a whole 'nother story.
[post="56466"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

<offtopic>LIES. I AM THE BIGGEST SONIC FAN EVER. And I AM so excited.</offtopic>

Is the Sonic 2 Special Stage doable? I had fun with that...

EDIT: Or maybe the Sonic Advance 2/3 Special Stage. <offtopic>The Sonic Advance 2 ones were EVIL to get to.</offtopic>

EDIT AGAIN: I am just really excited about this!!! A Sonic game for TI. Something to indulge my rabid fandom during Computer Lit, instead of posting to a forum about my rabid fandom. :biggrin:

Last edited by Guest on 31 Jan 2008 02:50:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement