This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Cemetech News and Announcements subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Announcements => Cemetech News and Announcements
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Nov 2006 08:59:11 pm    Post subject:

As some of you may have seen here, United-TI program archives have just increased by something like 2000% because Ben Trettel donated us the entire archive from former calc.org. It's a lot of work to go through the entire thing, and we need lots of people to do it. Please volunteer!

This being complicated stuff, I want the people who go through the archives to be dedicated and to know what they're doing. So I want you to apply by sending me a PM about it. In the PM, mention calculators you feel comfortable with.

Apply if you
1. have the capacity to keep working on something for a moderately long time
2. have some experience with one or more calculator models (we'll especially need people with the rarer models of calculators)
3. Know the difference between .92p, .8xg, and .zip files.
4. there'll be work for you even if you don't have a calculator, but it would help if you do.

Don't apply if you
1. are going to change your mind about it tomorrow.
2. are going to slack off and do the job poorly.
3. have little time to spend on this.

Please apply! We need people!
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Nov 2006 08:06:44 pm    Post subject:

Are these files still pending or untested?
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Nov 2006 04:18:06 pm    Post subject:

They were up on the calc.org website, so I presume there was some amount of testing going on. I don't know how much; I've found some math programs in there, of the ones I've looked at, that gave the wrong answer, but none that had errors.
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 09 Nov 2006 04:27:57 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I've found some math programs in there, of the ones I've looked at, that gave the wrong answer, but none that had errors.

Haha. Whoops!
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 09 Nov 2006 04:32:59 pm    Post subject:

lol, that is amusing. :)

Oh wait, maybe they did not take into account that new generation of math, where 2+2=5 Wink lol Just Joking
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Nov 2006 04:25:53 pm    Post subject:

i could help a bit, although i can only test 83+ games. I could do some screenshotting too.
Kayshay

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 12 Nov 2006 04:43:55 pm    Post subject:

I can test 83+ and 84+ files.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Nov 2006 04:47:30 pm    Post subject:

Please do this through personal messages, it's much easier that way, thx.
Kayshay

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 12 Nov 2006 05:20:47 pm    Post subject:

i did pm u but u didn't reply
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Nov 2006 05:27:00 pm    Post subject:

I know you have. And I'll reply to all of the applications when they stop coming in.
Kayshay

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 12 Nov 2006 06:06:30 pm    Post subject:

oh sorry i didn't know.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Nov 2006 05:11:44 pm    Post subject:

Well, basically I'm done accepting volunteers (I'll PM people with further instructions in a moment). If you really want to do this and haven't volunteered for a valid reason like death in the family or your house burned down, PM me and if you have a rare calculator (i.e. not an 83 series) I'll let you become part of the answer.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement