This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Final Fantasy => Your Projects
lolje

Posted: 01 Mar 2006 08:03:41 am    Post subject:

Good work! Looks awesome, but...
there are too many bugs in the game - if you press "End" in the start screen or if you press "Save and Quit" in the menu u get a "ERR:UNDEFINED"-message.
When you scroll to the point where the error happened you see:

Code:
:Recall GDB 1

(You cant recall GDBs which doesn't exist...)

Or when you try to play with your calc "Ti99" by typing in "Y" an Error finishes your game, when you get defeated by the tree-enemy you see the graph screen...
So, please, do some bug fixing to make this beatiful game really playable...

And - when you speak with the guardian at the castle and press enter - it the whole map is getting drawn again! (Same problem in the battle mode)
Thats not very intelligent - before you draw the text of the guardian you should store the picture and load it after you read the text. This would increase the speed massivly.
(For those things I for example always use Pic0)

What I can say about this game so far is:
+awesome graphics (I like especially the start menu)
+acceptable speed
+many,many points to interact with objects
+only 1 file!!! (I hate those games with thousands of subroutines - Good work!)

-Full of distubing bugs and errors
-Save-Function doesn't really work
-(I was not able to see all the content cause of errors...)

After all: Sounds good, looks good ;
Fix the bugs, add some stuff and it will become one of the best rpgs so far!
Keep up the good work!
(I know you already spent very much time into this project ... keep up working!)
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Mar 2006 10:04:07 am    Post subject:

for the Quest battle engine I made I used a factorial function for how much to the next level, and an exponential function for how many you gain from a battle.

something like this

Code:
levelup = (curlevel!)/(2*curlevel)
exp = oldexp + (2^enemylevel)/4

tweek it how you like, thats the basic idea.
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 03 Mar 2006 12:11:23 am    Post subject:

hey, thanks! i didnt know anyone actually downloaded it! im really glad you think it was good! (minus the errors) i know of alot of these errors, i know its pretty much unplayable, but i just cant get up enough to fix all of these things, especially after seeing some of the great graphics and features in upcoming projects, also, pretty much all of the TI ram is used for this program, if i were to fix it, i dont know that i would have enough room!
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Mar 2006 12:48:02 am    Post subject:

go on to Goose's new optimize channel (you can even use the irc mod here. just /join #optimize.

Im sure you can crank down on the size.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement