This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Releases => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Project Releases

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noob88

Posted: 16 Jan 2007 08:32:20 pm    Post subject:

I have not found a use for multiple screens, they seem to either not work or have no purpose whatsoever. Also, you are not able to load files. I have made 4 save files and that works great, but whenever I try to load, nothing happens, and I get a blank "new" screen to draw a new line.

I also have not gotten the xLib thing to stop telling me I have low mem, when LINERIDR and its subroutines are the only thing in my RAM. When I go to mem save, all it does is teach you how to archive things, It never says anything about my memory even If I unarchive all of my programs to make my free RAM very low.
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 17 Jan 2007 08:51:03 am    Post subject:

I thought it was updated. i will update it soon, but if you can't wait go here
Noob88

Posted: 17 Jan 2007 11:22:21 am    Post subject:

Is that an updated version where everything works?

Also, could you explain to me how the changing screens is supposed to work?
luby

Calc Guru

Posted: 17 Jan 2007 05:15:39 pm    Post subject:

I have it set up (hopefully so that if you drop out at, let's say, cooridinates 62,78 then it switches pages and starts the cursor at 3,79 on the 2nd page
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Jan 2007 06:11:09 pm    Post subject:

You should stick them all into a group to make it easier...

Might want to fix your misspelling of "nitacku" in the readme ;)

I still get that bug of a pixel disappearing in the top left hand corner (it's pixel (1,0)) or some random pixel disappearing on the left vertical line...

After running the track, my cursor moves back to the top left hand corner. Not really a bug, but it's annoying after the first time.

Optimistically, it is still a staple in z80 Basic history. I [s]love[/s] like it!

Last edited by Guest on 17 Jan 2007 06:19:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
luby

Calc Guru

Posted: 18 Jan 2007 05:00:44 pm    Post subject:

would it be better if it was in the center of the screen?
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Jan 2007 05:04:49 pm    Post subject:

If you mean the cursor, I don't know. Because I don't know how the multiple screen thing works, so I dunno. I THINK that the cursor should start on the same row but left-aligned.
Noob88

Posted: 18 Jan 2007 05:05:56 pm    Post subject:

Well I think its fault, because when I press [2nd] when on a "new screen" it drops the thing down and it crashes.

It would be good if each screen started at the upper left, but there was a smooth scrolling from ending point on line of one screen to beginning point on line in another.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Jan 2007 05:10:25 pm    Post subject:

Noob88 wrote:
It would be good if each screen started at the upper left, but there was a smooth scrolling from ending point on line of one screen to beginning point on line in another.
[post="95257"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
The scrolling thing would be cool! luby could get rid of the borders.
Noob88

Posted: 18 Jan 2007 05:21:26 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I posted that thinking it sounded really cool, but that would be more of a feature for assembly I think, or it would run too slow.
luby

Calc Guru

Posted: 18 Jan 2007 09:13:36 pm    Post subject:

Well, Scrolling like in the real game, where it zooms in, would be really tough and take some inginuity. I put borders in because I thought it looks nice, and if and when the sled runs to the end of the page, it should flow seamlessly into the next page, but not scroll.

[edit] it came to me like a bolt of lightning on why the bugs still exist. A certain asm shell that I shall not mention, either broadly or through sMuIbRlAiGmEi nOaSl messaging (if you have not done so, Ctrl A), caused a ram clear, before I backed up the fixed bug version and the rest is history. I took the boarders out and am now making it so when your cursor runs out of drawing space, it automatically makes a new page. update coming soon.

Last edited by Guest on 19 Jan 2007 06:11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Noob88

Posted: 19 Jan 2007 09:41:36 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait for the new version :)

For some reason, it never runs as fast on my calc as it runs on your screenshot... And I have a TI-84+ SE Neutral I have Omnicalc and MirageOS, although I don't run basic programs through Mirage... Would those slow the game down?
Cure

Posted: 19 Jan 2007 10:12:40 pm    Post subject:

Noob88 wrote:
For some reason, it never runs as fast on my calc as it runs on your screenshot...
The screenshot/emulator is sped up, I believe.

Quote:
I have Omnicalc and MirageOS, although I don't run basic programs through Mirage... Would those slow the game down?
Nope. The only thing that would slow it down would be a memory leak.
Noob88

Posted: 20 Jan 2007 10:06:37 am    Post subject:

Oh ok, I wasn't sure... Anyways, looking forward to your new version luby :biggrin:
luby

Calc Guru

Posted: 22 Jan 2007 03:11:31 pm    Post subject:

*UPDATE IS HERE!!*
The new update fixes any and all bugs from previous versions and is my beta working thing on backwards. I added an FAQ section to vent some of my humor that has backed up. if you go off a jump the sled now goes at a slope of 2/3 vs.1/1 as in earlier releases. enjoy.
Cure

Posted: 22 Jan 2007 08:24:46 pm    Post subject:

How do you move the cursor without drawing, so that there can be gaps? The in-game documentation doesn't mention.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Jan 2007 08:26:33 pm    Post subject:

Hit [ALPHA] to toggle erase and draw mode. In erase mode, any pixels encountered will be turned off.
Noob88

Posted: 24 Jan 2007 09:42:39 pm    Post subject:

This new version "fixes all bugs" But I still cannot get the switch screen mode to work or the loading function.

And on a minor note, sometimes a pixel will freeze somewhere, like when the sled is doing a flip in the air, one of the pixels will just stay on and won't turn itself off after the sled moves from its position. Not really a big deal, just thought I'd bring it up.
luby

Calc Guru

Posted: 25 Jan 2007 05:40:14 pm    Post subject:

watch this demo on how to do the switch screen. I don't hit mode at any time. just draw and stat. [attachment=1227:attachment]

Those pixels usually disappear, so don't worry. I'll try to sort that out.

Last edited by Guest on 25 Jan 2007 05:42:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Noob88

Posted: 25 Jan 2007 05:44:56 pm    Post subject:

Ok thanks...

Is there some sort of bug with the save\load functions, or is it just me Neutral ?
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 5 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement