This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Robot War => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Robot War

» Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Sep 2005 02:45:32 pm    Post subject:

Okay, I guess RW has taken a back seat to the Sonic project for a while, but bare with me; the project is still active.

As I mentioned in the last update, a lot of battle rules have been modified to make the game a little more intuitive. Debugging is mostly complete, so the main idea this month will be balancing. For starters, the HP of enemies is being greatly reduced. Before, enemy stats matched your own almost point-for-point, so this led to insane micro-managment and item use between battles. The new adjustments let you explore the game faster without spending hours battling low-level toadies.

Also, thanks to the Sonic project, I'm looking into replacing the current compression system with Apack. This will be done after the game released to avoid more delays. The new code should let me reduce prog size and use more elaborate levels and backdrops.

Last edited by Guest on 14 Sep 2005 02:46:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 14 Sep 2005 03:07:09 pm    Post subject:

Keep up your hard work. I never finish my programs I start.
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 14 Sep 2005 04:08:39 pm    Post subject:

i will not play this game until you move your site from Geocities to your UTI account

j/k

I cant wait to play it Very Happy
0oruneo0

Posted: 14 Sep 2005 05:18:22 pm    Post subject:

Whew, not dead. I've been waiting for this a while now, hope it's released soon!
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Sep 2005 11:16:46 am    Post subject:

Yep, I'm hoping to get it done no later than Christmas of this year. Hopefully much, much sooner. Since Apack works so well at reducing code size, I'm not under quite as much pressure to make the game unreasonably optimized, so this will move much quicker.

Here's sort of an update on the Expert Mode topic. I'm going to simplify this mode to use the original enemy difficulty rules. That's about as difficult as the game can get and still be reasonably playable. There will also be a secret unlockable reward; which will obviously not be announced. Cool
aforsy
the leaping penguin

Posted: 15 Sep 2005 12:49:48 pm    Post subject:

what!! not announced...but...i thought...secrets were...announced...

sounds pretty cool, though. i can't remember if you were going to have this for the 83+, too, or just for the 82. i would certainly download it if you do!
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Sep 2005 05:23:11 pm    Post subject:

Its definatley going to 83+. What's holding it back is the 26,000 byte prog size. Which fit 82's RAM, but not 83+. If it is possible to read tile & graphics data directly from Flash, this will no longer be a problem. Otherwise, I will have to Apack the full version first, or only port the Lite Edition. And since 83+'s shells actually make the VAT _balls work this might reduce the prog size even further.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Sep 2005 08:02:35 pm    Post subject:

_balls... that is so great...
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Sep 2005 08:44:46 pm    Post subject:

Or maybe that's not the right name for them. They call 'em ROM_CALLs in 82, and appearantly the VAT-related ones don't work unless you run a relocation routine and update all the VAT tables from your own game. On top of that, the 82 ones are bugged to where if you search for a prog with a lower adderss than your own, you get a bogus return address. Since RW always sends its savegames to higher addresses, I almost didn't catch this. I think CoBB encountered a similar problem.

Last edited by Guest on 16 Sep 2005 12:53:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
CoBB

Posted: 16 Sep 2005 01:05:50 am    Post subject:

The only right way is using SNG. It keeps the memory layout consistent even during program execution.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Sep 2005 12:52:57 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully I can figure out how to port to that one. I heard some good stuff about it, but I can't find many SNG docs or tutorials. Cool
CoBB

Posted: 16 Sep 2005 01:17:56 pm    Post subject:

Just look at the Acelgoyobis source, especially models.inc and the beginning of pinball.asm (both the entry and exit codes are there in the section called Entry point). As you can see, SNG programs have a big header that contains the launcher code. I explicitly put it in my include file, so I could use my generic 8*p maker (bincalc, also provided in the source) instead of the one coming with SNG.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Sep 2005 01:26:56 pm    Post subject:

Ah, that's good news. Is ACE easy to port to also?
CoBB

Posted: 16 Sep 2005 02:58:29 pm    Post subject:

I never tried. Only CrASH and SNG.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Sep 2005 02:51:26 pm    Post subject:

Pat Davidson does a lot of ACE projects. Maybe I can convince him to help with the port. He told me it doesn't take quite as long as I had thought. It's just as well because I don't have 19.006 ROM.
Solitaire710

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 17 Sep 2005 11:36:53 pm    Post subject:

http://calcwebzine.com/index.php?option=co...ask=view&id=168

:ninja:
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Sep 2005 12:47:45 pm    Post subject:

I like the UTI intro.. Can you post the code for that somewhere so that other members can put in in their projects?
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Sep 2005 05:53:41 pm    Post subject:

Okay, I'll post up the icon and the fade code sometime before tuesday. I hope the calcwebzine guys aren't too mad at me for delaying the game again. I'm really going all-out to correct anything that might make the program look buggy.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Sep 2005 08:11:33 pm    Post subject:

so wh does the 82 have more RAM than 83+? wierd anyway I would play it if I had an 82, maybe I can borrow my friends....<off topic> any word on when Sonic is due to come out?</off topic>
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Sep 2005 08:40:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
any word on when Sonic is due to come out?
I don't think we can possibly come up with a suitable projection, as we're not even looking for beta testers at the moment (I imagine most routines haven't been developed yet). We're certainly not making a release by the end of this month. Laughing

Last edited by Guest on 18 Sep 2005 08:42:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement