This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Modifications => Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics
Raster

Posted: 18 Sep 2006 07:27:25 pm    Post subject:

Recently it was announced on ticalc.org that Brandon Wilson (brando@chartertn.net), and Michael Vincent (michael@radicalsoft.org) have made a pretty successful program, but it is only for the TI-84.
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/news/articl...139/139572.html

It seems that this idea is going so well, a hard drive probably wont be necessary anymore. But I cant decide myself. What do you guys think? Should I continue, or focus on another project such as the TI-WiFi project that has only been discussed...
Fallen Ghost

Elite

Posted: 18 Sep 2006 07:39:29 pm    Post subject:

I think you should do what you want, not what we want you to do. I don't vote
todlangweilig

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Sep 2006 08:21:20 pm    Post subject:

I would see if you can learn of their method for accessing a drive via usb and see if that would be easier then a harddrive to serial converter? If it is, then get yourself an external hdd case and use usb. If it's not easier, then go with your original plan.

Even though they have interfaced a flash drive, interfacing a harddrive would be just as cool. You would also have a lot of useful experience from doing so. This could be helpful for your projects in the future.

What do you guys think of the Silverlink as a serial to usb adapter? iirc, it's duplex, so data can be sent either way. If it would work, then you can cover both the 83+ and the 84, which would definitely be a cool achievement for us 83+ users out there.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Sep 2006 11:09:26 am    Post subject:

usb or serial works for me, although id prefer USB...
Demon

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Sep 2006 07:26:21 pm    Post subject:

I think you should continue the project and I think I'd prefer for the serial on the 83/84. Especially the 83+. The 84's already have the Flash drive driver going for them, so now it should be the 83+'s turn to be in the spotlight of revolutionary calc technology.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Sep 2006 10:12:22 am    Post subject:

Yeah, I'd say maybe change the project's focus. TI WiFi or bluetooth would worth looking into. Also if you want some USB stuff for 89T I remember people on that slashdot remarking on the flash drive thing not supporting the 68k machines.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement