This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Website subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Top Management => Website
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Dec 2006 01:24:42 pm    Post subject:

I vaguely recall Demon (previously pyro_xp2k) being asked multiple times in the past to change his signature and his avatar due to high kineticism, large size, and/or violence. His signature is now big and flashy, and his avatar can be considered insulting with its grossness of violence—gross to the effect where I am looking at rule 11 in the Terms and Conditions.

Terms and Conditions wrote:
11. Common sense and better judgment should be used. If you think you are unsure if something is unacceptable, ask a staff member before posting it.

Demon's Avatar: http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2316/masssuicideup4.gif

Demon's Signature

The original (animated) images were lost, but this was the exact shape and space that they occupied:

I propose raising his warning level (again; I notice his has already been reduced over time, and so the moderator's notes have been lost in that regard) because upon donning his avatar, he should have remembered the cautions expressed both by the moderators and the members who have commented on the side. Regardless, I am removing his avatar and his signature and sending him this PM:

Weregoose wrote:
Demon,

I am removing your signature because it is obtrusive (i.e., it impedes smooth reading of the forums).

I am also deleting your avatar for its excessive violence.

Further decisions are pending.

–Weregoose

Last edited by Guest on 14 Apr 2007 07:47:38 am; edited 1 time in total
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 02 Dec 2006 01:58:45 pm    Post subject:

I completely agree. You did the right thing. Since he has 2 bad things signature and avatar, and he has been warned in the past, please warn him twice unless you do not want too. Again, you can do anything you want. Just do it then post what you did to whom and why.

-NETWiz
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Dec 2006 02:11:14 pm    Post subject:

He has been warned twice for the following reasons:

• Excessively violent avatar and obtrusive signature after past warnings.
  • Concatenating with prior warning that had been dropped.
I'll wait a day and then close this thread.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Dec 2006 08:39:34 pm    Post subject:

#omnimaga wrote:
[17:10:38] <Demon> I can change the output png to black since it's dynamic but I can't change the header and footer (but I won't have those on there anyway since they're so big).
[17:10:44] <Demon> --er to gray
[17:10:56] <Demon> and I can make it only do it for the unitedti server
[17:16:22] <Demon> Nakamuru will stop profanity and I'll add some phrases to the filter list and auto kick- and ban uses that continue to try to do it, and on top of that, I made remlast, remfind, and remline commands to quickly strip out things.
I'm giving him one shot at this. The colors (which used to be white-on-black) seem to be working.

Last edited by Guest on 02 Dec 2006 08:43:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 02 Dec 2006 11:23:00 pm    Post subject:

Am I missing something with the signature? I just see big white space and a couple of slightly annoying black bars with flashing text
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Mar 2007 08:43:43 pm    Post subject:

Luby has PMed me about profanity in Demon's signature, which he felt offended at. Having made the conclusion that profanity that people are complaining about is probably excessive, I censored it and sent Demon a PM about it. I haven't warned him yet, but that doesn't mean he definitely shouldn't be warned. (UTI rules don't ban profanity, but he's had problems in the past and other members are obviously starting to complain).
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Apr 2007 05:33:44 pm    Post subject:

Demon's signature as of several minutes ago today:

Quote:
* Insanity wonders why the hell you're reading his signature. *  Go on, nothing to see here!  That's right.  Hey!  I said go!  STOP READING THIS RIGHT NOW!!!!!  Don't make me have use this flame-thrower!  Didn't I tell you to STOP READING THIS!!!??? Kuso yarou!  Ittai nani ga hoshitenda?  Nametonchaunka?  Anata no ketsu wa kusa da oyobi ore wa shibakariki da.  Namen nayo!  Bukkorosu!  Kuso baka yarou...  Man I hope none of y'all know Japanese!
OMG, I can't beleive I finally made one of these... and I'm actually somewhat proud of it... CLICK!!!
Quote:
Asinine: "I give her face a two and her 'asinine.'"
[Riley]: "Hey, you ever noticed whenever someone throws a chair, a brawl shoots off?  I bet you don’t even have to hit nobody with the chair, and niggas would still start wilding out..."

Now, even if the parts in English don't disturb you, this page will help you understand what's wrong with the Japanese.

He has been warned before about his signature, so I deleted it, am about to warn him, and considered making it impossible for him to have a signature before finding no way to do so.

Finally, I think that the rules about profanity should be changed to be much stricter regarding signatures. I can see where it might be appropriate to occasionally be profane in certain discussions; however, a signature appears everywhere and has no such excuse; among other ill effects, it determines how people read every post the signature's owner makes. Are there any objections?
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 07 Apr 2007 06:24:58 pm    Post subject:

If he has another "problem" with his signature, ban him. You can only be warned so many times, before you think there is no real consequence.

Last edited by Guest on 07 Apr 2007 06:25:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Apr 2007 06:48:56 am    Post subject:

Sigh.

http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?showuser=1110

Demon's avatar is set to: http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/6509/me...alcmycreeu1.gif

(I have a copy on hand.)

The script:

Code:
prgmA000Q

Hey, wa'sup?
My name is...
Wait a minute...
Damn it!
That fucking Randomist...
...he never game me a name!
Lazy bastard.
If I weren't stuck inside this
fucking calculator, I'd kick

AHEM! *Grrrr...*

Uh... I think I should go now...

Good idea.

The End!!!

(I have too much free time!)

'Kay, you can go away now...

Bitch, I said go away!

STOP READING NOW AND TURN OFF YO' COMPUTER!

* Grabs rifle *

Any ideas? I'm about ready to ban him.

Last edited by Guest on 13 Apr 2007 07:27:49 am; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Apr 2007 02:19:35 pm    Post subject:

I'd just ban with an email explanation. He already has a longer rap sheet than any other member, and we're just warning him in circle now.

Last edited by Guest on 13 Apr 2007 02:23:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Apr 2007 03:27:52 pm    Post subject:

I agree. In fact, I changed the percent numbers in the warning system to reflect what appears to be the consensus (that four warnings should mean a ban).
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Apr 2007 06:37:16 pm    Post subject:

I removed his avatar and sent an e-mail:
Quote:
After continual disregard for the wishes of staff members in the form of displaying violence and foul language in your avatar and signature numerous times, you have been banned from United-TI by consensus of the staff.

...and I can't change his group.

Last edited by Guest on 13 Apr 2007 06:37:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Apr 2007 07:06:35 pm    Post subject:

Done.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 13 Apr 2007 07:18:58 pm    Post subject:

Is this ... permanent?
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Apr 2007 07:31:57 pm    Post subject:

It is. One never need be warned three times for the same behavior.

Last edited by Guest on 13 Apr 2007 07:34:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Apr 2007 07:45:14 pm    Post subject:

In retrospect, we should probably have suspended him somewhere around two warnings (or maybe three). I somehow doubt it would have made an impression, but this does seem like a rather steep escalation.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Apr 2007 08:08:12 pm    Post subject:

In the past, there's been a lot of crap going down in the channel, too, by the way. (Just ask Zeromus or Tianon.) But overall, with each warning, he has apologized to me in IRC—yet only to make the same mistakes again afterward. Experience demonstrates that he can't follow directions over the long term, which was his demise.

Last edited by Guest on 14 Apr 2007 07:51:50 am; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Apr 2007 08:29:51 pm    Post subject:

Sorry for reopening the topic, but I noticed Demon is logged in despite ban status. Does ban just prevent you from posting? (Maybe there's different levels of banhood?)

AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 21 Apr 2007 03:30:00 am    Post subject:

About all someone that is banned can do is login and look at topics they created. Only Staff can even see that banned users logged in. They actually have more viewing permissions if they are not logged in.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Apr 2007 03:41:26 pm    Post subject:

Ah, okay. I always figured it blocked logins and I was a little freaked when I saw the screenshot.

*Closes topic back
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement