This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-Freak8x subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Pokemon Purple => TI-Freak8x
United-TI Archives -> Pokemon Purple

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 27 May 2007 11:52:27 am    Post subject:

Neutral leofox, those maps are awesome! I especially like the one on the right, since the trail is clearly distinguished.
justusdude

Advanced Member

Posted: 27 May 2007 12:34:08 pm    Post subject:

I like the second one.
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 27 May 2007 02:49:09 pm    Post subject:

I prefer the second one, since the trail is more distinguishable. I like the new pokemon...Mewtank? Does it have three feet of insulation from incoming short range missiles, too? Razz
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 27 May 2007 02:53:52 pm    Post subject:

I definitely choose the first pic(left) and that is because it is more realistic to the pokemon gold and silver I play. The trails are NOT distinguished in the games(the ones I have played). It is closer to the original.
justusdude

Advanced Member

Posted: 27 May 2007 03:07:34 pm    Post subject:

baorder54 wrote:
I definitely choose the first pic(left) and that is because it is more realistic to the pokemon gold and silver I play.  The trails are NOT distinguished in the games(the ones I have played).  It is closer to the original.
[post="105698"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The gameboy has 4 color grayscale though. So it won't look the same either way.
Gray+White=Visible
White+White=Invisible

Last edited by Guest on 27 May 2007 03:08:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 27 May 2007 03:16:44 pm    Post subject:

justusdude wrote:
baorder54 wrote:
I definitely choose the first pic(left) and that is because it is more realistic to the pokemon gold and silver I play.  The trails are NOT distinguished in the games(the ones I have played).  It is closer to the original.
[post="105698"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The gameboy has 4 color grayscale though. So it won't look the same either way.
Gray+White=Visible
White+White=Invisible
[post="105699"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Are you saying that you can't see the routes correctly? Because I can see them perfectly. I played on gbc, and that had color. It still looks fine, bordering the routes makes the routes seem skinny, where the left pic, is more proportional to the original.
justusdude

Advanced Member

Posted: 27 May 2007 03:20:03 pm    Post subject:

I see them okay. But the second pic is more defined and sharper than having the routes blend in with every other blank space on the map.

Last edited by Guest on 27 May 2007 03:41:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 27 May 2007 04:26:30 pm    Post subject:

I can't really say which one I like better. The second one has clear trails, but in the game, like baorder says, the trails aren't really outlined.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 27 May 2007 05:45:15 pm    Post subject:

baorder54 wrote:
Are you saying that you can't see the routes correctly?  Because I can see them perfectly.  I played on gbc, and that had color.  It still looks fine, bordering the routes makes the routes seem skinny, where the left pic, is more proportional to the original.
[post="105701"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Yes, that was my reasoning too. However, it does make it a lot more visible, and also allows for defining the mountaints more.

On a related note, what do people think of Mewtank? I kinda put more work in that than the remake of the town map..
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 27 May 2007 05:49:36 pm    Post subject:

Mewtank... Hmm...
Well, first off, it has an odd name Wink
And the attacks it learns without HMs/TMs kind of... suck.
But it's up to tifreak: Whether he wants to add yet another pokemon, or not.
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 27 May 2007 06:52:16 pm    Post subject:

I really like the right map of leofox, bordering the lines makes them easy to recognise, and you need that with a b/w screen.

as for mewtank, the name reminds me of miltank. the name is weard, but the sprite looks good. but why is his type normal.

I agree with Xphoenix, the attacks he learns with level aren't that good, I think rest is the best of them.

as for tm/hm, he has a LOT of attacking moves for a defending pokemon. attacks like Take Down, Blizzard, Hyper Beam, Dragon Rage, Thunder, Earthquake, psychic and Rock Slide aren't suited for a defending pokemon. attacks like harden and confuse ray are better IMO.

overall, I don't think he does justise for mew and mewtwo, as he is kinda a rippof from mewtwo (just with better defense than attack).

I also don't think tifreak8x should include more pokemon, 151 is more than enough for a basic calc game, and if he is going to include more pokemon, than I don't think it should be fake/fan pokemon.

if tifreak8x is going to include more pokemon, than I vote for lugia since he has ties with articuno, zapdos and moltres, which are already in the game.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 27 May 2007 07:29:34 pm    Post subject:

Well, I have 165 different attacks written to paper, and given a value and a value that links it to a type of attack, like normal, electric, etc.

Now to just type it in the calc...
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 27 May 2007 07:30:49 pm    Post subject:

I agree. I don't like the idea of adding in new pokemon (copyright??) It might make the game seem like a parody, when tifreak8x is trying to make a dead on replica.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 27 May 2007 09:32:28 pm    Post subject:

Well, I will try to set up a poll for this a lil bit later...

Anywho, some progress, all 165 attack names are now stored on the calc. This will allow me to move forward with a few of the other aspects of the building process Razz
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 27 May 2007 09:37:58 pm    Post subject:

Wow, that's a ton of info.
How are you storing the data?

A new compression algorithm right? One that puts WinRAR to shame Razz
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 27 May 2007 10:05:37 pm    Post subject:

lol, I wish. :P

The names are being stored in a string, pretty much it... :/
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 27 May 2007 10:06:39 pm    Post subject:

Would storing it to a gigantic list (1 attack per element, compressed) help, or would that hurt?
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 27 May 2007 10:22:30 pm    Post subject:

That would be a big list...

So do you have each moves' type as well?
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 27 May 2007 10:31:53 pm    Post subject:

Well, each pokemon list (LP1-LP6) has a spot for the cooresponding value to the name of each attack. They also have spots in there for the accuracy and attack strength of each attack, plus PP amount and max, plus element type. Smile
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 May 2007 08:18:32 am    Post subject:

vuurrobin wrote:
I really like the right map of leofox, bordering the lines makes them easy to recognise, and you need that with a b/w screen.

as for mewtank, the name reminds me of miltank. the name is weard, but the sprite looks good. but why is his type normal.

I agree with Xphoenix, the attacks he learns with level aren't that good, I think rest is the best of them.

as for tm/hm, he has a LOT of attacking moves for a defending pokemon. attacks like Take Down, Blizzard, Hyper Beam, Dragon Rage, Thunder, Earthquake, psychic and Rock Slide aren't suited for a defending pokemon. attacks like harden and confuse ray are better IMO.

overall, I don't think he does justise for mew and mewtwo, as he is kinda a rippof from mewtwo (just with better defense than attack).

I also don't think tifreak8x should include more pokemon, 151 is more than enough for a basic calc game, and if he is going to include more pokemon, than I don't think it should be fake/fan pokemon.

if tifreak8x is going to include more pokemon, than I vote for lugia since he has ties with articuno, zapdos and moltres, which are already in the game.
[post="105738"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
I specifically gave Mewtank those attacks because they are defensey. Barrier + Rest = unbeatable. His type is normal because they don't have much weaknesses, and he mostly uses the normal attacks.
As about the TMs, the Mew family has always learned a ton of TMs. He actually learns the same amount as Mewtwo. The reason that most of those are attackey is simple: most TMs are attacks by nature, there are not much defensive moves in there at all. I think that for TMs, Mewtank can learn all the defensive moves. I agree with the Confuse Ray though, that would be good in its standard moveset.

As for it being a rip off of Mewtwo, yes it kinda is. However, the newer pokemon games have always featured a pair of legendaries, similar to eachother but focussing on other aspects. Think Ho-oh <> Lugia, Kyogre <> Groudon (special <> physical here) and Dialga <> Palkia. The first generation games miss a pair like that. The idea behind this was that Red gets Mewtwo and Blue Mewtank in the end (although how exactly is up to tifreak). A calc-exclusive pokemon would be kinda cool imo, even if it's only one.

As for it sucking in battle.. I would NOT want to have this as an opponent. If you thought Snorlax took ages to beat Wink. In that way, it really does justice to Mewtwo, Mewtwo being the uber-sweeper and Mewtank being the uber-tank.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 12 of 13 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement