This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Robot War => Your Projects
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Oct 2005 07:09:13 pm    Post subject:

I was going over the damage tables monday and I realized there's a gap left behind from an attack I removed last summer. Since the program is large, it would be easier for me to fill that row in than remove it--so I'm looking to either leave it empty (until v1.1 comes out) or add one last item/attack to the game.

If anything gets added, it would have to work with the existing rules of the game--so no super-elaborate effects or requirements. What I mean is it has to affect one stat per target (HP, Energy, Speed, Status, etc). And no more combinational items; they're hard to code. For example, here's some lost stuff from the archives.

Lost Moves:
X-Strike: A double-attack that is used automatically as long as you have energy
Some unnamed attack: Does a buttload of damage. Probably good for final boss

Lost Items (and reverse effects):
- [Relapse] Repeats the past move exactly (devestating if used with the right moves)
- [Relapse+Negate] Blocks enemy's future moves (with no EP or item refund)
- [Nova] Makes enemy total irrepairable (useful only once Neutral Maybe a bit too powerful)
- [Nova+Negate] Removes the HP limit for the user
- [Virus] Locks victim's low-level moves (α and β, includes renewals, shields, etc.)
- [Virus+Negate] Locks victim's high-level moves (γ through Ω, blocks everything if victim is frozen)
- [Blockade] User becomes invunerable for 1 turn
- [Blockade+Negate] Victim becomes highly vunerable for 1 turn
- [Arson] Burns opponent with 100% success
- [Arson+Negate] Freezes opponent with 100% success
- [Chaos] Random energy attack
- [Chaos+Negate] :confused: Now how in tarnation would this work?

..you get the idea. I'm also taking suggestions if anyone has something they want to see added. I've been trying to decide all week, so I'm leaving it to you guys. I'm leaning toward "Arson" and "unnamed boss attack," but anything's fair game.

Last edited by Guest on 14 Oct 2005 07:11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Oct 2005 07:21:49 pm    Post subject:

I also like Arson. I think the "unnamed boss attack" is kind of cheap though...
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Oct 2005 12:55:52 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, its a lot more straightforward than my other ideas. I'm pretty sure that's what I'll try.

There might be room for two new features--I'm probably going to cut out "Multiply" because it was making items too powerful (was really really unfair in 2P mode).

[edit]
What about invisibility? That's always fun.

Last edited by Guest on 15 Oct 2005 08:31:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 16 Oct 2005 11:24:37 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
What about invisibility? That's always fun.

Only if you're the one invisible...
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Oct 2005 12:37:34 am    Post subject:

Heh heh. That's true.

Well, going off Sir Robin's response and the poll results as of today, I'm going with the "arson" item and 1 new energy move--very likely for the final boss to help the storyline. "Multiply" has been redone and all I need to do is balance 4 more bosses and iron out the LinkBattle bugs. I think this will be a November release.
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 17 Oct 2005 03:01:14 pm    Post subject:

cheers for you. I can't wait to play.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement