This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Final Fantasy => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Final Fantasy

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 May 2006 04:32:56 pm    Post subject:

He might have attachement-posting privilages since he's a UTI Member. If not, a mod or admin could always do it. How much source (and other data) are we talking anyway?
kygora

Posted: 26 May 2006 10:32:41 am    Post subject:

ok i got the game on my calc

i takes up so much memory i was wonderin if anybody cared if i used xlib to halve th amount of memory it takes but not change the game play oh and make it go faster
SilverCalcKnight
|_

Posted: 26 May 2006 11:15:05 am    Post subject:

Sorry to break it to you, but yes, some of us would care if you used xLib. While it's advantages are large and substantial, it's disadvantage is as well: it's big. Very big. Bigger than Patrick Deul. Like, so big, that it causes your calc's waistline to expand 3 inches. Very Happy
All analogies aside, some of us would mind, but others will not. I personally don't care, but that's because I have the TI-84+SE and that has more archive space than a library. Arrgh, I need to stop now...
By the way, if I were you, I'd activate your Flame Shield® now...

-SilverCalcKnight-
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 26 May 2006 11:28:04 pm    Post subject:

notice with the game there was only ONE file, One file for the WHOLE game, that is all i would like to see saved in the transfer of pwnership
kygora

Posted: 27 May 2006 07:59:21 pm    Post subject:

ok ill make two versions xlib and non xlib

but the non xlib one will take up all the ram due to the fact it already takes 20000 ram

Last edited by Guest on 27 May 2006 07:59:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 27 May 2006 08:20:15 pm    Post subject:

Neutral or you could just optimize your code and learn to display sprites on your own.
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 May 2006 10:56:20 am    Post subject:

lol
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 May 2006 11:11:01 am    Post subject:

kygora wrote:
i takes up so much memory i was wonderin if anybody cared if i used xlib to halve th amount of memory it takes but not change the game play oh and make it go faster[post="80663"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Sounds like a valid reason. : )

Quote:
Sorry to break it to you, but yes, some of us would care if you used xLib. While it's advantages are large and substantial, it's disadvantage is as well: it's big. Very big. Bigger than Patrick Deul. Like, so big, that it causes your calc's waistline to expand 3 inches.
If the overall installation is smaller nobody should mind about the size of xLib itself.

Quote:
ok ill make two versions xlib and non xlib
Good idea. : )

Quote:
Neutral or you could just optimize your code and learn to display sprites on your own.
Maybe it's just me, but could you express your ego trips somewhere else? Comments like these are getting really old, not to mention unwarranted since he says he will make 2 versions one with and one without xlib.

Last edited by Guest on 28 May 2006 11:14:48 am; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 May 2006 06:44:55 pm    Post subject:

I still can't get over how cool that trailer was. Is there a MovieMaker prog for window ME machines? (Don't ask why I can't upgrade)
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 May 2006 06:50:25 pm    Post subject:

Adobe Premiere is supposed to be good.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 May 2006 07:13:20 pm    Post subject:

Hmm... all I can find is Premire 2.0 for XP. I'll look for 1.0 but they sure make it a pain to find old software. My have to borrow Babyboy's computer. You'll mail it to me right? Wink
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 May 2006 09:54:23 pm    Post subject:

you dont want this one, i can put any service packs on it because it needs a BIOS update to handle it, but there are pins missing on my motherboard so i cant put a floppy in Razz, besides, movie maker is on any version of XP, just find a 486, it may be a little pokey, but if you can find 64mb worth of SIMMs you could make a movie eventually (20 min startup time)

Last edited by Guest on 28 May 2006 09:55:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 May 2006 10:56:21 pm    Post subject:

Arcane Wizard wrote:
Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but could you express your ego trips somewhere else? Comments like these are getting really old, not to mention unwarranted since he says he will make 2 versions one with and one without xlib.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=ego%20trip wrote:
ego trip n : an act undertaken to increase your own power and influence or to draw attention to your own importance [syn: self-aggrandizement, self-aggrandisement]

please explain how my comment was an ego trip.

1) Babyboy had already requested that it be done in pure Basic.
2) Kygora flatly said he was going to do it in xLib.
3) I suggested Kygora learn to optimize and display his own sprites.

somehow my last comment seems to you to be an ego trip. Im not sure how. With a program that size, chances are he can cut out at least 2000 bytes just by optimizing, especially since at this point he hasn't done much work on it, and optimizing someone else's code is always easier.
Displaying sprites on your own shouldn't be that hard. Babyboy already has the routines in place unless I am very much mistaken.
That was also a not so blunt statement that when you get handed a project, its generally polite to honor the previous authors wishes, especially after he gives you 20000 bytes worth of code on a basic project. thats close to 2000 lines of code.
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 May 2006 09:06:22 am    Post subject:

i think it was just the way you said it that came off as mean.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 May 2006 02:39:31 pm    Post subject:

in that case I hope Kygora will accept this apology.
kygora

Posted: 30 May 2006 10:36:50 am    Post subject:

elfprince13 wrote:
Arcane Wizard wrote:
Quote:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=ego%20trip wrote:
ego trip n : an act undertaken to increase your own power and influence or to draw attention to your own importance [syn: self-aggrandizement, self-aggrandisement]

please explain how my comment was an ego trip.

1) Babyboy had already requested that it be done in pure Basic.
2) Kygora flatly said he was going to do it in xLib.
3) I suggested Kygora learn to optimize and display his own sprites.

somehow my last comment seems to you to be an ego trip. Im not sure how. With a program that size, chances are he can cut out at least 2000 bytes just by optimizing, especially since at this point he hasn't done much work on it, and optimizing someone else's code is always easier.
Displaying sprites on your own shouldn't be that hard. Babyboy already has the routines in place unless I am very much mistaken.
That was also a not so blunt statement that when you get handed a project, its generally polite to honor the previous authors wishes, especially after he gives you 20000 bytes worth of code on a basic project. thats close to 2000 lines of code.
[post="80938"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

its not the sprite that makes it big its the backgrounds and i just turning them into picture variables
SilverCalcKnight
|_

Posted: 30 May 2006 10:45:55 am    Post subject:

Alright, could we stop now?
He said he would do two versions: xLib and non-xLib. Enough to make both sides of the community happy.
@Kygora:And, yes, optimizing would be nice. Don't be afraid of it, it's going to creep into your code sometime. We have many people here who can help. Isn't that the point of this community? Helping each other create the finest programs we can create?
</cheesy rant>
Mmmm...cheese...I'm hungry for cheese now...
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 May 2006 12:12:18 pm    Post subject:

can you post a sample background? I would like to try an experiment...
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 31 Dec 2006 09:25:19 pm    Post subject:

im switching from the lbl infested "own room" design to a linear, If oriented design, should take some of the repeated code out. not much progress. the intro is to long to make a good one, ill post the mpg

nevermind, cant get capture to work, and vti messes up image, use your imagination.

Last edited by Guest on 31 Dec 2006 09:52:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cure

Posted: 31 Dec 2006 10:25:18 pm    Post subject:

Glad to see you're picking this project back up. The trailer earlier this year showed promise. Smile
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 4 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement