This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. UTI Members Chat => General Open Topic
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Sep 2003 12:59:36 pm    Post subject:

I'm curious, why did everyone join United-TI?
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Sep 2003 01:34:08 pm    Post subject:

Because it is supposed to be the almighty cornerstone of the calculator world, and the activity at the calc site (the only other calc related group I ever really participated at all in) slowed to a miserable stop. And since everyone is at one place, UTI, there are more people to discuss and help each other.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Ninjas like you choose United TI.
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 01 Sep 2003 02:19:31 pm    Post subject:

because it rocks this whole darn planet like none other...

:D
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 01 Sep 2003 03:00:40 pm    Post subject:

Not to mention I gave them a hosting offer they couldn't turn down.

--AlienCC
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 01 Sep 2003 04:54:30 pm    Post subject:

Because I wanted to be able to have someone actually use any programms I released. And they have good forums. And bragging rights. And the fact that I think it obligates me to use the forum, so I have an excuse for coming every day (usually.) And...

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Ninjas want to join programming groups.
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
IntrnalDsK

Posted: 01 Sep 2003 05:07:32 pm    Post subject:

Everything has seemed to come to a stop as UTI came around. To stay in the action, I joined. Smile
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 01 Sep 2003 09:18:44 pm    Post subject:

We are sorry for the delay.

We are still working on the website.
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 29 Sep 2003 10:18:48 am    Post subject:

I joined UTI because I joined Calcbasic. Wink
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 29 Sep 2003 04:05:44 pm    Post subject:

What's our site going to have anyway?
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 29 Sep 2003 05:35:04 pm    Post subject:

well, we know its gonna have forums! i think it will also have a program archive, etc.
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 29 Sep 2003 07:05:15 pm    Post subject:

The main page will have
* UTI News
* UTI Program Archives
* UTI Forum
* UTI Email

There are of course other planned features that will be implemented at a later time. Such as user karma, and commenting to New items, etc.

The Program Archive section is already programmed and functional, but could probably use a few updates like the md5sum that I haven't written yet. Screenshots will also be a feature added at a later time.

--AlienCC
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 30 Sep 2003 08:05:04 am    Post subject:

Will we be able to visit the site without logging out of the forums? cause i think that would be really nice Smile
yugniht

Posted: 30 Sep 2003 07:51:58 pm    Post subject:

Arcane Wizard wrote:

well, you didn't answer your own question. Why did you join? I joined because of Outer Limit and because UTI has the potential to be the best programming group out there.
NextPerception

Posted: 30 Sep 2003 08:44:03 pm    Post subject:

i joined because i wanted to contribute and because uti looked like the best option for someone in my situation.
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 30 Sep 2003 08:58:13 pm    Post subject:

When did you become a member?
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 01 Oct 2003 03:31:38 am    Post subject:

The forum authentication works independantly of the actual website, so it is very unlikely that the authentication for both will ever be integrated, however simply adding a www. to the beginning of your url when visiting the forum will add great results to your not logging out unintentionally.

There are many reasons I joined that will never be listed. However, I seem to have a history of programming TI's, even though I have not done that for a couple years now.
My strengths are among other areas now, and my old programs can be stockpiled to the UTI archives if people wish. But one of the main reasons I joined is because I see a lot of potential in UTI with the collaboration and cooperation of the members.

United-TI will have its name listed among TI fame if the members keep up the participation, we seem to have the best forum, we will soon have an official logo once the voting process begins and ends, and the website (main page) will come more together once that is in place. Of course, part of that will be dependant on the members to have quality programs for the program archive.

--AlienCC
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Oct 2003 09:19:43 am    Post subject:

yugniht wrote:
Arcane Wizard wrote:

well, you didn't answer your own question. Why did you join? I joined because of Outer Limit and because UTI has the potential to be the best programming group out there.

I didn't really want to join a programming group since there are so many of them and it doesn't really mean anything besides, in some cases, that you want to be cool or get attention by joining one so you can say 'Look at me, I'm in a programming group!' and I thought UTI would become a more professional programming group (not that it isn't!) mainly because JBirk, John, David, Justin, Maarten, etc. (the Cirrus team) would be in it. Also for fun and because I liked the Cirrus forum with all it's members and stuff.

Last edited by Guest on 02 Oct 2003 09:22:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement