This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Math and Science => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Mar 2006 08:33:40 pm    Post subject:

On the more recent ones, such as the 2000 AIME, I read:

The publication, reproduction, or communication of the problems or solutions of the AIME during the period when students are eligible to participate, seriously jeopardizes the integrity of the results. Duplication at any time via copier, telephone, email, world wide web, or media of any type is a violation of the copyright law.

Oh and there is a copyright notice on all packets. However, I've seen them distributed by math teachers before. If you do give out the problems, stick to old ones and don't give out a whole competition. I don't want to see copyright problems or face problems with "integrity of the results."

Last edited by Guest on 07 Mar 2006 08:36:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 07 Mar 2006 10:59:11 pm    Post subject:

I probably would do stuff like this if I got over my concentration issues. I have a great average in math but I can't concentrate. My teacher understands this and gives me all the time I need but a big contest like this would not.
chipmaster

Posted: 07 Mar 2006 11:11:03 pm    Post subject:

You do have 3 hours to complete it. How much time do you need?

I guess I won't post them. I didn't realize it was such a big deal, I mean they use different questions for the second one.... Cool
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Mar 2006 07:25:02 pm    Post subject:

They also make money by selling the questions later.
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 08 Mar 2006 08:39:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Severe ADD. Nuff said.
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 08 Mar 2006 08:40:43 pm    Post subject:

Really? My ADD just vanishes into thin air whenever math is involved. I do have a mild form of ADD.
chipmaster

Posted: 08 Mar 2006 09:18:58 pm    Post subject:

Super Speler wrote:
Quote:

Severe ADD. Nuff said.
[post="71705"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I have more of an OCD problem, which benefeits my math skills. I can't stop working on the problem with all of my focus until it is done and i have checked it a bazillion times Smile
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 08 Mar 2006 09:36:00 pm    Post subject:

I'm just naturally good at math and interested in this sort of stuff due to my Asperger's syndrome, a strange brain disorder that some consider a form of High-functioning autism. My mind is a strange blend of Asperger's syndrome and ADD...
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 08 Mar 2006 10:37:58 pm    Post subject:

Mine isn't so bad now that I started medicine but... still I have trouble with big tests like that.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement