This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Robot War => Your Projects
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Oct 2005 08:17:42 pm    Post subject:

Okay, major developments in the RW newsroom today. The Linked Edition only requires 2 minor changes and some debugging. The enemies, levels, and game economy are 100% balanced meaning story mode is complete and will not change. This afternoon, the code was copied and I removed all linking routines to make the Standard Edition which is 100% ready only needs to be verified.

Because of this latest developement, I am setting the release date for November 16, 2005--exactly three weeks from today. Unless an unforseeable problem happens, it will likely be released ahead of schedule. There will also be two trainer files (cheats) available on the 16th to let you start the game with more money or items than normal. Trainers with more valuable effects will be released periodically. The expected sizes for v1.0 are 26.2KB for the Linked Edition, and 25.1KB for the Standard Edition. In the meantime, I'll be re-testing everything to make sure the game is completely uncrashable.

If you haven't checked the story or battle pages in a while, those sections have been rewritten and feature some new graphics. Also, a sneak peek of the Upcoming Versions map is up.

Last edited by Guest on 26 Oct 2005 08:19:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
katmaster

Posted: 27 Oct 2005 10:56:31 pm    Post subject:

when's the 83+ version coming out? :biggrin:
axcho

Posted: 28 Oct 2005 01:00:16 am    Post subject:

Wow, I just saw the screenshots for the first time, and it's like Pokemon for the calculator! Great job, this is going to be awesome! Awe-inspiring.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Oct 2005 01:57:12 pm    Post subject:

Actually it's funny you'd mention Pokemon, because my first ASM game was "Poquémon" and RW was more or less a spinoff of that.

As soon as v1.0 is out I'm going to start looking for 83+ programmers to port it to an app. Also looking for anyone who can 73, 83, 86, and new 82s.

Last edited by Guest on 29 Oct 2005 01:57:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
aforsy
the leaping penguin

Posted: 29 Oct 2005 03:48:27 pm    Post subject:

just use Basic Builder to port it to an APP. it works for asm programs, too. if you don't want to, i'll do it.
kalan_vod

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 Oct 2005 05:20:11 pm    Post subject:

aforsy wrote:
just use Basic Builder to port it to an APP. it works for asm programs, too. if you don't want to, i'll do it.  [post="59947"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well its not that he needs it to be an app. he is needing to port it (change the code to work on anouther calc).

Last edited by Guest on 29 Oct 2005 05:57:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Oct 2005 10:26:28 pm    Post subject:

The 83+ port has me worried the most. There were a lot of program write-backs used to save space so that may have to be converted somehow. The Linked Edition is large so I don't know how many options that leaves us for shells, etc.
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 18 Feb 2006 07:11:55 pm    Post subject:

Just wondering if you have located an 83+/84+ porter that is doing any work on this project. I would hate to see it die out after working only for a calculator used by only a small fraction of TI users.

Also, why don't we move this program out of the projects section and into a products section of the forums.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Feb 2006 09:25:36 pm    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
The 83+ port has me worried the most.  There were a lot of program write-backs used to save space so that may have to be converted somehow.  The Linked Edition is large so I don't know how many options that leaves us for shells, etc.

make the 83+ version an app
MissingIntellect

Posted: 20 Feb 2006 12:36:19 am    Post subject:

elfprince13 wrote:
DigiTan wrote:
The 83+ port has me worried the most.  There were a lot of program write-backs used to save space so that may have to be converted somehow.  The Linked Edition is large so I don't know how many options that leaves us for shells, etc.

make the 83+ version an app
[post="70281"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I believe it is being made an application...that's why it's a challenge to convert it, because you can't do write-back in an application.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Feb 2006 10:55:09 am    Post subject:

which is what AppVars are for.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Feb 2006 04:10:36 pm    Post subject:

Yes, so far I've been unable to find anyone who can/will port to 83+. The revised version (still in progress) has higher graphics compression, so it should be able to fit in 83+ RAM.
katmaster

Posted: 05 Apr 2006 08:10:19 pm    Post subject:

So have you found someone to port it to the 83+ yet?
kalan_vod

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Apr 2006 12:17:22 am    Post subject:

I think leofox was working on that? I hope someone is!!
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Apr 2006 02:15:10 am    Post subject:

Nah, so far there's been no offer to port the game, and for lack of a 83+; the best I could do is assemble it in 83+ and hope it works. Depending on what I'm doing this summer, I might port in the 83+ adjustments, then hand it off to someone else to correct it. I'd suspect everyone's standoffish about the ROM_CALLs and self-modifying code; if I could port those, the commenting would really do the rest of the work. But I'd have start learning 83+ ASM.
kalan_vod

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 Apr 2006 10:18:43 am    Post subject:

Well ROM_CALLs aren't that bad, just slow I think. And for self-modifying code, do you have to have the program unarchived for that? I know cruchy would just use a appdata as a patch, but for the majority people use mirage >.<..Btw what is the program size with all the options and linking? I would think if you include the linking you might have to make it an app. Good luck and if you need someone to test the port I can: kalan_vod@lycos.com Thanks!
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Apr 2006 03:45:23 pm    Post subject:

For the revision I was getting the Stardard Edition down to 22kB, and I think the linked Edition was almost 24kB. Depending on what I do with the minigames, those sizes might go down or stay the same.
kalan_vod

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 Apr 2006 06:13:20 pm    Post subject:

Well if you take out the ROM CALLS, then you will be adding to the size right? Making your own routines, or just use the ION routines or Mirage.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Apr 2006 06:51:19 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, that's true. From what I hear of Mirage, there are some useful ROM_CALLs that will come in handy. It's been a while, but I only remember using 7 ROM_CALLs and I'm sure every calc has them. In order from most-used to least-used, I'd say they were:

1. Load HL <-- (HL)
2. Display small zero-terminated text
5. Display small digits
4. Display small length-indexed text
3. Display large zero-terminated text
6. Locate Variable
7. Create Variable

...if someone could change those to the 83+ or Mirage equavalents, all that's left is changing the saferam addresses and minor fixes to the linking routines.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement