This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's z80 & ez80 Assembly subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Z80 & 68k Assembly => z80 & ez80 Assembly
Tyraniek

Posted: 29 Jul 2003 11:06:00 am    Post subject:

How do you search a program in the RAM ? (I'd just like to have the address of the first byte in HL).
Here is what I did :

Code:
          ld          hl, prog
          RST         20h                        ; copie dans OP1
          RST         10h                        ; "look it up"
          jp          c, exit                    ; si programme absent
          ld          hl, $AA4C - $9d95 + 4      ; adresse du Highscore (DE+$CBB)
          add         hl, de

prog      .db         06, "SERPENT2", 0          ;06 = Protected Program

Some additional comment :
I use 06h = ProtObjPrgm instead of 05h = ObjPrgm (or something like that) because SERPENT2 is an asm compiled program (--> Hidden)

I'm not forced to put à 0 after the name of the program because it is 8 characters long.

$AA4C is the address of the byte I'de like to change. I've found it in the .lst file, so the first address is 9d95h, where the program starts. I must substract it. The 4 other bytes are for the AsmComp tokens, or something like that. Well, I've found them in the 28days tutorial.

I don't know whether I must add $8000 bytes, as RST 10h look it up in the RAM (which starts at this address).

I add DE to HL, because the address of the first byte is stored in DE when we do RST 10h

Now, I would be surprised if anyone found what's wrong in my code... Remember that the purpose of this code is to put HL on the byte I'd like to change, which is in the program SERPENT2.
I hope you'll found but I think I'm disguted now... Surprised = burps Smile
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 29 Jul 2003 11:25:16 am    Post subject:

ok, i see a problem right off the bat... u shouldnt use rst 10h to find the first byte of a prgm... u should use bcall(_ChkFindSym) it finds prgms... then it puts the first value in DE which u must increment 2 times to get past the 2 size bytes... also, if ur program is hidden, then u need to check through the symbol table for the name i think but not sure, cause i havent used hidden progs in programming much...
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 Jul 2003 12:32:20 pm    Post subject:

Ok the first thing you would want to do is get how many bytes are between the starting point of your program and the label.(SERPENT2 is the program you need to find this out in) Then Simply

Code:
 ld hl,progname
 rst 20h
 bcall(_chkfindsym)
 ld a,b
 or a
 ret nz;if program is archived quit
 ld hl,$0000[SIZE=1];<---fill this with bytes in between start of program and label including the $BB,$6D
 [/SIZE]
 add hl,de
;do whatever you want now.
progname:
 .db $05,"SERPENT2",0

Now hl points to the address you want.

Last edited by Guest on 29 Jul 2003 12:34:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tyraniek

Posted: 29 Jul 2003 12:47:36 pm    Post subject:

When I use it, it finds the program at the address $9FA1. Is that possible ?
And then, when I try displaying the value, I've got an error : OVERFLOW.

You see what's the problem ?

Justin W. : That's exactly what I did Wink Thanks anyway

Last edited by Guest on 29 Jul 2003 12:49:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tyraniek

Posted: 29 Jul 2003 01:12:02 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
When I use it, it finds the program at the address $9FA1. Is that possible ?

It seems to because it works now

Quote:
I've got an error : OVERFLOW

Always the same bug : DispOP1a generates this error when OP1 = 0. In Fact, I've been confused by day 24 of the tutorials : the author adds 4 bytes in his code (and it's what we must do), but in the program I want to do, I just have to add 2 bytes (because of $BB,$6D as said Justin)

Quote:
That's exactly what I did

Well in fact I did not add the right number of bytes. But I did the code with _ChkFindSym as said Adm.Wiggin before you

thanks to you all
The program I'm doing is a kind of "patch" for the well-known program "SERPENT2". In the new version, you'll be able to put the Highscore to 1 (not 0 because there is an error : overflow), and what's more, I'll add another version, entirely in English ! yahooo !
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 Jul 2003 01:35:26 pm    Post subject:

The reason he adds 4 bytes is he is bypassing the size bytes and the AsmPrgm Token.
Tyraniek

Posted: 30 Jul 2003 03:53:37 am    Post subject:

Yes that's it.

And now, you can download the entirely new version of the game (even in Englaish language !) here :
http://sites.estvideo.net/yannick/prgmsASM...erpent2v1.3.zip

Last edited by Guest on 30 Jul 2003 04:42:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement