This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Modifications => Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 23 Jan 2007 12:51:05 am    Post subject:

Delnar_Ersike wrote:
Kerm, if you are really up to it, you can install a DSL port into your calc and maybe replace the arrow keys with a trackpad
[post="95571"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No, and I already have it externally.
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 23 Jan 2007 07:14:13 pm    Post subject:

kermmartian wrote:
Delnar_Ersike wrote:
Kerm, if you are really up to it, you can install a DSL port into your calc and maybe replace the arrow keys with a trackpad
[post="95571"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No, and I already have it externally.
[post="95574"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That takes care of the mouse, but what about the DSL port? Posting on calc forums from a calc can be real cool :biggrin:
todlangweilig

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Jan 2007 09:51:35 am    Post subject:

As promised, here are some pics of my Ti-86. I don't remember when I painted it, but it was some where 3-4 years ago.

I only painted the back side because I wouldn't be able to reapply labels to keys. I basicly sanded the back of the calc so it would be as smooth as humanly possible. I had to widen the screw holes on the bottom to get the torx screwdriver down there to remove the screws. To make things easier on my hands when using the calc, I used a counter-sinking tool to bevel the edge. (my appologies for not being able to easily see this in the pic) The battery cover has semi-matte finish. The battery cover is a deep orange color, on my monitor it shows up more yellow. The rest of the case is a glossy maroon-ish color. I wanted it to be fire engine red, but I mixed black instead of white, which made it too dark. On the front cover, I tried to paint the axes yellow, but some of the paint got under the tape, this is on the top part of the graph. On the right hand part of the graph, some of the paint peeled off when I took the tape off. I was going to paint the function a nice shade of blue.(yes, one can see reminantants of metalic Sharpie pen) I was also thinking of painting the 4 quadrants.
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 09 Feb 2007 12:04:24 am    Post subject:

[Digg It!] The Ultimate Calculator is an extreme-modded TI-83+ graphing calculator, a device with an MSRP of around $90. Almost everyone who has recently taken a high school or college math or science course should have at least a passing familiarity with it. It's a project I had dreamed of attempting for a very long time, but never quite had the resources and equipment to complete. At long last, it has been created, and all within the short span of a bit over a month. Firstly, to avoid a TL;DR situation, the headline features:

• Modified LCD with RGB LED backlight controlled by a GAL16V PLD slaved to two CPU I/O lines allowing full-spectrum color control that also illuminate the case windows
  • Sanded, painted, and varnished case with sports car-style racing stripes
  • Removed LCD bevel and slanted LCD for more unique, non-branded look and easier LCD viewing
  • Internal powered PS/2 port with working drivers for use with external keyboards and mice
  • Case cutouts and case windows for added "wow" factor
Check out the links below for more detailed pictures and additional construction pictures and information.

Informational Links
The Photo Album
The Construction Blog
The Construction Discussion

The Main Pictures (Click to enlarge)

The Original

The Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFdB5fLoQcA

[Digg It!]
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Feb 2007 11:06:24 am    Post subject:

Gah! That calculator has the crazies! The crazies I tells ya!

The mouse part sort of got me thinking: is it possible to miniaturize a mouse enough to fit on/in the back of a calc?
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 09 Feb 2007 03:22:51 pm    Post subject:

My goal is to get a PS/2 touchpad and mount it on the back of the case.

Btw, digg frontpaged.
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 09 Feb 2007 07:02:14 pm    Post subject:

Awesome! I'm drooling already...

I vote replacing the arrow keys with a trackpad/buttons. That way, you could have your mouse feature and have normal games that use the arrow keys/multiple arrow keypresses be able to use the mouse
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement