This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-Freak8x subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Pokemon Purple => TI-Freak8x
United-TI Archives -> Pokemon Purple

» Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 24 Jun 2006 09:09:22 am    Post subject:

I don't know if you all have seen my version of Pokemon yet, you can download the latest version here: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/382/38297.html

some screenshots:

That is of Pallet Town. There are more leading to Veridian, I believe it is called, but not all of it is complete. The buildings are not yet ready to be entered, that is one of the many things that I am working on for the next release.

Here are some other misc. screenshots:

Upcoming release items:

Enter into buildings in Pallet and Veridian.
Add maps through Pewter, at the very least, might add all the way to cave.
Add Pokedex system, with all Pokemon
Add dynamic item menu
Add pokemon Party menu (not entirely sure how to accomplish this yet Wink)

I might add other things as I get to it, but for now, this is what I am shooting for.

Oh, did I mention that this game, save 2 asm programs, the Titlescreen, which was made in rigview, and prgmRESOURCE, which allows the use of the archive, is made entirely in BASIC??

Well, I hope to see some english remarks in here, makes it easier than tryin to figure out the google translator ;)

As I get more info, I will post about it.

This game is only about 2-3% complete.

Edit: Here are some sprites for the Pokemon. They are stored in hex in a string and converted using the hex-2-sprite prog that weregoose severely optimized. :D

Pokemon #1 in color:
http://www.tifreakware.calcgames.org/tifre...n/ss/poke1a.bmp

Pokemon #1 on calc:
http://www.tifreakware.calcgames.org/tifre...s/poke1calc.bmp

Pokemon #2 in color:
http://www.tifreakware.calcgames.org/tifre...n/ss/poke2a.bmp

Pokemon #2 on calc:
http://www.tifreakware.calcgames.org/tifre...s/poke2calc.bmp

Last edited by Guest on 24 Jun 2006 12:34:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 25 Jun 2006 12:56:32 am    Post subject:

Yeah I remember checking up on this one at omnimaga. Good luck on the latest version.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 25 Jun 2006 09:51:38 pm    Post subject:

This is a screenshot of the item screen. The bottom box is for an icon for the TM/HM, but I need to make one that is decent first. ;)

The little 6 pixel long space at the bottom of each icon is where the indicator will go, to denote which section you are on.

Edit:

Got the new icon for the tm/hm stuff, and after some frustrating work, I have gotten it to display the items list correctly. Now to build in the cursor stuff...

Last edited by Guest on 26 Jun 2006 10:31:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 28 Jun 2006 07:12:03 pm    Post subject:

Sorry about double posting, but it involved a screenshot ;)

Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 29 Jun 2006 07:31:14 am    Post subject:

That looks pretty nice. Really good speed too.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 29 Jun 2006 11:33:51 am    Post subject:

Thing is, it is a whole lot faster on calc then on the emu. And for some reason it doesn't like the left and bottom border... <.< Not entirely sure why that is...

I also found and killed a bug in the cursor routine, I am thinking about setting up something that would show if you can go to the next page or not...

The next thing I am going to do is make it show the cursor for each pocket, and be able to select them.
programmer_to_be
Jesus is my Lord and Saviour.

Elite

Posted: 01 Jul 2006 09:58:48 pm    Post subject:

Wow. I haven't posted in a while. But ummm....is this on the graphscreen or homescreen? I'm guessing both...Laughing

After looking at all the updates for your Pokemon, I want to work on mine some more. I haven't updated it in a while.
chipmaster

Posted: 01 Jul 2006 11:00:33 pm    Post subject:

What amazes me is how close to the game he has stayed; look at Pallet Town to begin with. You're sprites look very accurate and the drawings (apart from the homescreen town - which doesn't look bad) are just great. How you're going to be able to store the stats of hundreds of Pokemon is a mystery to me, but I believe that you are the man to do it. I'll be looking forward to any releases you come out with. Do you have any idea of how long the game will take to make?
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 02 Jul 2006 12:55:05 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the compliments!! The hard part for the map was to find decent ascii characters to help make the maps look like the original. So far things are moving along nicely with that. :lol:

As to the Pokemon data, yeah, that is still in the works, though I have decided on one thing... Each "stat" will have its own list. Each list will have 151 elements to it. This will be the most effective way to deal with the stats. I have decided, for obvious mem reasons, that I will not be including the text for the Pokedex. I may cut the battle animations, though I will still put in the Pokemon themselves. There maybe other, small cuts from the game, but if I can get the overall feel of the game down in a BASIC game that is as massive as Pokemon, who cares about the little things, right? Razz
chipmaster

Posted: 02 Jul 2006 02:19:58 am    Post subject:

tifreak8x wrote:
If I can get the overall feel of the game down in a BASIC game that is as massive as Pokemon, who cares about the little things, right? Razz
[post="83262"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree wholeheartedly Smile Will the map of the world include the entire world? Or will it be an abriged version? From what I can remember from playing pokemon on my gameboy (which is very little), that world was huge.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 02 Jul 2006 08:23:07 pm    Post subject:

I am going all out on the maps, If I can. There might be small differences in it, but it should not be super noticable.

Just thought I would post a ss of what the items menu looked like when all items were >0...

Last edited by Guest on 02 Jul 2006 09:54:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 12 Jul 2006 11:10:11 pm    Post subject:

http://www.tifreakware.calcgames.org/tifre...on/ss/arbok.bmp

This is an image of Pokemon #24, or known as Arbok. :)

What do you think??
chipmaster

Posted: 12 Jul 2006 11:24:10 pm    Post subject:

Wow, that's great! The quality is superb. Smile
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 13 Jul 2006 07:27:05 am    Post subject:

Right on awesome! Keep up the good work.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 13 Jul 2006 08:01:07 am    Post subject:

ok, I have decided to make a ss page for Pokemon, so you guys can see all the images. This should not take a whole lot of time, most of the time will be spent trying to get the images from the calc.

Edit:

What do you think. Very Happy

Last edited by Guest on 13 Jul 2006 06:21:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 13 Jul 2006 06:45:12 pm    Post subject:

Looks pretty realistic.

On a side note. Are you using xLib for the sprites or some no lib meathod?
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Jul 2006 07:16:33 pm    Post subject:

He's using this, I think. (Reading through the thread confirms it.)

The Pikachu looks great. Really great. Laughing
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 13 Jul 2006 10:22:13 pm    Post subject:

thanks. :)

Yes, they are being displayed by Hex2Sprite, and helping me make them is Sprite2Hex: http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?download=211

Things go along pretty well sprite wise, as long as I am not on IRC :)

Edit:

There you go, another one complete.

Last edited by Guest on 14 Jul 2006 04:30:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 25 Jul 2006 07:58:43 am    Post subject:

Thought I would update you all on progress:

I was converting a tutorial to html, and for the most part, that has been completed. Right now we are going through the document, and fixing spelling errors.

As to Pokemon, I picked it back up again, and have been pushing to get the sprites complete. I have managed to get around 12 more done in the past 2 days, and will hopefully have #50 done by this evening. At this rate, I expect the sprites to be done by mid-next month. Smile
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 01 Aug 2006 08:24:09 am    Post subject:

Completed up to #82 of 151 last night, I hope to have at least 5 more done today. I might try to push a little harder and get 10 done, but who knows. Smile
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 13 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement