This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
lolje

Posted: 13 Aug 2006 07:57:54 am    Post subject:

This is the main-Topic about my Strategy game Age of culture II (short form AOCII), which is written in Ti-basic(+xLIB).

You may post suggestions, questions and all that stuff here.

Short Description
As the name suggests, Age of Culture was inspired by the famous computer game 'Age of Empires', but was also influenced by other important strategy games as Warcraft III, for example.
While playing the game you will notice that there are two different interfaces:
The first one is the real time based economy-mode, where you can build, recruit, scroll, wage war, save (of course) and all that stuff.
After having set up an army, you will get to know the round based battle mode, which might remind you on games like 'Chess', 'Advance Wars' for the Game Boy Advance or maybe the Nintendo DS Version of 'Age of Empires'.
The game features two types of resources, gold and wood, three different maps, which are fully scrollable, five difficulties, five different unit types of both wide and low range attack, a moderate AI Player and a very rudimentary cheating tool.
I hope you enjoy it.

Here are some Screenshots of the latest version:

Notes: The title screen is a greyscale pixel art by Spellshaper,
The Screenshots are animated gifs showing the actual gameplay.
You may notice that they are displaying ten parts of one Session consecutively.

Features
- real-time economy mode
- round-based battle mode
- 3 different scrollable maps
- 5 difficulties
- 5 different types of units
- a moderate AI-Player

To do list
- integration of smith
(- Different gameplay modes)

AOC II runs on the following calculators:
- TI-84+ (OS-Version 2.30, I don't know about the recent updates...), Ti 84+ Silver Edition
- TI 83+, Ti 83+ Silver Edition

Compatible with: Ti 83+, , Ti 84+, Wabbitemu (Emulator)

Download: AOCII v0.89 is included as attachement.
Release Date: March the 5th of 2010

Last edited by Guest on 15 Nov 2010 07:49:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 13 Aug 2006 01:07:55 pm    Post subject:

You seem to be releasing plenty of updates for AOC and AOC II. How about your own project subforum?
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 13 Aug 2006 02:39:21 pm    Post subject:

lolje deserves UTI membership now (even if he's alerady Omnimaga staff) and indeed a sub forum... and a name change to xlibman_jr.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Aug 2006 08:43:16 pm    Post subject:

xlibman wrote:
lolje deserves UTI membership now (even if he's alerady Omnimaga staff) and indeed a sub forum... and a name change to xlibman_jr.
[post="86176"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

haha. I like that. and excellent work on AOC2 lolje.
Cure

Posted: 13 Aug 2006 09:57:38 pm    Post subject:

The graphics look terrific! Better than what I see in some ASM games!
lolje

Posted: 19 Aug 2006 08:12:32 am    Post subject:

Here comes the next version; version 0.5.

New features:
-Stable-menu
-Better, Smoother, Faster cursor
-the Pause-menu which feels really awesome.
You can change the game speed, change the contrast and save.
(This menu is so perfectly graphical... check it out!!!)

-and also a little Readme (includes just Installing instructions and credits, 'Usage' will come later.)

Download is *as always* attached(does that verb exist???) in the first post.

EDIT:
good news: I began with the battle mode. Smile
bad news: I need Sprites for every soldier-type Sad
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Aug 2006 08:27:40 am    Post subject:

Neutral that looks incredible. I get home on Tuesday and Ill be able to test it for you.
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 19 Aug 2006 08:48:13 pm    Post subject:

If you want sprites, just say what types of soldiers you want and their sizes. I can try to help and I'm sure others would give their hand at it.
lolje

Posted: 20 Aug 2006 08:31:23 am    Post subject:

Oh, I'd need 8*8 b&w sprites - one for each type of soldier:

-recruit (Foot-soldier)

-trooper (Foot-soldier+sword)
-archer (Foot-soldier+bow)

-rider (soldier on horse+sword)
-hunter (soldier on horse+bow)

You can post them in .gif/.jpg/.png or any other format.

EDIT: This is the re-release of version 0.5; I uploaded the wrong files, but now the file attached in the first post is really the new verison with the pause menu and the stable-menu.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Aug 2006 10:28:09 am    Post subject:

Recruit

Trooper/Archer

Rider/Hunter

If they don't suit you, then here—I accidentally made this peasant-like thing:

The above images are zoomed in 200%. Here is a RAR with the original sizes: Click
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 21 Aug 2006 06:19:29 am    Post subject:

Sorry, I haven't been able to do any work on making sprites. I'll try this afternoon. My life has been swamped with sending my brothers off to college, cross country, and finishing up my summer reading before school starts.

I question. I liked the game, at least what parts I could do, but what is the name of the Pic supposed to be, when I tried transfering, my comp didn't like the name and I couldn't find what number to make it.

Edit: I got the game working fine and loved it. The graphics are really good, and the speed is incredible. I can't wait to see how the battle engine will be improved from AOC1. The menu system works great, and the controls are very easy to figure out. One problem is you can only build 10 soldiers, I couldn't figure out how to build more houses, I'm sure you are just not done coding yet. The graphics for each building could be better, right now they are just nondescript buildings, and can't be easily determined what is supposed to be what. I'll think of other suggestions after I experiment around with it for a while.

Here are the sprites that I made up, the horses are just plain horses and don't have any sword or arrows on the pictures now. I took some of weregooses Ideas for helmets, but those are probably the best helmets you can use in an 8 by 8 sprite.

Edit #2:

I knew this was posted sometime awhile back. Sprite Spaces Also has some 8*8 sprites of some of the units you were looking for.

Last edited by Guest on 21 Aug 2006 07:11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
lolje

Posted: 22 Aug 2006 04:01:41 am    Post subject:

Quote:
but what is the name of the Pic supposed to be, when I tried transfering, my comp didn't like the name and I couldn't find what number to make it

This picture is a hacked pic (the number of it would be 100) - that's why it looks so strange ("ZunMin") and why you need to pack it in a group when you send it to your calculator...
But in the .zip-file it's already grouped and I wrote a very detailed Installing-instruction in the readme. Next time please take a look into the readme...

Quote:
One problem is you can only build 10 soldiers

You can't build more soldiers because you couldn't handle them in a roundbased battle mode like I want to make one for AOC II.
Oh I see - you didn't know because just said it in the omnimaga-forum;
Quote:
I will brobably make a roundbased battlemode (Like in the game 'Advance Wars' for the game boy advance) ,where your units and the enemies walk and fight on the same map which you see when you move the cursor. That'll lead to a unit-limit, but thus shouldn't be a problem.

Quote:
I couldn't figure out how to build more houses

I that would have been a question I could have given you a very simple answer: There is no worker-limit like in AOC I.

About the sprites; That's really great work!!! I'll use them, but maybe edit the sprites a little bit.

Last edited by Guest on 22 Jun 2007 02:03:27 am; edited 1 time in total
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 22 Aug 2006 07:40:00 am    Post subject:

lolje wrote:
This picture is a hacked pic (the number of it would be 100) - that's why it looks so strange ("ZunMin") and why you need to pack it in a group when you send it to your calculator...
But in the .zip-file it's already grouped and I wrote a very detailed Installing-instruction in the readme. Next time please take a look into the readme...

I read the entire readme, but with my version of TI Connect it ungrouped the group as I sent it to the calc. I edited the code to make it work with the name I had to rename it though.

lolje wrote:
You can't build more soldiers because you couldn't handle them in a roundbased battle mode like I want to make one for AOC II.
Oh I see - you didn't know because just said it in the omnimaga-forum;
Quote:
I will brobably make a roundbased battlemode (Like in the game 'Advance Wars' for the game boy advance) ,where your units and the enemies walk and fight on the same map which you see when you move the cursor. That'll lead to a unit-limit, but thus shouldn't be a problem.

Score, I like round based systems. They give a lot of strategy in the actual battles themselves. Have fun making the AI though. It could be challanging.

lolje wrote:
About the sprites; That's really great work!!! I'll use them, but maybe edit the sprites a little bit.

That's what they are there for. Have fun. I hope you have a lot of free time to work on this right now. Unlike my life which is completely swamped. I really am enjoying this so far.
lolje

Posted: 24 Aug 2006 07:47:09 am    Post subject:

ok. Now I edited it a bit and I have the sprites for:
-recruit
-trooper and
-archer

But I can't draw a horse plus a sword or a bow cuz it doesn't fit on a 8*8 area >.<

btw thanks to weregoose for the helmets...
axcho

Posted: 24 Aug 2006 01:07:30 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I knew this was posted sometime awhile back. Sprite Spaces Also has some 8*8 sprites of some of the units you were looking for.
I was going to post that but you beat me to it! Thanks.

For cavalry, try this one. You could probably modify it to have a bow instead of a spear.

By the way, I've been gone for the past week, in case anyone wondered why I hadn't been here in a while.
lolje

Posted: 11 Sep 2006 02:27:43 am    Post subject:

oh, thx axcho! btw great site...

And some progress news:

~25% of the battle mode is done without having any serious problem.
I also started with the AI and when you give me a couple of days I will soon be able to present you a great battle mode with AI...

NEWS EDIT:
Here some screenshots of the battle mode:

As you can see in the screenz, the Battle Mode User Interface is 100% done. As you can NOT see in the screenz, I also added the economy-AI.

Now The To-do list to finish the battle mode:
-AI for the battle mode

NEWS EDIT (2):
Now everything in the Battle-Mode apart from the AI is done :biggrin:

I will start soon to work on it in a few ours when I'm done with Homework () and some Computer-releated Things.

When I'm done you will get the next Version
*looking forward* (Also because I want to play it myself when it's done )

Last edited by Guest on 22 Jun 2007 02:04:43 am; edited 1 time in total
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Sep 2006 06:20:12 am    Post subject:

that is awesome dude
lolje

Posted: 25 Sep 2006 08:05:48 am    Post subject:

Laughing I have got great news for you all! Laughing

The progress of the next AOC-II-Demo is getting closer to the 100 % very fast - which means in short that it will be playable with AI very soon!

I just wanted to inform you about that so that you don't think I would have stopped working... Wink

lolje
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 25 Sep 2006 10:25:32 am    Post subject:

this is an AWESOME looking game, Im downloading it as soon as the finished version comes out
lolje

Posted: 06 Oct 2006 09:21:36 am    Post subject:

Progress (for the next Demo!): approx. 80%

The Battle-Mode is done, which means for you that you will get the next Demo soon! (Which will include a fully functional AI and is still being perfected)
Secondly, I made an animated Screenshot of the Battle-Mode:

This animated screenshot shows the Battle-mode, which I just finished. It doesn't look perfect at all yet but I'm just perfecting it (adding a window 'Your Turn' and scrolling after you end your turn).
It shows a whole Battle between a human player (top) and the AI-enemy (bottom); The beginning is maybe a bit confusing because the players place there soldiers first but just watch the whole 'clip' and then you know what the battle-mode will be like...

Next Demo will be featured soon!
lolje

Last edited by Guest on 29 Jul 2007 04:02:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement