This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Cemetech News and Announcements subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Announcements => Cemetech News and Announcements
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Aug 2006 06:07:15 am    Post subject:

leofox wrote:
If you hold a contest and only get 1 entry, when multiple people say they would've entered something good if they had just a little more time, posting good designs, you might want to think about what you did wrong.
Rezek didn't start working on his until after the contest the over, and he managed to get it out on the same day.

Don't tell me two weeks wasn't enough time.

–Goose

Last edited by Guest on 24 Aug 2006 06:11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 24 Aug 2006 06:30:31 am    Post subject:

Hey guys, this type of discussion ought not to be so. UTI can create the contest however they want to. If you didn't enter it's either your own fault or you were gone the entire time. In any case it is done now, and they are not going to change anything, so stop complaining. If you want to rant go to a different forum.

@ Jaccabus: Excellent job on coming up with a design and finishing it withing the time limit. Good job not procrastinating, and your entry has a cool old school look to it.
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 24 Aug 2006 06:36:47 am    Post subject:

Now the Design Contest is over, what about the ASM contest?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Aug 2006 07:07:54 am    Post subject:

The only feedback I can give on how to improve the contest is by announcing it before it starts as was done with the TiBasic contest before.

The way it went was fine though, IMHO.
axcho

Posted: 24 Aug 2006 01:29:15 pm    Post subject:

I apologize for not entering a design. I've also been gone and busy, but I probably could have done a simple design if I knew that a simple design would be sufficient. I'm sorry.
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 24 Aug 2006 11:46:54 pm    Post subject:

leofox wrote:
If you hold a contest and only get 1 entry, when multiple people say they would've entered something good if they had just a little more time, posting good designs, you might want to think about what you did wrong.
[post="86954"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The contest was held, an entry was submitted, and now we have a winner. Therefore the contest was a success, the way in which we held the contest was not wrong.

Welcome to real life, the world does not revolve around you.

--AlienCC
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 25 Aug 2006 12:04:30 am    Post subject:

leofox wrote:
[post="86954"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Weregoose handled this matter in a prfessonal manner. I was impressed with his proper handling of this contest. The issue was not time, but the issue was the rules. United-TI always sticks to its rules and promises.

In other words, Weregoose told you the exact second and timezone the contest closes, so there was no doubt how long you had. Please do not harrase the UTI-STAFF.

Please understand that when we post a contest, an offer, a prize, or any terms and conditons, we adhere to them like a legal contract at United-TI.

Thanks

Last edited by Guest on 25 Aug 2006 12:07:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 25 Aug 2006 12:06:49 am    Post subject:

I have to agree that if there's only one entry then the contest probably needs to be extended - Else it's not a contest, now is it?

However, I would think it unfair to Jacobbus to not send him a shirt, after all he did create a winning design on time. While it's not my money being spent, I'd recommend sending him a shirt (either of his design or if he wants to wait for the next) and then reopen the contest until Labor Day (Sept. 4th) sending this second winner a shirt also.

My $0.02
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 4 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement