This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. UTI Members Chat => General Open Topic
Twiztid33

Posted: 29 Jul 2003 04:15:29 am    Post subject:

its simple but good, and it wont take long to set up, i found it at freewebtemplates.com, at least take a look

click here for a cool layout for uti

tell me what you think
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 30 Jul 2003 01:52:55 pm    Post subject:

Looks really good. Where'd you say you got that? Might make my site a little better. FYI: the pic on top is broken.

Last edited by Guest on 30 Jul 2003 01:53:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 30 Jul 2003 06:11:51 pm    Post subject:

I like it and all but IM not to fond of the little plus sign cursor. other then that looks ok.
Twiztid33

Posted: 31 Jul 2003 11:48:13 am    Post subject:

i got the layout from freewebtemplates.com
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 31 Jul 2003 01:48:05 pm    Post subject:

Nice. The only thing that's bad is the cursor. everything else is pretty good.
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 31 Jul 2003 01:49:00 pm    Post subject:

the pic is still broken.
Twiztid33

Posted: 31 Jul 2003 05:13:22 pm    Post subject:

there is no picture yet, im looking into alot of different layouts as well
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 01 Aug 2003 01:55:18 am    Post subject:

I dislike the design, and we will be creating our own design.

United TI will be done in either Notepad, VI, Pico, or Emacs. Anyway you put it, it will not be done with an editor.
Tyler

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Aug 2003 10:25:14 am    Post subject:

Try HotDog, I'm not sure if it supports JavaScript, MySQL, ETC, but it might be able to and has a nice layout with a notepad like editor. It's a 30 day trial though Sad
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 01 Aug 2003 02:37:16 pm    Post subject:

From a *Nix guy...
Nothing beats VI
Nothing

nope, nothing.

--AlienCC
Tyler

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Aug 2003 07:32:47 am    Post subject:

What languages does 'VI' support, and is it free like GIMP? Where do you find all this software AlienCC?
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 15 Aug 2003 01:27:09 pm    Post subject:

Tyler wrote:
What languages does 'VI' support, and is it free like GIMP? Where do you find all this software AlienCC?

You can find VI at the official here: http://www.vim.org/

This taken from the website should help to answer some questions...
Quote:
What Is Vim?
Vim is a highly configurable text editor built to enable efficient text editing. It is an improved version of the vi editor distributed with most UNIX systems.

Vim is often called a "programmer's editor," and so useful for programming that many consider it an entire IDE. It's not just for programmers, though. Vim is perfect for all kinds of text editing, from composing email to editing configuration files.

What Vim Is Not?
Vim isn't an editor designed to hold its users' hands. It is a tool, the use of which must be learned.

Vim isn't a word processor. Although it can display text with various forms of highlighting and formatting, it isn't there to provide WYSIWYG editing of typeset documents. (It is great for editing TeX, though.)

Vim's License
Vim is charityware. Its license is GPL-compatible, so it's distributed freely, but we ask that if you find it useful you make a donation to help children in Uganda through the ICCF. The full license text can be found in the documentation. More information about charityware on Charity-ware.org.

Then for you syntax highlighting answers http://www.vim.org/others.php should help a lot!

I became quite acquainted with vi using some SCO Unix systems at work when I was first hired as a computer operator a couple years ago, I've since seen a couple promotions at work (My evening job). Linux comes with vim a more advanced version of vi, and once you get used to the funky keypresses (shortcuts) its actually more efficient and powerful then other editors quickly becoming my all time favorite.

--AlienCC
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 20 Aug 2003 11:51:05 am    Post subject:

Not only that, but vi is everywhere! It is on practically every UNIX/Liux system in the world, making it a more versatile editor to be used to using than emacs, and is more intuitive (in my humble opinion). Vi and Perl... the ubiquitous duo.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Ninjas like you choose .GIF.
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement